Libreelec 7.95.2 High Memory Usage and freeze

• Hi everyone

After 6 Hours of Usage the System show me 809 MB Free and Freeze after that. With Libreelec 7.0.3 i had never seen this huge RAM Usage before.

Here is the Actual Kodi and System Log

Kodi.Log

System.log
    [hr]

• Same here (had this with beta 1 too)

OS: fresh install and format, no previous configs or addons
    HW: GPU = Intel Ivy Bride, 4GB RAM, SSD

Edited once, last by PKOneTwo ().

• It seems the Memory Problem was not solved in 7.95.3 Beta if i fast forward (16x,32x) Local Media ( SSD 250GB ) the Memory gets Full and after a While Kodi Freeze and restart. :(

Here is a Video that show you what i mean.

Memory Get´s Full

i Make an Update from 7.95.2 to .3 Beta.

• The Problem still exists with Version 8.0.0. i Make a Full reset after install and the Memory gets full on fast forwarding Local Media.

• Yep if you fast-forward the memory is getting filled up till the system crashes is still there?!

Any news on this issue?

Edited once, last by Nicolas ().

• Yep if you fast-forward the memory is getting filled up till the system crashes is still there?!

Any news on this issue?

Creating two additional new threads with no additional useful information, just for getting attention?

If you want attention, you can get some.
    I deleted both those threads, btw.

Edited once, last by Klojum ().

• Creating two additional new threads with no additional useful information, just for getting attention?

So, that means any delevoper cant reproduce the problem? When using fast forward on video? (h264 for example, assuming from video, posted on this thread).

Isee jemalloc depend build by peak3d · Pull Request #11620 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub closed, but it could be that it is another issue, or maybe closed to soon? I dont know, but I doubt those reports are just fictitious..

2x VIM3L, 3x X96 Air P3, 6x C2; 6x RPi2; 3x Win7 Kodi + vPeter's mariaDB plugin as Library DB

• Creating two additional new threads with no additional useful information, just for getting attention?

Klojum your friendly moderator? Not today...

The bug still exists on LE 8.01 so I created a new topic ( in the old LE 7.95.2 was mentioned and the pull request was closed on github).

I created one and it wasn't shown...
    When I created the second there was a message that new posts have to be aproved by a mod....
    That's why there were two...so it wasn't on purpose. Sorry for that.

Regards

Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas ().

• Still exists on last version.

Please try to reproduce it, from my side it is sufficient to fast forward a 4k content at 16x/32x.
    Problem arises after a couple of minutes fast-forwarding, and leads to crash or to very-low available mem (i.e. 50 MB free on 4 GB available). If you resume normal playing memory remains un-freed, so it may happen a not-smooth video playing. Only after stopping the reproduction, memory is freed (or after a crash, obviously).

It happens both for USB contents and Network streams (i.e. for network stream I use a Plex server and I stream contents through plexkodiconnect add-on. Conversely for USB contents it is a simple USB3 disk drive).

For me, with a NUC 4 GB memory, it usually crashes after 45/60 minutes (movie time from beginning) continuous fast-forwarding (8x-32x).