Missing "Vertical blank Sync" Option

• OS: 7.95.1, fresh install and format, no previous configs or addons
    HW: GPU = Intel Ivy Bride, 4GB RAM, SSD

As the header says, in older Kodi as well as OE 7/LE7 version there was an option in the settings: called "vertical blank sync"
    (Settings/System v16 - Official Kodi Wiki)

It could be: Always Enabled, let driver decide and off
    Well I used to have off (and "adjust display refresh rate" set to "on start/stop"). This way when i played a file VSYNC was On but when i wasn't playing it was off => the skin worked flawless and FAST.

With LE 7.95.1 it seems like it is enabled (by default) and the option isn't there anymore.
    Is there a way to change it with xrandr or another command line command (so i can put it into autostart.sh)?

Maybe that is a reason why some people complain about laggy skin (Skin is laggy, running LibreELEC 7.95.1 Kodi 17 RC3).

Edited once, last by PKOneTwo (February 1, 2017 at 12:09 AM).

• I found this: thread-4323-post-31039.html?highlight=xorg.conf#pid31039
    But didn't help me.

-- DRI means Direct Rendering Infrastaructure. I can imagine what it does, but what do those values mean?
    -- And there are more versions (i saw an Option called "DRI3" with a Radeon. Which Version dies my Intel support then? Only DRI 1?

It seems to be set at "2" by deafult in LE 7.95.1 (see thread-3807-post-29002.html#pid29002?)

-- And is there any other option which corresponds to the "Vertical Blank Sync" mentioned above?

Edited once, last by PKOneTwo (February 1, 2017 at 12:13 AM).

• I found this: thread-4323-post-31039.html?highlight=xorg.conf#pid31039
    But didn't help me.

-- DRI means Direct Rendering Infrastaructure. I can imagine what it does, but what do those values mean?
    -- And there are more versions (i saw an Option called "DRI3" with a Radeon. Which Version dies my Intel support then? Only DRI 1?

It seems to be set at "2" by deafult in LE 7.95.1 (see thread-3807-post-29002.html#pid29002?)

-- And is there any other option which corresponds to the "Vertical Blank Sync" mentioned above?

What I just did was to remove all my dirty regions settings in advancedsettings. Also the noflip setting. All of them. I have only changed thought 0-3 before when I tried to solve this, but now I completely removed them (going the real default) and now my skin is smooth again, and my cpu is back to low idle.

See if it works for you. Also, all the stuff in xorg.conf didn't help me, and I now got it working even without a custom xorg.conf.

/Söder

• I don't have any advancedsettings set.
    Still have the problem.

But i really would like to now if i can get the missing option (gone from LE7 to LE8) somehow back?

Edited once, last by PKOneTwo (February 7, 2017 at 9:57 PM).