[9.0.0] LibreELEC builds for MX2/G18

• The problem is that SSH client application on your Mac has saved previous remote system identification for this IP address. Simple solution for you is to delete the known_hosts file in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts (or open it in text editor and remove line 6).

Offending ECDSA key in /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts:

how do I delete it? This is new territory for me. Hope u can help.

• how do I delete it? This is new territory for me. Hope u can help.

Are you really asking me how to delete a file on your computer? Or do you miss the point that there is no problem in your LE box but the problem is in SSH client on your computer? If you try to connect to your box via SSH from another computer it will work. It is a security feature of your SSH client that refuses to connect to your LE device because it has changed its SSH fingerprint (it changes with every new LE installation).

So just delete the /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts file on your Mac (I'm just guessing you are using Mac).

You can delete it e.g. by running following command in terminal:

Code
    rm /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts
  • Got it working with the image thanks guys. Next is how to get it to work without the external sd card. Something About ssh commands. Teach me, ready to learn. Never messed with ssh don't really know anything about it. Main thing at this point is that its working.

Sorry, this thread is about LE build for MX2. I can't teach everyone everything. You can find out how to connect to your LE device via SSH elsewhere, just use Google please. Also there are installation instructions in the first post, please read it.

Basically you need to connect to your device via SSH and run a single command:

Code
    tune2fs -L LIBREELEC_DISK /dev/data
  • KOPRajs... I'm not happy with the performance running the storage volume on an external usb drive.

I'd like to revert back to the internal "/dev/data" location. I understand using the tune2fs command would change the label to point to that folder, but I'm having difficulty copying data from my usb drive to the /dev/data directory. The file system shows as RW if I mount a symlink to the location. But as soon as I start to write to the location, it switches to RO.

Thoughts?

• Are you really asking me how to delete a file on your computer? Or do you miss the point that there is no problem in your LE box but the problem is in SSH client on your computer? If you try to connect to your box via SSH from another computer it will work. It is a security feature of your SSH client that refuses to connect to your LE device because it has changed its SSH fingerprint (it changes with every new LE installation).

So just delete the /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts file on your Mac (I'm just guessing you are using Mac).

You can delete it e.g. by running following command in terminal:

Code
    rm /Users/Dee/.ssh/known_hosts

it works!!! Thank you so much!! I don't have no knowledge of ssh. I basically just copy and paste and cross my fingers. But thank you again!!

• The file system shows as RW if I mount a symlink to the location. But as soon as I start to write to the location, it switches to RO

Never mind. I got it working last night.

I have to say... Reverting back to the internal storage has made things much snappier and smoother. Which is baffling, because the results of my Read/Write tests of the internal storage vs the external SD card indicated otherwise.

Thank you KOPRajs for providing this backup approach for if/when the internal storage begins to fail. I will keep this in my back pocket.

• Hi, I read the steps. I have a problem, I used a Linux live CD and then the usb creator program to later install the label libreelec_disk, it does but my usb memory of 16 only shows 128mb approximately and I can not put the other files to be able to install the other files to do the installation .

• I have an M8S box which I have dual booted with LibreELEC-MX3G.arm-7.0.1.4.img which is working perfectly. No issues whatsoever. I have tried Alexelec but will not work. This is the only one worked. However this has Kodi 16.1 - Jarvis. I have searched everywhere in order to update to Krypton without success. I also found that MX3 was an earlier version of MX111 and yet even liberelec update for MX111 will not work. Not frustrated but surely there must be one for M8S that works. Can anyone please guide me.

• okay, I wrote the empty image file to my sd card. Now what? I don't know if I should copy the zip file somewhere, but my Win7 PC says it needs to be formatted. Was I supposed to copy the zip to the image file?

Any help would be much appreciated! I am currently running Openelec, Nemsis72's version.

• Hellos guys

I need your help. I have achieved to start Libreelec on my MX device but its working only when i have the SD card on. If i remove the card then the system cannot start.

I need help how to install it to internal memory of the box so i will not need the SD card anymore to start Librelec.

On a different post for other type of devices ''kzaq'' with SSH method and using the command ''installtointernal'' worked fine. With this version is not working because cannot find this command. What can i do to install Libreelec to internal memory.

Thank you

• is it me or am i getting a slight choppy playback on 1080p resolution ? . I was using Ember v3.0.1 free version on 1080p and did not experience this issue . Video file is in Samba share wired connection. HW acceleration enabled

• hi all, i am using the openelec 6.0.3 but i cant install any of this versions.

i allways got some error, i try using .tar files on the paste update, i try clean install and noting

my box is MX2 g-box

Error when i try clean install using 7.95.3

when i try clean install using 8.0.1 version, using the storage img

dont leave of libreelec screen img

• Hellos guys

I need your help. I have achieved to start Libreelec on my MX device but its working only when i have the SD card on. If i remove the card then the system cannot start.

I need help how to install it to internal memory of the box so i will not need the SD card anymore to start Librelec.

On a different post for other type of devices ''kzaq'' with SSH method and using the command ''installtointernal'' worked fine. With this version is not working because cannot find this command. What can i do to install Libreelec to internal memory.

Thank you

KOPRajs can you help me. thankyou