VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• benito

What we need is a log file that proves that your Kodi setup does not have repositories and add-ons facilitating video piracy. Unfortunately you have installed a couple of repositories that are on Kodi's list of banned add-ons.

As per Kodi rules and thus LibreELEC rules, no support will be given to such setups. Not here, not at the Kodi forum.

So you can either fully clean up your Kodi setup, or find your support elsewhere. The choice is yours.

• Cyberghost changes made in December have been reverted, it should fix issues people were seeing.

Those Cyberghost users using LocalDNS will probably not be happy with the changes, but I think you can change the servers your LE box is using within the Cyberghost site. Or use User Defined.

• I also have Problems running with cyberghost

2020-01-25 16:14:31.862 T:1438626688 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppExcep

tion) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO M

EMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>

Error Contents: global name 'ovpn_configuration' is not defined

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/service.py", line 407, in <module>

wizard()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/libs/common.py", line 1280, in wizard

connectVPN("1", vpn_provider)

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/libs/common.py", line 2154, in connectVPN

writeVPNConfiguration(ovpn_configuration)

NameError: global name 'ovpn_configuration' is not defined

-->End of Python script error report

any hints?

with user defined wizard:

2020-01-25 16:54:54.607 T:1455412096 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>

Error Contents: global name 'ovpn_configuration' is not defined

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/addon.py", line 268, in <module>

wizard()

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/libs/common.py", line 1280, in wizard

connectVPN("1", vpn_provider)

File "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/libs/common.py", line 2154, in connectVPN

writeVPNConfiguration(ovpn_configuration)

NameError: global name 'ovpn_configuration' is not defined

-->End of Python script error report<--

2020-01-25 16:54:54.815 T:1463804800 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.vpn.manager/?list

2020-01-25 16:54:54.815 T:1937403920 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://service.vpn.manager/?list) failed

Edited once, last by earthmate (January 25, 2020 at 4:00 PM).

• zomboided - a quick question, is it possible to set up more than one user defined VPN configuration?

I've got a couple of self-hosted servers which would be useful to be able to switch between (as primary VPN and secondary), but it's not clear if it's possible or how to do it. The wizard will happily import and use either .ovpn file individually, but can both be set up and switched between?

Or is user defined limited to a single server?

• zomboided - a quick question, is it possible to set up more than one user defined VPN configuration?

I've got a couple of self-hosted servers which would be useful to be able to switch between (as primary VPN and secondary), but it's not clear if it's possible or how to do it. The wizard will happily import and use either .ovpn file individually, but can both be set up and switched between?

Or is user defined limited to a single server?

From what I remember, you can configure a button to select another server. That is if you have selected a primary & secondary in the setup.

• Feed the wizard an ovpn for each server and it’ll just use them. It doesn’t need them to be the same at all. It’ll treat all of them separately. As others have said you can cycle between them like any provider

• OK I see what I did wrong. Was expecting to feed the ovpn files in separately. Chucking them all in at once worked, although one is giving issues as it needs a private key password to be entered. Next thing to fix ;)

Thanks guys

Editted to add - I'm now having deja vu of being in this situation before, and from a quick search we have discussed this before here. All sorted!

Edited once, last by DarrenHill (February 1, 2020 at 8:14 PM).

• Hello zomboided,

Greets from Belgium. Can I ask something please. Since three days I have problems with the Swiss Cyberghost Server. I have checked other servers from Cyberghost in LibreElec and they worked fine. Furthermore, I have checked Cyberghost with my Andoid Tablet. But with the tablet I can connect with the Swiss servers. Du you have an idea what I can do? Thanks. Bergfex

Ps.: I also have installed the app new. But no effect. Swiss server is dead.

• Sorry zomboided,

Thanks for the link. When I understand it correctly than there is a problem with the server (for example old server). You have closed the thread. So I have checked it yet. Unfortunately Switzerland does not work yet. If you need some information, that I will send you this information. However, I have to look where I can find them. I have also downloaded the new files from Cyberghost. I will send it to you per mail. Greets. Bergfex

PS.: Get following information from the log.: ... Resolve: Cannot resolve host address: 4-1-ch.cg-dialup.net.443:(Name or server not known)...

Edited 2 times, last by Bergfex2 (February 2, 2020 at 11:09 AM).

• The thread says that there is a Premium/LocalDNS version of CyberGhost and a regular one. When I changed the servers to point at the premium one, it stopped working for loads of people, so it's back to the regular one.

I could support both, but nobody has provided me with all of the ovpn files for the premium, and I don't have an ID to get them myself (nor if I'm honest, the interest).

So as pointed out in the Github thread, I think you could assign your Kodi box to the regular versions. Or you could use User Defined. If there's a problem with the regular versions, I'll fix it if someone tells me the right server - it looks like you've shared the premium version with me which won't work for most people.

• Hi Zomboid

The only two servers I can choose from. Both are Premium Severs. They called "G Europe 87-1-ch.cg-dialup.net" for UDP & "G Europe 79-1-ch.cg-dialup.net" for TCP (see print screen). A 4-1-ch.cg-dialup.net does not exist (anymore). Do you need my CG-login? Unfortunately I am a beginner on LibreElec and not well-known with this sort of changes. But I will send you more Information if you need them.

Greets

Bergfex

• Hi Zomboid,

I have found a German Thread on the website KODI TIPPS.de: CyberGhost in Kodi installieren und einrichten (LibreELEC) – Kodi-Tipps.de

The last answer is translated by myself:

"Hello everybody! We just spoke to CyberGhost Support. In fact, 87-1-ch.cg-dialup.net (UDP) and 97-1-ch.cg-dialup.net (TCP) are the new valid addresses. Problems related to OpenVPN are also not known. Maybe you should try again to completely reset the VPN Manager and generate completely new access data in CyberGhost (create a new device on the homepage under "My Account"). Then go through the VPN Manager setup process again with new certificates etc. In addition, you should make sure that you are using the latest VPN Manager version from the Zomboided Repository.

A new VPN Manager update will probably also be available soon, as the problem is also discussed in the official Kodi forum."

So the old Swiss Servers 4-1- and 9-1- are unfortunately down. I have already chanced the LOCATIONS.txt like this:

Switzerland (TCP),97-1-ch.cg-dialup.net,tcp,443,#REMOVE=1 #PINGSPEED=15 #PINGEXIT=90

Switzerland (UDP),87-1-ch.cg-dialup.net,udp,443,#PINGSPEED=5 #PINGEXIT=60

And then I also get a connection. However, you are also right. The connection interrupts a few seconds later and then the VPN-manager dials in new (On Out, On, Out.... with TCP and UDP together). So I can understand why you do not want to change the new servers. In my opinion it is a problem of Cyberghost (?). I will contact them.

Edited once, last by Bergfex2 (February 4, 2020 at 6:55 PM).