S905 builds - general discussion

• Guess ? ;)

it was an introduction to say that i'm happy with LE.
    If you read the entire post (which i think is not too long) you'll see my question is related to a S905 device and the specific build of kszaq.

• Hi kszaq,

Last week you have promised version with DVB driver for K1plus.
    Could you let know what is the status of that?

Best regards
    Darek

Promise is a strong word in my language and I only said I will try.

I don't have a device with built-in tuner so I did some testing with envagyok and so far none of the drivers worked. I'm very short on time recently so the process is slow. I think I will try 2 more approaches to this and hopefully one of them works. If none of them does, I will give up on trying to make internal tuners work.

• Hi kszaq,
    I have K2 pro combo TV box and also ready for some tests to make worked build in tuner, so if have build with built in drivers for test and need some logs from box i test it and send back.

• I don't have a device with built-in tuner so I did some testing with envagyok and so far none of the drivers worked. I'm very short on time recently so the process is slow. I think I will try 2 more approaches to this and hopefully one of them works. If none of them does, I will give up on trying to make internal tuners work.

Hello kszaq! Please, don't give up :) Only two reasons, why i personally bought K1 Plus, were internal tuner and your amazing LE for Amlogic. I think you know, that already exists version of LE for K1 Plus which working well with internal tuner (look here 7.0.2.003), but in general this build less usable than yours. So, maybe possible to use drivers from this version? I'll be happy to participate in testing too, if needed :) So, saying again, please don't give up, K1 Plus users are counting on you. Thank you!

• Hello, I also have K1 plus box, and ready for testing if there is need. I had old mxq box and was very pleased with your openelec then libreelec on it, reason I bought K1 is just because inbuilt tuners, original firmware is working ok but dvb apk is a little bit pure, unfinished I would say. Hope to find solution to enjoy in box under libreelec :)

Edited once, last by njofr@ (September 23, 2016 at 9:01 AM).

• Promise is a strong word in my language and I only said I will try.

I don't have a device with built-in tuner so I did some testing with envagyok and so far none of the drivers worked. I'm very short on time recently so the process is slow. I think I will try 2 more approaches to this and hopefully one of them works. If none of them does, I will give up on trying to make internal tuners work.

Thank you for your response.

If you like, I can help you with testing.

• Hi, I am new here.
    I also have K2 pro box same as K1 plus box. I tried this firmware Index of /files/LIBREELEC/K1_PLUS and internal dvb tuner working well, but wifi not detected.
    Please don't give up kszaq, you are the best.

So K1 plus builds can be used to install to K2 pro as well? Does K2 pro's internal dvb-t2 detected within TVheadend?

Just want to know because I just ordered K2 pro, hoping to run it as a stable TV server backend.

Thanks for sharing. :)

• I think this is how Amlogic HW decoder outputs the picture. You can try changing brightness settings in Kodi, I think they should work.

Thank you for your answer. I've tried, but this doesn't solve the problem. It's like the image is going to the output with wrong color levels, maybe with PC levels instead of TV levels? I know that Kodi used to have a setting for this, but I can't find it in the LibreElec version

Edited once, last by Albe90 (September 23, 2016 at 10:49 AM).

• Hello!
    Are there any news (hopes?) regarding on/off issue in nexbox a95x (1/8 s905)?
    Thanks!

Man guys, the power on/off on the A95X is a uboot problem... K repeates this every second day... Stop asking about as it's listed under known issues.. once He has a fix he will remove it from the known issues section..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• as it's listed under known issues.. once He has a fix he will remove it from the known issues section..

Could you be so kind to point me the to right words in "known issues section" where master says about impossibility to turn box on after it was turned off ?
    Thank you.

Besides, there is a topic on nexbox's site about the issue.
    [hr]

Nexbox issue with Uboot

I know this.
    To fix uboot they should release an update to their android?

Edited once, last by rx5670 (September 23, 2016 at 2:24 PM).

• I'm also can test on my k2 pro, I'm sure that is possible use driver from other builds. I bought k2 pro with tuner because I have not a TV set but a projector, so I need the tuner.

William Fanelli

• kszaq, I've just been playing with a couple of Nexbox A95 units and neither one will boot LE from SD.
    I'm not game enough to install to Nand without first checking from SD.

I know there is an issue with the reset switches, so the toothpick method is not going to work but, they do not boot from the SD card even when I reboot to Recovery from Android (the first post suggests that they should). I've tried numerous makes / sizes / formats of SD card.
    These boxes also don't seem to recognise recovery.img on the SD card at all (eg can't boot into TWRP on SD card etc).

Have you heard any other reports about these boxes ?

I have the same box (Nexbox A95, directly imported from a Chinese seller) and the same problem that the toothpick doesn’t work.
    I was able the install libreelec to the nand and it works. Here is what I did:

• Download the firmware for MXQ-Pro-4K from chinagadgetsreviews.com
    • Extract the files recovery.img and dtb.img and copy them to a fresh fromated fat32 SD card
    • Download zip file from Libreelec 7.0.2.007 release folder and Unpack downloaded file to SD card
    • download aml_autoscript from Libreelec 7.0.2.007 release folder and copy downloaded file to SD card
    • Download device tree for Nexbox A95x file from LibreELEC 7.0.2.006 device tree folder, rename downloaded file to ledtb.img and copy it to main folder of SD card
    • you should now have 6 files on your card: aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml, a zip file with an update, dtb.img, recovery.img, ledtb.img
    • Put SD card into the SD slot form the NexboxA95
    • Start box with Android and install “recovery reboot” app. Start the app.
    • The Box reboots and starts an Andorid updater. Let it work!
    • When it’s finished, reboot the box. It starts with Libreelec.

I have only two minor problems:

• After switching off the box (per remote or per frontend) it can only swiched on by disconnecting and connecting the power supply.
    • Toothpick method is still not working. So I see no way back, if anything fails.