Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• niabi, you've forgotten to update the version number of ES to 1.8.4 as it still stays 1.8.2.

And in ES video preview can not be playing anymore for me since I've updated to 1.7. In 1.6.5 the video preview play well.

Edited once, last by SumavisionQ5 (March 15, 2018 at 9:22 AM).

• niabi, you've forgotten to update the version number of ES to 1.8.4 as it still keeps as 1.8.2.

And in ES video preview can not be playing anymore for me since I've updated to 1.7. In 1.6.5 the video preview play well.

Opps yeah I forgot to update the version number, but it doesn't affect anything really.

1.6.5 was a long time ago, videos don't play for you since 1.7? How are your videos encoded? All my romsets have videos and they play fine.

• Opps yeah I forgot to update the version number, but it doesn't affect anything really.

1.6.5 was a long time ago, videos don't play for you since 1.7? How are your videos encoded? All my romsets have videos and they play fine.

All my videos scraped with sselph scraper play fine and have sound aswell

• I tried again, but there is no way. :D

I changed the directories if it was not in a correct way, the share is called roms and then a directory called roms, in Kodi, no problem

I2U069d.jpg

I put that new path NORMANDYROMS/roms/roms/... in autostart, in es_systems file... but not lucky

In /mnt or /var/media there is nothing to see, so...

All my videos scraped with sselph scraper play fine and have sound aswell

me too

• Opps yeah I forgot to update the version number, but it doesn't affect anything really.

I will investigate this issue tonight to see whether it is ES theme-related or video-encoding-related.

• Just place the img.gz, but please make a backup of your SD before you update I am not 100% this will go without a problem. it shouldn't as not many things on LE have changed from 8.2 to 8.3 but you never know.

Hello niabi,

this seems to work BUT I ran into another problem, that the "flash" partition is to small for update. The installer says that there is no place, to end the update. If I look I see that Flash ist 100% full. Is there a chance to resize it OR can I only manual install the system and kernel file via copy?

Greetz,

J.

Edited once, last by SSC_Jarod (March 15, 2018 at 2:56 PM).

My fault. I did not update the system correctly. Now it's OK, thanks a lot.

• Hello niabi,

this seems to work BUT I ran into another problem, that the "flash" partition is to small for update. The installer says that there is no place, to end the update. If I look I see that Flash ist 100% full. Is there a chance to resize it OR can I only manual install the system and kernel file via copy?

Greetz,

J.

I am not sure if this can be done :/

what version where you running before? 8.3?

Another option is to do a backup of Kodi and then restore it when you re install? you can also copy the whole /storage directory and restore it.

• i have managed to mount my roms on my nas drive following these instructions on the lakka forum (asked the same question on there couple of years back and it still work on this build)

Remote storage of roms - Lakka - Libretro Forums

• i have managed to mount my roms on my nas drive following these instructions on the lakka forum (asked the same question on there couple of years back and it still work on this build)

Remote storage of roms - Lakka - Libretro Forums

Buffffff I got it Finally!!!!

The truth is that I have renamed several folders to be clearer, so the unit where I have all the roms is called "Ngo" and the "roms" folder is that of the roms. So trying, trying and trying again, I used this in autostart.sh file that works:

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
     (sleep 5;
      mount -t cifs -o username="Normandy Server",password=***,rw //192.168.1.10/Ngo/roms /storage/roms/;
     )&

The IP instead the name of the server, 192.168.1.10 - Ngo (Name of the Hard Disk) - roms (the roms). And in Libreelec I used the default roms folder. Now, File Manager in Kodi and in system info, appear a new mount:

And now when restarting the box, I have in /storage/roms/ everything that I have in my drive appears in D:\roms or \\NORMANDYSERVER\Ngo\roms

what is the problem now? Seems that ES doesn't recognize that in /storage/roms/ , there are roms ;(

Danfozzy85 Do I need to do anything more? editing es_systems.cfg?

• On your screen it says nroms, are your roms in /storage/roms or /storage/nroms/roms ?

Edited once, last by niabi (March 16, 2018 at 5:50 AM).

• it wont find them on the initial boot, (sleep 5). once in Kodi reload emulation station after 10 secs or so.

have you put the blank sx05reroms file in the root of your rom directory?

Edited once, last by Danfozzy85 (March 16, 2018 at 10:01 AM).

• I am not sure if this can be done :/

what version where you running before? 8.3?

Another option is to do a backup of Kodi and then restore it when you re install? you can also copy the whole /storage directory and restore it.

hi,

i was on your last think 1.8.2. I made a test yesterday. Cloned my sd card and wrote your img on another empty card. After that i take the whole files on "Flash" from the new sd card and copied all files (system, kernel, img)to the "Flash" on my old sd card. And it worked. The old sd card bootet normaly and in kodi it says 1.8.4. I am right that the UPDATES are only in files KERNEL and SYSTEM?!?! And these are the only NEW files? Cause if i updated the right way and put the update file in .updates, on the screen always comes the message that he is copying KERNEL AND SYSTEM.

Greetings,

J

• On your screen it says nroms, are your roms in /storage/roms or /storage/nroms/roms ?

I edited to do in the correct path

it wont find them on the initial boot, (sleep 5). once in Kodi reload emulation station after 10 secs or so.

have you put the blank sx05reroms file in the root of your rom directory?

Hmmm I wait more than 10 secs but with the same result :\

• Hmmm I wait more than 10 secs but with the same result :\

Is your mount script still ended with the & character?

(sleep 5;

mount -t cifs -o username="Normandy Server",password=***,rw //192.168.1.10/Ngo/roms /storage/roms/;

)&

[following scripts]

This will cause the mount to wait x amount of sleep, but the following scripts will still start directly afterwards, without waiting for the sleep command.

If you remove the & it might wait long enough for the mount to be present when emulationstation boots.

(a separate sleep insert would be even better as the removal of the & will cause the boot to hang for quite a while, if your network share is down)