[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• merged all kernel changes from 8.0 branch, including Nougat kernel imports, audio fixes etc.
    • 7.0.3.012l
    • kernel is back to Marshmallow
    • subtitles security patch backport applied

Hi in 'K' u used the nougat kernel now you gone with' L' to maRshmallow.

Is this improving our video or not?

i was satisfied with' K' exept subtitles support. i dont use it . i watch offline my content.

• @kszaq

I appreciate the updates, thanks.

Since with K not really working for me and L being back to the MM kernel, some live channels are glitchy.

I found that disabling amcodec fixes this, when ff-mpeg is used.

I'm trying to figure out whether it's possible to only use amcodec for 720p and up? Since the glitchy channels are SD and the S905X can handle decoding them in software.

• kszaq

Alright, from a few minutes of looking at it I think that did it, thanks!!!

I'll check it more thoroughly tomorrow, and if it indeed solves the problem I'll add that command to autostart.sh.

It shouldn't negatively affect normal content like 720p/1080p/4k encodes, right?

And one more question if I may, what does this setting do exactly? I don't know much about linux and decoders, so I tried to search for it but didn't really come up with anything informative.

• It shouldn't negatively affect normal content like 720p/1080p/4k encodes, right?

I have not seen any negative effect.

And one more question if I may, what does this setting do exactly?

It is Amlogic hardware decoder parameter called DEC_CONTROL_FLAG_DISABLE_FAST_POC. What does it do exactly I don't know apart from improving LiveTV playback. ;)

linux-amlogic/vh264.c at amlogic-3.14.y · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

• I wouldn't expect any more Jarvis updates.

MAYBE "K" will get updated if/when the Full Nougat Krypton build is stable, IF Kszaq feels it's worth while - but that's just me speaking.

A full Nougat Jarvis build would be pretty awesome for Live TV. Even I notice the quality difference of the Nougat builds on a regular s905 (non X) box, on a 1080p plasma.

• I am no longer working on 7.0 builds.

7.0 builds are better than 8.0 builds. With the 7.0 builds, my beamer automatically switches the image for 3D movies into the 3D mode. This does not work with the 8.0 builds unfortunately.

Can you implement this function in the 8.0 builds?

Thank you for your work

• I bought extra because of kszaq 'k' release an class 10 uhs1 sd card. I will use 'k' for daily use. This will give my libreelec an extra boost.Its the best you can get right now.

Hope he will one day update the feature:

#bootspeed optimations like in 8.02b

If you enjoy up to 1080p content.

• Is it safe to use 'k' build despite lack of subtitles security patch? My library is located on a desktop computer so all subs downloaded by LE are downloaded there.

• Is it safe to use 'k' build despite lack of subtitles security patch? My library is located on a desktop computer so all subs downloaded by LE are downloaded there.

if you watch offline. It's safe. It is the best build ever made in Libreelec history.You even dont have to set the audio delay.