VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• The log just shows a bunch of successful connections to 2 or 3 locations. I can see a bunch of problems with addons that we shalln't talk about having what are probably network issues.

Next thing to do is to disable VPN Mgr, start an openvpn connection via the command line and see if you still get issues with other addons. If you do, the problem is probably not my add-on

• Hi Zomboied, I read your thread and just wanted to check. Does this not work with Recalbox, as that not a pure openelec install.

Do you run dual boot and have kodi in the openelec instead ?

And if you do can you boot straight into kodi on openelec without having a controller attached.
    Recalbox you can and then uses cec.
    Reys image you cant so wont be using that going forward. I put controllers in when I play games only.

I get The open VPn Executable isn't working

I read this Kodi & vpn | Recalbox Forum

Tried shelling out but it dont understand -apt let alone -install !!

Not a problem if I have to dual boot I will work out how to do it.

As I prefer Recalbox to retropie.

I also tried the addon in reys 128gb image but had no luck either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• If you want to avoid dual boot, you've got to fix the fundamental issue that recalbox has no openvpn executable.

I dual boot because I think that the LE guys are good at what they do and the Recalbox guys are good at what they do. I can't remember what I did but I modified both images to suit my environment (ie which partitions are used to boot which OS) to allow me to switch between the two and added menu options to do so. CEC wasn't working in Recalbox (or more specifically EmulationStation) when I was looking (a year ago), this might have changed so I needed to use a controller in that environment to switch back.

Edited once, last by zomboided (March 28, 2017 at 7:40 AM).

• Thanks for getting back to me, saves me wasting my time I will go for dual boot.

I see someone has done an image to make easier to go between stuff

recalbox-kodi-dual-boot-images.html

So will give that a go.

Yes recal box cec works great with my sony tv. I literally switch the pi on, it switches my tv on via my yamaha AV amp and I use tv control.

I only plug controllers in to play games when needed.

Gauntlet with 3 wired 360 controllers works great !

Thanks from the UK !!

• Hi, sorry I am not good with linux, so I need help please.
    Rasp Pi 2, openelec 7, OpenVPNManager and a FULL paid TotalVPN account.

I configured all correct, I go to settings, username and password identical to the working ones on my windows pc which connect to TotalVPN with no problem.

I click on VPN connections > First VPN Connection. the list of TotalVPN servers appears

I select Dublin and I get connected :)
    I then select London and I get an error:

Error connecting to VPN, authentication failed.
    Check your username and password ( or cert and key files)

VPN log shows AUTH_FAILED

can you tell me what is going on please? up until now I have NEVER been connected as I have always tried the LONDON server. but randomly tried the Dublin server and got in ok.... it is very weird....

thanks in advance.

• Did you try others or have you only tried London and Dublin?

Hi mate,

just Dublin which worked, and London which didn;t, I have an hour to spare, I can go and try some more...... any in particular ?

thanks
    [hr]

Hi mate,

just Dublin which worked, and London which didn;t, I have an hour to spare, I can go and try some more...... any in particular ?

thanks

ok, I am in the UK.... so I ran through a load of others and I can connect all over the world ( Los Angeles timed out ) but London gives me the AUTH_FAILED error. Any ideas ? according to the TotalVPN, the server name should be england.unifiedvpn.com

Edited once, last by yermaw (March 29, 2017 at 10:04 AM).

• Right, i can see it's using the supercharged version of England (whatever that means) rather than the normal one. To get access to the supercharged versions (England, LA and NY), do you need a different account?

• Right, i can see it's using the supercharged version of England (whatever that means) rather than the normal one. To get access to the supercharged versions (England, LA and NY), do you need a different account?

well.... the plot thickens.... I just tried to get on to London server from the Windows pc..... FAILED.... contacted TotalVPN support and this is what they have said:
    I am sorry to inform, we just had this update from our system admins, we have discontinued the Sydney, London, New York, Chicago and some other servers as well.

