Identifying MXQ S805 - Libreelec wont take

• So thanks to Libreelec I've been able to redeem some old MXQ boxes for up to date Kodi use. I usually identify the real ones by having the lights on the nic (and being heavier), but I've just encountered one that does have the lights but it wont take the SD card, just hangs on the S805 boot up logo when I plug it in while holding the AV reset pin. Strange, usually I find most of the legit MXQ boxes have just MXQ as the boot splash, so I dunno whats going on. I know I could pull apart the box and look at the board but is there anything else I can try? Using kszaq's versions which I've used successfully all along.

• Okay, maybe not golden after all. The m201 build will install, but the boxes show only 345mb of RAM with Libreelec. They show 800 and something running android. It works okay until I go to install a build and then it crashes, I guess due to lack of memory. Suggestions?

edit: okay, read about the fake values reported on those boxes

• Okay, maybe not golden after all. The m201 build will install, but the boxes show only 345mb of RAM with Libreelec. They show 800 and something running android. It works okay until I go to install a build and then it crashes, I guess due to lack of memory. Suggestions?

edit: okay, read about the fake values reported on those boxes

The HD18Q file is usually the one to go for when it comes to 'MXQ' boxes, most of the 'all-black' coloured ones contain a hd18q board, the m201 boards only have 512mb of RAM which is why your box is showing less than it has, whereas the MXQ files are for the old Beelink MXQ boxes with the red stripe on the box.