Posts by mxqproject

Thanks for the tip, it works but switch to 1080p is not a definitive solution as I have to set up overscan.

Overscan in kodi is ok but not apply in ES.

Is there anyway to get a resolution above 1080p in PPSSPP ?

PS : btw exact 4K resolution is 4096X2160

overscan is to do with the tv, can you change your TVs screen mode to get rid of the overscan? Mine for example I set to ‘full’ or ‘auto’ otherwise the only solution I’m aware of is to set it in Kodi.

And yeah 4096x2160 is true cinema 4K but you won’t find that on ‘4K’ TVs as technically they should be called Ultra HD but the 4K label kinda got attached to them

The box is a beelink mini mxIII II and tv is 4k but display is 3840x2160p

When I launch a psp game from es, display switch directly to weird resolution.

3840 x 2160 is 4K, I had this issue but fixed when changed resolution to 1080p in Kodi

sigh can anyone suggest which DTB to use for a 1GB Mini M8S box please - bluetooth isn't detected or supported even though all other ports / devices are. thank you.

Try without copying over a dtb as sometimes the default one it builds with works fine, I haven’t needed to use a DTB file on either my s905 or s912 boxes

Lakka-LibreELEC/overlayfs.v18-3.10-rc7.patch at Lakka-V2.1-dev · libretro/Lakka-LibreELEC · GitHub

try placing this patch file into /projects/wetek_core/patches/Linux and recompile

It worked for me when I had that issue on the s805

Hi Mxqproject, yeah I installed the backup you made as it seemed to be the only way of getting something similar to Sx05RE working on an S912 as I said I can run games from Retroarch but trying to launch ES2 just reboots Kodi, if you could make an updated build for an S912 that would be awesome. Àlso what happened to the ScottELEC build that was announced, is that still ongoing.

ScottELEC isn't a Kodi build, it's a fork of Sx05RE for S805 devices with modifications and yeah it's still ongoing. As far as S912 goes I will test the old backup on my S912 boxes and see what's what then let you know.

On other news, something along the way broke Advancemame, it loads half of the time but gamepad/sound does not work :/ the other half of the time is just a black screen. I have no idea what broke it or how long its been broken, I'll see if I can fix it, otherwise as much as I love Advmame I might just change to a Libretro core.

That's a shame, speaking of emulator issues, I was compiling from the latest updates earlier today and the Sameboy core won't build properly, kept getting a 'No rule make target' error due to something missing, I ended up rolling back to an earlier version.

Also Reicast is having problems detecting Joypads, out of nowhere it started recognising my Xbox 360 wired controller then the next time it launched it stopped working. I was able to get it working by using

Code
    ls -l /dev/input/by-id

And determining which Event the joypad was connected to, then setting it manually in the emu.cfg, obviously this isn't ideal, not sure how to resolve it though, I assumed it would be automatic and grab the controller config from EmulationStation like the Pi version allegedly does.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm after a little advice, I know Sx05RE won't work on an S912 box as I compiled it and tried, I have however got kszaq's latest libreELEC running on it and I installed the mxqproject to add retroarch and ES2, I can run games from Retroarch but ES2 fails to load, has anybody had any luck getting ES2 to run on an S912.

Many Thanks

I made the MXQ Project build that you're using, which version of it have you installed? Did you install the LibreELEC backup I made? ES should work. I'll test it soon, but I haven't updated that build in a long time, I think probably July/August last year was the last release.

Okay, maybe not golden after all. The m201 build will install, but the boxes show only 345mb of RAM with Libreelec. They show 800 and something running android. It works okay until I go to install a build and then it crashes, I guess due to lack of memory. Suggestions?

edit: okay, read about the fake values reported on those boxes

The HD18Q file is usually the one to go for when it comes to 'MXQ' boxes, most of the 'all-black' coloured ones contain a hd18q board, the m201 boards only have 512mb of RAM which is why your box is showing less than it has, whereas the MXQ files are for the old Beelink MXQ boxes with the red stripe on the box.

Sorry I haven't really had time to check all this, and with my dev laptop being so shitty it takes ages to compile, but I will check it tonight directly on my clean S905 and I will let you know.

Thanks, It's my S805 build that won't mount the Retroarch directories, which is the main build I am wanting to get sorted. I have built for S905 aswell but that won't boot at all. Even with the correct DTB.

New Question. If I had a newer libretto core like the ones in "lib/libretro", how do I update it, cause the filesystem is read only. And I tried anything to get it writeable. I know is for security reasons , but I must really use this .so libretto core, cause with this I have on another 905X box, with emulationstaion/retroarch, no sound issues on psx games. Thanks for helping in advance.

You need to use the core updater in RetroArch, or you could place the core in a writable folder within /storage/ and go into RetroArch directory settings and change the core folder to the one containing the new core each time you want to use it

Hi,

I have found a bit more information about the issues I am having, when the device first boots I receive this error message:

Code
    [FAILED] failed to mount Core directory
    See 'systemctl status tmp-cores.mount' for details

I receive this message for all of the RetroArch directories - Database, Cores, Assets, Shaders and Joypad

When I access the box via SSH and run the suggested command, for example, 'systemctl status tmp-cores.mount' it outputs this:

Code
    ● tmp-cores.mount - Cores directory   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/tmp-cores.mount; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2018-01-22 17:10:02 UTC; 5s ago    Where: /tmp/cores     What: none  Process: 2389 ExecMount=/usr/bin/mount none /tmp/cores -t overlay -o lowerdir=/usr/lib/libretro,upperdir=/storage/cores,workdir=/storage/.tmp
    /cores-workdir (code=exited, status=255)

Jan 22 17:10:02 Sx05RE systemd[1]: Mounting Cores directory...
    Jan 22 17:10:02 Sx05RE systemd[1]: tmp-cores.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited status=255
    Jan 22 17:10:02 Sx05RE systemd[1]: Failed to mount Cores directory.
    Jan 22 17:10:02 Sx05RE systemd[1]: tmp-cores.mount: Unit entered failed state.

Not sure why this is happening or how to fix it, this happens with every mount file for the RetroArch directories.

About the other issues not sure why there is no cores in those folders as when it builds it should automatically create all the files needed, did you modify the source in any way when building?

I don't have a S805 device to test, so I am not sure why this is happening.

Hi,

I have found a bit more information about the issues I am having, when the device first boots I receive this error message:

Code
    [FAILED] failed to mount Core directory
    See 'systemctl status tmp-cores.mount' for details

I receive this message for all of the RetroArch directories - Database, Cores, Assets, Shaders and Joypad

When I access the box via SSH and run the suggested command, for example, 'systemctl status tmp-cores.mount' it outputs this:

Not sure why this is happening or how to fix it, this happens with every mount file for the RetroArch directories.

Yeah thats what I thought, I mean the videos are there, BUT I must install VLC to LibreElec or EmuStation. But I do not know how, cause Librelec forbids install via apt-get. I can only get the install files via curl and then install via tar (this is how I installed the EmulationStation from

"EmulationStation_S905.tgz" as a AddOn in Kodi). I would be very thankful if someone has a workaround to fix that. I mean everything works fine, with Pictures and Boxart... But if can get the Videos to work, it would put the crown on the top :D ... Thanks!!!

Can't help with that one, I believe it needs to be compiled from source along with LibreELEC, Niabi's Sx05RE includes it however.