Posts by mcowher

The file system shows as RW if I mount a symlink to the location. But as soon as I start to write to the location, it switches to RO

Never mind. I got it working last night.

I have to say... Reverting back to the internal storage has made things much snappier and smoother. Which is baffling, because the results of my Read/Write tests of the internal storage vs the external SD card indicated otherwise.

Thank you KOPRajs for providing this backup approach for if/when the internal storage begins to fail. I will keep this in my back pocket.

KOPRajs... I'm not happy with the performance running the storage volume on an external usb drive.

I'd like to revert back to the internal "/dev/data" location. I understand using the tune2fs command would change the label to point to that folder, but I'm having difficulty copying data from my usb drive to the /dev/data directory. The file system shows as RW if I mount a symlink to the location. But as soon as I start to write to the location, it switches to RO.

Thoughts?

It appears the bootloader can be unlocked if you were able to root it while it was on an older version of the FireOS:

How to Fully Unlock the Amazon Fire TV Bootloader | AFTVnews

However, even with it fully unlocked and rooted, it's probably not worth it. Sorry for bothering everyone about this.

I was however under the impression that LibreElec was geared towards running well on older hardware and that was one of the advantages of the software. I'm running it on a PC that is 7 years old, and on an under-powered G-Box MX2 and it runs very well.

I'm wondering if the older Fire TVs (especially the stick) might eventually be the perfect device to run LibreElec at some point in the future? As newer and newer versions of Fire TV devices come out, the older one's will likely be unable to perform very well with the latest FireTV OS. And they will likely be unsupported in the future.

Is anyone looking into making these devices run LibreElec natively?

Yeah, this makes more sense now, and I see why it was unique to your issue. Thanks!

Interesting. I removed the RTL8188.conf file I created while troubleshooting WIFI as recommended by someone on this thread rebooted and wireless was better than it has been. I then streamed a 1080P file and the video was choppy and sound was off.

In the past I have re mediated this with the media player setting where you enable HW acceleration. I did this and playback was then the best I have seen thus far. I believe I will now create backup as I do not believe it will get better than this.

Also I do have an ASUS 5GHZ dongle . I read you were able to get a dongle to work. If so, how?

I had made a request to Codesnake in Feb of 2016 on his OpenElec build to include support for the EW-7811UTC device and he did. I'm guessing it carried forward to this build from his original code?

This is my device ID info using the "lsusb" command from SSH:

ID 7392:a812 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd

and if I do a "ls -l /sys/bus/usb/drivers" command, I get this list for my internal AND external network device (the rtl8812au is my external USB dongle):

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Dec 31  1969 r8188eu

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Dec 31  1969 rtl8812au

Finally, this is the output of the "lsmod" command:

Module                  Size  Used by

sha1_arm                3114  0

sha1_generic            1596  0

8812au               1171637  0

8188eu                687222  0

cfg80211              204233  1 8812au

mali                  150145  5

You should run these commands to see what identifiers you get for your device.

The bizarre piece is that you appear to be the only one getting this. I would recreate a new SD card which holds the Libreelec_DISK files

I think it's because I copied the contents of the /storage folder from the USB drive from another MX2 that I updated with this method for my friend to MY sdcard. I don't know a whole lot about SSH, keys, etc., but I know there's a signature involved, etc.

BINGO!

Found the problem. Just need to figure out how to fix it.

This is the output of my 09_Journal-cur.log file on the LibreElec MX2 box:

EDIT: I think I have to delete the /storage/.cache/ssh folder, and it will be recreated upon reboot. Next to figure out how.

I've compared the 05_Network.log file from an OpenElec box that has SSH working and this LibreElec box that doesn't work, and I've found entries missing:

On OpenElec, I'm seeing this in the file:

Code
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      448/sshd
    tcp        0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      448/sshd
    Active UNIX domain sockets (servers and established)
    Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node PID/Program name    Path
    unix  3      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED       5139 448/sshd            

None of those entries appear in my LibreElec version of the file.

I'm also wondering if my cloning of the USB flash drive for \storage\ use from another MX2 is the issue. Maybe that messed up SSH.

I would attempt to connect Hardwired as Wireless appear to be an issue. Putty, Bluetooth, appear to be working fine. Wireless "BLOWS" May have something to do with the driver.

Ok, I will try that tonight when I get home. I am using an external Edimax 11AC Wireless USB dongle so I can connect to my 5Ghz network. I will also try the built-in wifi device.

Oddly enough, SAMBA works just fine. :)

I'm connecting via Wireless. The refusal is immediate.

I get the following "Network error: Connection refused". I also cannot connect from Filezilla over SFTP. Get the same exact error.

I have no trouble at all connecting to an Openelec device using Putty or Filezilla.

I get a connection refused message trying to connect to this device via Putty SSH. I've confirmed the SSH service is enable in the LibreElec configuration screen.

I read somewhere it might have to do with the Storage partition being on an external USB drive. Anyone else having this problem?