VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Hi,

I'm using libreelec and this add-on with cyberghost. Everything is set up and working fine but I was wondering, do we need to disable ipv6 in librelec to prevent leaks? The cyberghost client says it handles this but obviously the add-on uses openvpn as opposed to its own client. Also, is there a way to test if DNS or ipv6 is leaking such as ipleak in the web browser.

Thanks you

Edited 2 times, last by Marcy922 (February 26, 2018 at 11:06 PM).

• Thank you for creating this awesome addon. I've been using it for a while now and am very heppy with it.

I ran into a problem since switching to Libreelec Alpha (#0303). I want to turn on addon filtering for Netflix, as I can't play stream with the VPN enabled (using NordVPN). Turning off the VPN solves the problem, so I wanted to put Netflix on the exclusion list.

In the Alpha build, if I click on "Excluded" in addon filtering, my Raspberry pi resets right away.

I am running a RPi3 with Libreelec, netflix, Neptune and your addon. Fresh install from today, and the filtering works on the normal release, just not in the Alpha. (Netflix doesn't work in the normal release).

Crash log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Debug log1:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Debug log2:

• I hadn't (haven't) checked, but it's open source code.

Doesn't fix all the of the issues they have with their terrible service though as has been covered in this thread and others previously.

• Hi, i am novice to all things related to linux, raspbmc or libreelec etc. Just bought an osmc based vero 4k. tried to install this addon and configure it to work with expressvpn. I am getting this exact same error as you are. Can you please help me out as to what did you do to fix this?

Shared album - Srihari V N - Google Photos

Error as here.

• Thanks for quick reply. If that was the case how will it get to the first connection step where I am asked to pick servers?

I did this through wizard. if the password was wrong , i didn't expect it to go to next step at all. Does that make sense?

Sorry need to check the password once I go back home in the evening but i didn't expect it to show servers unless you have coded those in the addon.

And also i thought the configuration was automatic, but it asks me to supply ,ca,.certf,user or password, .ovpn files etc at the end of the step after I select a specific server. is this happening because it was wrong password in the first place? or is this something that is mandatoy?

Edited once, last by srvn: More info (March 9, 2018 at 12:18 PM).

• 4.4.0 pushed to the repo

It improves username and password validation

And it removes PureVPN as they have their own add-on now which hopefully addresses the ongoing issues with dropped connections and security holes. It also means that these issues with Pure can be taken up with their support directly. You can get that here kodi-vpn

• 4.4.0 pushed to the repo

It improves username and password validation

And it removes PureVPN as they have their own add-on now which hopefully addresses the ongoing issues with dropped connections and security holes. It also means that these issues with Pure can be taken up with their support directly. You can get that here kodi-vpn

followed suggestion and gave up on purevpn, now with new provider no problems. one question, i'm using IBVPN and server list on your addon seems missing quite a few servers. I am referring to italian ones in particular. any chance to implement them? thanks for your work. And well done with purevpn

• Hi there,

Coming back with another issue I am facing with HMA and the add-on. Back in June you already fixed an issue related the config file.

I just update my Librelec to the latest version and now I get the following error: Error connecting to VPN, authentication failed check username/password (or cert and keyfiles).

My credential are working fine on my computer, so it might be related to cet/key files. Please, What should I do?

Thx in advance for your help!