S905 builds - general discussion

• Hello people of LIBREelec S905 builds,was wondering if anyone in here has same box as mine and successfully installed and manage to run libre_elec jarvis to my T95M S905 2g8g..thank u in advance.??

Sent from Tapatalk

Edited once, last by warlock09 (August 26, 2016 at 4:14 PM).

• @tecbox@ Memory management will be better in next release.

Uh, already working on 007?

Actually i fooled around the whole day inside .006 installing Aeon MQ7 skin, making extensive use of artwork addons and testing views, and ram usage is on 41%, which in my opinion is a really good value for that kind of use. On previous version i switched some views and was already on 60+% of ram usage.

Edited once, last by azido (August 26, 2016 at 10:33 PM).

• This install went well until i played a movie from my local NAS. Then the screen went crazy. seemed like the movie was playing in the background but i had remnants of the menus all over the screen.
    I tried this on a Nexbox MXQ PRO and a Nexbox A95x. Both are s905
    It seemed to work well with the one online movie I tried.

I finally pulled the SD card and used the Android version of Kodi.
    I would love to get this working properly
    Im not complaining just adding to the info on this site. Ill continue to work with it to see if I can discover the issue.

Well this morning I tried everthing again and it works fine. Yesterday two boxes did the same thing.
    Anyway thanks for listening to an old guys rambling.

Edited once, last by skyeagle (August 27, 2016 at 1:10 PM).

• Hello people of LIBREelec S905 builds,was wondering if anyone in here has same box as mine and successfully installed and manage to run libre_elec jarvis to my T95M S905 2g8g..thank u in advance.??

Sent from Tapatalk

Works beautifully on this box, for me only up to 005, few small issues with .006

Do the SD first to allow dual boot

• @kostaman
    Have you managed to locate a stock image to restore your MiniMX (non Beelink) to latest (S905_107L1) build?

I have a TWRP backup for these boxes but can't find a stock image for them

Edited once, last by Poida (August 27, 2016 at 9:42 AM).

• There is no support for 800x600 in video driver at the moment. Amlogic doesn't use X, it uses EGL and there is no xorg nor xrandr.

I can see that Odroid C2, with the same hardware, for both Ubuntu and Android has 800x600 support (but also with a lot of video tweaking settings), and a very convenient boot.ini configuration file:
    en:c2_tips [Odroid Wiki]
    There is no chance to implement this in LibreElec?

• I can see that Odroid C2, with the same hardware, for both Ubuntu and Android has 800x600 support (but also with a lot of video tweaking settings), and a very convenient boot.ini configuration file:
    en:c2_tips [Odroid Wiki]
    There is no chance to implement this in LibreElec?

To support 800x600 and other resolutions there needs to be a kernel patch and a Kodi patch. I know where to find the patches but integrating them in current kernel is not a trivial task and since most users connect their boxes to TVs I have no immediate plans to inegrate the patches. I will happilly accept patches if anyone implements and PRs them, otherwise this is on my "not that important, might implement" list.

Boot.ini support needs to be implemented in u-boot (bootloader) and that is not a part of my builds. You would have to ask your box manufacturer for u-boot source code, patch it and flash to internal memory to support boot.ini.

For Odroid-C2 situation is different: bootloader resides on SD card (or eMMC module) and you can very easily replace it. Also, C2's bootloader source is open and you can modify it as you like.

• Boot.ini support needs to be implemented in u-boot (bootloader) and that is not a part of my builds. You would have to ask your box manufacturer for u-boot source code, patch it and flash to internal memory to support boot.ini.

Hi kszaq,

Code
    something=if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} boot.ini; then env import -t ${loadaddr} 0x1000; ...

you may use this method in your aml_autoscript. In this way you don't need to modify uboot.

best regards, Gabor

• Works beautifully on this box, for me only up to 005, few small issues with .006

Do the SD first to allow dual boot

Can u point me to the right direction how to install it on sd card pls..? Did you use usb -sd creator made by kzaq's ..what size sd card did you use..does it have to be class 10 more than 8gb...?thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Can u point me to the right direction how to install it on sd card pls..? Did you use usb -sd creator made by kzaq's ..what size sd card did you use..does it have to be class 10 more than 8gb...?thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

OK for me this works

This is for .005 I have not been able to get .006 working as yet

LibreELEC

I have not tried the new usb-cd creator thing yet, I just followed the above instructions for sd card

my card just happens to be an 8gb class 10, but I have tested once with a 2gb class 4 and it worked

The image is not very big, around 600mb when unpacked

• Yeah, I already tried that one - gives me a footer error and aborts (thanks anyway)

@kostaman
    Have you managed to locate a stock image to restore your MiniMX (non Beelink) to latest (S905_107L1) build?

[STOCK] Guides and Stock Backups/Recovery/OTA/RUU - Post #544

I updated OTA on my box. If you installed TWRP please read post link.
    Should work after you follow instructions. Do a wipe clean and cache clean also.

• Mine doesn't find any OTA updates, I guess it's because it already has 107L1 build.
    I just wanted the stock FW in case of bricking, the TWRP backup will have to do for now

Yeah that must be the latest.
    Good idea to save the stock whilst you have it. Save it as an image file in TWRP.
    OTA will only apply if your system is completely stock, without ever having been mounted rw.

Edited once, last by kostaman (August 28, 2016 at 1:23 PM).