VPN Manager for OpenVPN

• Hi,

when I'm connectet with the vpn the internet connections stops. But it says I'm connected to the vpn. I can connect to the vpn without problems with my PC and my andoid app. I tried reinstall the addon and change alle the settings. I use Libreelec 9.01 with raspberry pi 3. My vpn provider is private internet access. I also tried different servers. My internet connection is back as soon as i disconnect from the vpn.

I hope you can help me

• Hi,

when I'm connectet with the vpn the internet connections stops. But it says I'm connected to the vpn. I can connect to the vpn without problems with my PC and my andoid app. I tried reinstall the addon and change alle the settings. I use Libreelec 9.01 with raspberry pi 3. My vpn provider is private internet access. I also tried different servers. My internet connection is back as soon as i disconnect from the vpn.

I hope you can help me

The log shows the connection initializing just fine. I can see this in two places. it also seems to remain connected. There does seem to be some network issues though so I don't doubt you're having issues. You could try resetting the VPN provider and deleting the downloaded files to see if doing a fresh connect fixes it. Or it might be some kinda DNS issue. There's some trouble shooting suggestions on the wiki linked from the first post. However, I use the exact same set up as you (albeit with PIA's UK and US servers) and don't see this problem at all, so I'd guess it's something in your environment. that's causing the issue.

• Hi, just installed 9.0.1 on RPI3 and installed VPN manager from github. I set up my details for NordVPN but receive an authentication error message when trying to set up a connection. I have confirmed the username and password are correct on screen, in the log and \service.vpn.manager\settings.xml Anything else I can try?
    Attached is section of log with credentials obscured kodi.log

• Sorry for my poor english but i'm not fluent in this language.8)

first , i'd like to thanks and congratulate Zomboided who made this addon available for us.

i've installed it and it's working perfectly with my vpn provider (which is not on the provider's list).

I'm using the "user defined" way to make this work.

My probem is the following:

unfortunately i just can use one provider (with all the files included in one folder and make import wizard to upload it).

i'm trying to add some more providers because each one had a different password and a different username to connect and other files are also different( .opvn files and certificates).

But i did'nt find any solution to add more than one provider.

I have read the wiki but did not find the same case.

If someone can help me resolve this , it will be fine.

thanks for your help.

• I'm sorry but i have just realize that you had the same question as mine and i will really appreciate if you can help me to solve my problem with multiple providers credentials!

how did you made this possible??

Did you put all the different files in one "user defined" folder and after this, you renamed all the other files : (certificate , ca;cert;key;etc..) with different name for each provider??

do you also have to edit or modify the .ovpn file??

• The import function assumes just one provider, and will try and common up files (like ca.crt, pass.txt, etc) that are supplied.

You can absolutely use multiple providers if you ensure the paths in the files are all correct (and absolute). For example you might have one ovpn file with "ca .../provider1/ca.crt" and "auth-user-pass ../provider1/pass.txt" and another ovpn file with "ca .../provider2/ca.crt", etc.

If you use the import wizard to import just one provider, you should see the resulting files, which can then be duplicated/modifed. There are some words on the github wiki about this too.

• Hi zomboided I'm getting these lines spamming my debug log, any idea off the top of your head what could be causing it? It's otherwise working as expected..

• These have been happening since Kodi 18 and the rewrite of settings. No idea how to fix it because I couldn't find any documentation on how settings should now be structured (to be fair, i haven't looked recently). Turn off debug is the only way to fix.

• I would like to thanks zomboided for this addon.

And I have a question, is it possible to configure it in some way in order to connect to a specific server (NordVpn has different types of servers) instead of connecting to a specific country?

• NordVPN supported me integrated with them by giving me access to their API and talking through how it worked. The decided that by country, and then using the least loaded in the country was the right approach (which for video streaming, I totally agree with). It also works with their constantly changing server IPs as everything is accessed dynamically.

If you're wanting to use one of their special servers, then you can get the address of the server and create the ovpn file. You might do this by letting NordVPN connect, then looking in .../kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/NordVPN/ to get a working ovpn. You might need the other files referenced by it too, such as the certs and password files, and then shove them all into the import wizard.

• zomboided just a heads up that there appears to be an issue with inability to enter settings option of this addon, when using very latest nightly builds of LibreELEC ref THIS POST in Kodi Forum. The addon still working as it should in background, just unable to enter settings to make adjustments.

I concur with tez1 that this issue was possibly introduced around #0528, 28-May-2019 onwards in the v19 - LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 19.0) as mentioned in his above post.

Your addon is still working correctly with Kodi 18.2 (Linux Kernel 4.19.x) LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0.2 and I believe upto #0524 of v19 milhouse nightly test builds. I am running on latest nightly build and will jump back to pre #0528 to check myself when exactly issue is introduced and provide differentiating kodi logs. (Hopefully sometime over weekend)

Edited once, last by MikeKL (June 7, 2019 at 11:50 PM).

• Thanks for the info. I definitely don’t want to spend time debugging problems with nightly builds. Reporting issues to Milhouse is definitely the right thing to do. Happy to look at issues with any regular builds