v8.0.0: Device crashes when entering suspended mode (nVidia driver issue)

• Well... no luck for me with LE 8.0.0.
    nVidia driver 375.39 still shows a single underscore on a black screen when entering suspend mode. Assuming this is still an nVidia problem, I guess we'll have to wait for an update, or try to get 8.0.0 to compile with 367.57 (which I wasn't able to accomplish).

Nothing in the logs after this:

Code
    10:26:12.866 T:140609398057088  NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
    10:26:12.866 T:140609398057088  NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc
  • Same here with LE 8.0.0: underscore and black screen when trying to enter suspend with included nvidia drivers.
    Forcing the legacy nvidia drivers fixes it (340.101)

• It would be a good idea for someone to run the nvidia bug reporting shell script that's included in the Linux driver package against an affected system and submit the bug report to them - don't ever assume someone else has reported the issue and it's known/being worked on. Once you get a support ticket, share here or PM to me and I can run enquiries with their driver team.

• It would be a good idea for someone to run the nvidia bug reporting shell script that's included in the Linux driver package against an affected system and submit the bug report to them - don't ever assume someone else has reported the issue and it's known/being worked on. Once you get a support ticket, share here or PM to me and I can run enquiries with their driver team.

Well here's the problem, I just did that. Ran it twice.

First time right 5 seconds before I hit the "suspend" button.
    Second time right after I reset the device (because it crashed), right after it booted.

I compared the files, and nothing differs except timestamps from what I can see.
    You can find the nVidia log here:
    nVidia debug log - Pastebin.com

Enabling debug logging from LE itself only says this:

Code
    22:40:30.556 T:140663002720000   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnSleep from xbmc
    22:40:30.557 T:140663002724480  NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
    22:40:30.557 T:140663002720000   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 8, from xbmc, message OnSleep
    22:40:30.557 T:140663002724480  NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc
    22:40:30.557 T:140663002724480    INFO: LIRC SetEnabled: disabled
    22:40:30.557 T:140663002724480   DEBUG: CApplication::CloseNetworkShares: Closing all network shares
    22:40:30.557 T:140663002724480   DEBUG: LogindUPowerSyscall - delay lock released
    22:40:30.655 T:140663002724480    INFO: LIRC SetEnabled: disabled
  • Im having the exact same problem when asking to suspend. In my case screen goes black as reported here with the underscore as well. My USB dongle (for the remote) stays with the red light turned on (as if I were constantly pressing some button forever...)
    I thought I was alone on this until I find this thread.

Geforce GT 610M here. So, its only a matter of waiting?

Legacy driver solves this issue but cmon....:D

Another question, once we enforce the legacy driver, all it needs to revert to the actual one is to update the LibreELEC again?

PS: I'm on LE 8.0 ofc.

Edited once, last by djhifi (February 26, 2017 at 4:03 AM).

• Another question, once we enforce the legacy driver, all it needs to revert to the actual one is to update the LibreELEC again?

No, just revert the changes you made to force the legacy driver. Once you force the legacy driver the change will continue across upgrades.

• No, just revert the changes you made to force the legacy driver. Once you force the legacy driver the change will continue across upgrades.

The great Milhouse.

Can you please advise the correct input prompt? Im lost as to which one it is.

PS: Haven't your already fixed this on your latest fork in the GIT ?

Edited once, last by djhifi (March 6, 2017 at 7:24 PM).

• Once there's an upgrade available that sorts the issue out install it, then simply delete file /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules

When you reboot LibreELEC will then use the standard Nvidia driver that came with the upgrade.

• Can you please advise the correct input prompt? Im lost as to which one it is.

Afraid I don't understand the question - what input prompt are you referring to? The workaround involves creating the udev file as per post #3.

PS: Haven't your already fixed this on your latest fork in the GIT ?

No, the only fix at the moment is the workaround, which is only required by a subset of Nvidia users (typically users of older hardware, but sufficiently recent that it can use both non-legacy and legacy drivers). Unless Nvidia fix the bug in the non-legacy driver the only solution LE could implement is one that forces older Nvidia hardware to use only the legacy driver.

• Afraid I don't understand the question - what input prompt are you referring to? The workaround involves creating the udev file as per post #3.

I was asking which is the method to "revert" the changes. I mean, to force the legacy driver I've entered the input on the first page (via SSH).

How it's done to undo it then, i.e.: to delete the legacy drivers (once updated ones come out) ?

Edited once, last by djhifi (March 18, 2017 at 1:12 AM).

• You aren't deleting the driver itself, just the instruction that tells LibreELEC to use the older ones instead of the newest.

i.e. Both drivers are installed in the system already - you don't need to touch them. Just add file 96-nvidia.rules which forces use of the legacy version. If the rule is not there LibreELEC goes back to uses the newer driver as usual.

Edited once, last by kurai (March 18, 2017 at 1:27 AM).

• You aren't deleting the driver itself, just the instruction that tells LibreELEC to use the older ones instead of the newest.

i.e. Both drivers are installed in the system already - you don't need to touch them. Just add file 96-nvidia.rules which forces use of the legacy version. If the rule is not there LibreELEC goes back to uses the newer driver as usual.

Any progress with LibreElec 8.0.1?
    Are the included nvidia drivers still problematic regarding crash upon suspend?
    Which driver versions are included?