Sx05RE v1.8.6 Emulationstation+Lakka+Kodi

• Hi, Tried installing on an s912 but it hangs at the sx095re logo screen, it resizes the partition successfully then reboots but just sticks on the logo screen, I used the pre built version, but was wondering if there a certain way to compile for a s912 box.

Many Thanks

• Hi, Tried installing on an s912 but it hangs at the sx095re logo screen, it resizes the partition successfully then reboots but just sticks on the logo screen, I used the pre built version, but was wondering if there a certain way to compile for a s912 box.

Many Thanks

I don't think this will work on a S912 unfortunately, and I don't own a S912 box to try and implemente it :( Sorry

• The PE release looks amazing, gave it a quick look yesterday.

I have dropped back to ES as shall have to wait until the DS4 pad bug is squashed at the source (my main control pad).

I shall build a USB stick version of v1.8.3PE to have a play with though. Reicast has it's own DS4 mapping scheme that should work nicely at least.

Does anyone on here have any suggestions/success in getting the PE build configured to fully use with a Dualshock 4 pad?

Edited once, last by Quidgebo (March 1, 2018 at 11:47 AM).

• The PE release looks amazing, gave it a quick look yesterday.

I have dropped back to ES as shall have to wait until the DS4 pad bug is squashed at the source (my main control pad).

I shall build a USB stick version of v1.8.3PE to have a play with though. Reicast has it's own DS4 mapping scheme that should work nicely at least.

Does anyone on here have any suggestions/success in getting the PE build configured to fully use with a Dualshock 4 pad?

I compiled the Pegasus edition for S805 the other day to have a look at it, it launches up but wasn't able to navigate games etc, was allowing me to open up menus but that's about it, it looks like it's a really interesting front-end and can be customised a lot, hopefully I can figure it out.

Pegasus is in very early development, I think there is an issue open in Github about PS4 pads (or other pads) not working, but I just think the front end is amazing for our devices since its VERY fast, it loads in less than 1 minute with 6000+ ROMS with all metadata, vs about 5 or 6 minutes for ES.

Its certainly not ready to be the main FE but right now it is working for me with the Xbox pad and it is the one I use :) but the ES version is still the "master" version and it will not go anywhere.

• On other news, something along the way broke Advancemame, it loads half of the time but gamepad/sound does not work :/ the other half of the time is just a black screen. I have no idea what broke it or how long its been broken, I'll see if I can fix it, otherwise as much as I love Advmame I might just change to a Libretro core.

• Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm after a little advice, I know Sx05RE won't work on an S912 box as I compiled it and tried, I have however got kszaq's latest libreELEC running on it and I installed the mxqproject to add retroarch and ES2, I can run games from Retroarch but ES2 fails to load, has anybody had any luck getting ES2 to run on an S912.

Many Thanks

• Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm after a little advice, I know Sx05RE won't work on an S912 box as I compiled it and tried, I have however got kszaq's latest libreELEC running on it and I installed the mxqproject to add retroarch and ES2, I can run games from Retroarch but ES2 fails to load, has anybody had any luck getting ES2 to run on an S912.

Many Thanks

I made the MXQ Project build that you're using, which version of it have you installed? Did you install the LibreELEC backup I made? ES should work. I'll test it soon, but I haven't updated that build in a long time, I think probably July/August last year was the last release.

• On other news, something along the way broke Advancemame, it loads half of the time but gamepad/sound does not work :/ the other half of the time is just a black screen. I have no idea what broke it or how long its been broken, I'll see if I can fix it, otherwise as much as I love Advmame I might just change to a Libretro core.

That's a shame, speaking of emulator issues, I was compiling from the latest updates earlier today and the Sameboy core won't build properly, kept getting a 'No rule make target' error due to something missing, I ended up rolling back to an earlier version.

Also Reicast is having problems detecting Joypads, out of nowhere it started recognising my Xbox 360 wired controller then the next time it launched it stopped working. I was able to get it working by using

Code
    ls -l /dev/input/by-id

And determining which Event the joypad was connected to, then setting it manually in the emu.cfg, obviously this isn't ideal, not sure how to resolve it though, I assumed it would be automatic and grab the controller config from EmulationStation like the Pi version allegedly does.

• That's a shame, speaking of emulator issues, I was compiling from the latest updates earlier today and the Sameboy core won't build properly, kept getting a 'No rule make target' error due to something missing, I ended up rolling back to an earlier version.

Also Reicast is having problems detecting Joypads, out of nowhere it started recognising my Xbox 360 wired controller then the next time it launched it stopped working. I was able to get it working by using

Code
    ls -l /dev/input/by-id

And determining which Event the joypad was connected to, then setting it manually in the emu.cfg, obviously this isn't ideal, not sure how to resolve it though, I assumed it would be automatic and grab the controller config from EmulationStation like the Pi version allegedly does.

Retropi is a beast on its own, Sx05RE is not even close to being there, is has its own internal scripts to modify the emulators configuration and set up the controllers like that.

• Retropi is a beast on its own, Sx05RE is not even close to being there, is has its own internal scripts to modify the emulators configuration and set up the controllers like that.

Oh yeah I know, it's not a deal breaker having to do some things manually by any means.

• Hello. I have a problem with ES and Dualshock 3 controller. This controller works well on Kodi and Retroarch but I can't map the buttons on ES because it doesn't detect the buttons when I press it.

• I made the MXQ Project build that you're using, which version of it have you installed? Did you install the LibreELEC backup I made? ES should work. I'll test it soon, but I haven't updated that build in a long time, I think probably July/August last year was the last release.

Hi Mxqproject, yeah I installed the backup you made as it seemed to be the only way of getting something similar to Sx05RE working on an S912 as I said I can run games from Retroarch but trying to launch ES2 just reboots Kodi, if you could make an updated build for an S912 that would be awesome. Àlso what happened to the ScottELEC build that was announced, is that still ongoing.