Posts by livs

To respond to myself, the issue with scrolling speed was because I had 3 lines in LCD.xml, should be 4.

Oledproc could be in 3 line configuration, and in this case the display will not show last line. Which is fine.

Hi LuRu,

I put aside the project for a while waiting for a green oled. Now it comes and installed.

I am still looking for the right font to be displayed in a 3 line configuration.

I have some issues with scrolling, as the speed can not be configured, any value selected is the same speed.

What can I do?

To add information, I update to LE 11 and it works fine.

Changing the fonts was a tentative to improve how a particular oled will show information and how much is visible from some distance.

I did't think about copyrights, as I download the fonts free from internet.

I understand your concern so to avoid any problem I will keep for myself any changes which may involve copyright issues.

As Libreelec use fonts under public license, maybe a connection (symlink?) with the font folder is usefull.

This is what I have now:

Hi,

I will add here some results about tests to be available after vacation, if you prefer we can discuss in private.

I have a spare Pi3+ and make an install.

First, normal error like CM4:

Try to solve rotate error and declare value 0, as it should be. This error removed.

Next I have server.bind(server_address) error, I resolved by remove server_address and replaced with LOCALHOST, PORT declared as it should be.

After this XBMC LCDproc connect to Oledproc, but there are errors

I have no idea about what means these.

For example,

Code
    ### [XBMC LCDproc] - Connected to LCDd at 127.0.0.1:13666, Protocol version 0.4 - Geometry 16x4 characters (256x128 pixels, 16x32 pixels per character)

256x128 should be 256x64?

What else I did, I add to cmdline.txt this:

Code
    spidev.bufsiz=8192

I attach the service file that i have now.

Hi,

I propose to use at first dc=pin18 (bcm24) and rst=pin22 (bcm25).

However, I think an editable conf file, like LCDd.conf is maybe better. Any combination could be there, and any user should do it for himself, considering the board, display and so on.

I like the interface, but I will do it once and no change later. It will be a minimal interface.

I know that this approach may change a lot your concept, but think about.

Thank you

Hi,

I did change the file and a different error.