Well, as is often the case, a user of your great add-on complains that your add-on may not be working.... and it's got nothing to do with you. :blush:

so, as you were, have a great day, thanks for the add-on and thanks for replying :D
    [hr]

OK, so TotalVPN subscription is cancelled and refunded. reasonable service I guess.
    before I go and spend hours researching the best VPN in the UK for Kodi users.... does anyone have any recommendations please ?

Edited once, last by yermaw (March 29, 2017 at 10:56 AM).

• 4.0.0 has just been pushed on the repo and on GitHub.

It'll update VPN providers from GitHub directly without having to update the add-on (to get new VPN provider updates, just re-validate the connections again)
    And it'll update itself in about 5 seconds rather than about 5 minutes (which was really painful), so I'd really advise moving to using my repo and using auto update now.

It forces you to re-validate the connections on install if you were using it previously, and it's a big change to the way that the VPNs are connected so there might be some bugs. I think it's a big improvement generally though, and I've tested this one myself for a couple days and shaken out everything I could find.

• Hi,

i´m trying to use your addon with my own openvpn server to connect from any location to my server. I could connect and i see the used user online on my server. but the addon hangs with status connected checking location info.

Here is a logfile

NGHZwJvb

At the end there is Getting IP info from IP-API and i think there is the problem ? Is there anything i could do ?

Thanks

After 30 minutes i get an message that there is no external ip and then all works

Edited once, last by Eisi2005 (March 31, 2017 at 9:39 AM).

• 4.0.0 has just been pushed on the repo and on GitHub.

It'll update VPN providers from GitHub directly without having to update the add-on (to get new VPN provider updates, just re-validate the connections again)
    And it'll update itself in about 5 seconds rather than about 5 minutes (which was really painful), so I'd really advise moving to using my repo and using auto update now.

It forces you to re-validate the connections on install if you were using it previously, and it's a big change to the way that the VPNs are connected so there might be some bugs. I think it's a big improvement generally though, and I've tested this one myself for a couple days and shaken out everything I could find.

My LibreELEC shows in your Repo only the version 3.1.1. I've updated and reinstalled the repo, but still 3.1.1. Did you introduce a new repo or so, which I have to install to get the new 4.0.0 version?

Thanks in advance

• The interesting stuff comes after the getting IP bit. I'd expect to see a bunch of debug messages about it retrying different providers. Do you have that log after 30 minutes? You can just paste the delta to the forum if that's easier.
    [hr]

My LibreELEC shows in your Repo only the version 3.1.1. I've updated and reinstalled the repo, but still 3.1.1. Did you introduce a new repo or so, which I have to install to get the new 4.0.0 version?

Thanks in advance

Repo is the same. It's a total mystery to me how Kodi recognises that updates have happened. I've had a box ignore the fact that I pushed an update, yet all of my other boxes have noticed and installed just fine. Reboot your machine, see if it notices, otherwise be patient.

Edited once, last by zomboided (March 31, 2017 at 9:53 AM).

• Repo is the same. It's a total mystery to me how Kodi recognises that updates have happened. I've had a box ignore the fact that I pushed an update, yet all of my other boxes have noticed and installed just fine. Reboot your machine, see if it notices, otherwise be patient.

Weird... Once I read yesterday night, that you pushed the new version to repo, I've looked for it 2 hours after your post (about 12 hours ago). It wasn't there. So I've refreshed your repo through context menu. Still 3.1.1. Then I've uninstalled your repo, rebooted and reinstalled it: Still 3.1.1.

Now 12 Hours later I did all this again, and still after reboot and installation of your repo, there is still 3.1.1. I'm on LibreELEC Jarvis, does that matter?

Hmm... checking your github page: GitHub - Zomboided/xbmc.zomboided.plugins: Data for Zomboided Kodi repository
    it shows v3.1.1 and no 4.0.0, so where is 4.0.0 hidden then?