Update: i have the NUC7CJYH.
Comparison to my old Zbox ID18 (Celeron 1007U):
- It is a little bit faster, but i have the impression the menu for example isn't "more fluid" then with the old 1007U.
- I had to turn on UHD mode in my Samsung TV, otherwise it would give me max 3840x2160@30hz. I still don't know why. Don't have to do that with my FireTv Stick 4K
- Was watching some 1080p24p content, upscaled to 3840x2160p24p, was running fine. But: every 10 or 30 seconds 1 core (of the 2) goes up to 40-50% for a second and then down.
- i used to use this xorg.conf with my 1007U, but i think it's outdated, anyone knows more about this?
- would you guys recommend giving back the NUC7CJYH (with 4GB Single Channel) and getting the NUC7PJYH (with the J5005 + 8GB Dual Channel)?
What i want is: fluid skin (no animations necessary), hardware decoding of h.264 and h.265, some streaming addons mostly in 1080p (youtube, etc.). That should work