7.03 on the Horizon?

• Still maintaining the stable 7.0 branch.
    Is a 7.03 coming?

Different question: would it be possible to make nightly builds (just for latest stable branch and for master branch if changes happen at all)?

• Hello PKOneTwo,

Why don't you roll your own?

Code
    git clone https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git remote add upstream https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
    git fetch upstream
    git checkout upstream/libreelec-7.0
    PROJECT=your_project ARCH=your_arch make image

• Hello PKOneTwo,

Why don't you roll your own?

Code
    git clone https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git remote add upstream https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
    git fetch upstream
    git checkout upstream/libreelec-7.0
    PROJECT=your_project ARCH=your_arch make image

Well, if i had Linux (and enough CPU power) on my system, i would. Not enough power for a VM as well.

But still doesn't say anything about questions.
    [hr]

Read the first sentence in the post I linked.

Did see that.
    But what i dind't get is: are they talking about nightly in general or nightly of master?
    I was asking for nightly of STABLE branch. Wasn't sure what they meant, that's why i asked again

And still: what about a 7.03 (since the 7.0 branch is still maintained)? Anyone any info?

Edited once, last by PKOneTwo (July 31, 2016 at 5:07 PM).

• Official Post

Still maintaining the stable 7.0 branch.
    Is a 7.03 coming?

Different question: would it be possible to make nightly builds (just for latest stable branch and for master branch if changes happen at all)?

v

A1: Maybe. Apart from addons there are not many differences between current head of libreelec-7.0 and release 7.0.2, yet.

A2: It is indeed possible, but no one has done it, yet.

I hope these answers fit the ones you expect ;)

• The branch is maintained and there will be a v7.0.3 build, but not for a while as there are no urgent/notable fixes since v7.0.2 came out (almost all commits are related to add-ons). Is there something you are expecting to be fixed?

There is one. I am not sure why this is happening right now, but it all started with 7.02. 7.01 and OE before: didn't happen.

When i start a file: it takes some time, until i can see the menu or guide menu (when i press, nothing happens, after a few minutes, it'll show up)

When: mostly after i played a few video files..first few files: no problem.

I am looking into it, if it is video cache related (i changed the cache in advancedsettings for smoother playback).
    Until now: i still have almost 1 GB RAM free when i start a big video file (15GB). So that canÄt be it.

My system: ZBox 1007U with 2GB RAM and SSD inside
    Advancedsettings: Advanced - Pastebin.com

• Unless your network has some very specific throughput issues (in which case the solution is to fix your bad network) there is really no need to fiddle with the default cache settings and I would always advocate removing custom settings. Also, as active development on Kodi v16 ceased 5+ months ago there will be no video changes in v7.0.3 when it ships - only fixes to drivers and system scripts or similar.

If you have graphical issues it's probably best to experiment with the Krypton-based alpha builds. If you still have the problem there it can be reported (to Kodi devs via their forums) and they can investigate and maybe fix something.

• Unless your network has some very specific throughput issues (in which case the solution is to fix your bad network) there is really no need to fiddle with the default cache settings and I would always advocate removing custom settings. Also, as active development on Kodi v16 ceased 5+ months ago there will be no video changes in v7.0.3 when it ships - only fixes to drivers and system scripts or similar.

If you have graphical issues it's probably best to experiment with the Krypton-based alpha builds. If you still have the problem there it can be reported (to Kodi devs via their forums) and they can investigate and maybe fix something.

I read in Kodi forum, that bigger cache size haelp with Mini-Stutters, which occur once every minute (weirdly not because of caching)...
    FYI: installed 7.02 freshly and fresh configuration, still existing

anyhow: i'll look into it, since it started to occur with 7.02

• Best would be to provide a logfile, I would say. This might tell most and if you already looked into it, you might not noticed the important part. Not I would notice it, but probably a dev might be able to. So sharing those logs might be necessary.