[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• 7.0.3.012i uploaded with some minor improvements. Changelog in OP.

With i version i have stuttering with livetv. Time to time (2-3 sec to 10-20sec) stutter, and VQ near 0 always at infopanel.

With H version no stuttering.

Before H i had F version, what have proble with stuttering too.

• Great news I have fixed the problem with the temporary loss of keyboard and remote control when playing back a video or streaming video. I just knew it was going to be something simple and easy and a detailed search in the KODI forum found me the answer. It was simply a matter of disabling the Vertical Sync option in the KODI Settings, or preferably setting it back to the default Let The Driver Decide option. For some strange reason, and clearly a hiccup on my part, this was set to Enabled right from when I first set up LibreElec 7 on my S905X MXQ M12CX box some weeks ago now.

Now everything on this box works brilliantly, and is extremely fast and reliable too, so no complaints whatsoever as htis is as close to perfection as I could have wished for. IMHO this MXQ metal cased M12CX S905X 1G/8G box is truly a winner with LibreElec 7. It is a pretty good price for a box that to me both appears and feels to be a good solid build and quality, and indeed the metal case is of course also a great aid to heat disipation. I had maintained confidence that the problem I had was going to prove to be casued by some small silly error and not by the box hardware itself. Now I have also updated it to 012i too and all 100% for me :) Thansk Kszak for his brilliant work on these stunning Linux based builds, will surely be donating more to this very worthwhile cause.

Furthermore, thanks to the article in this forum about making your own remote.conf file usign SSH and the dmesg -c command. The standard remote supplied with this MXQ M12CX box is now functioning perfectly and I have even been able to program the 3 redundant (or duplicated) keys for PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN functions and the @ key to bring up the full power down menu option which I find useful as both Power Down, Suspend and ReBoot all work well with LibreElec 7 and this box. Teh normal red power button still simply switches the box off and back on as normal giving me a useful choice. If anyone wants the remote.conf file for this or for other boxes with this same remote layout then please let me know. I will try and make it available soon in the appropriate place here when I get a moment and/or in my Dropbox for anyone that requests it by PM.

I am a very happy guy now and wish to thank those here who have offered help and come up with suggestions to assist.

Edited once, last by RayW (February 16, 2017 at 6:56 PM).

• I updated this version 012d to the latest Beta with Krypton and everything works flawlessly. The issue I had with audio sync is gone. Boot issues are gone. I can not notice anything wrong, apart from a single issue with the remote.

I suggest that you try updating if you are experiencing issues with this one.

• I just tried Amlogic Burning Tool for the first time.
    That meant firing up my old MacMini running Bootcamp Windows 7.

Ran a Wizard for all the drivers to install and then i followed process.

What is puzzling me is when this box is plugged in with USB to USB port of the MacMini
    it powers up the box into standby red light and is immediately recognised on the USB Burning Tool Screen.

All instructions i have read was to connect USB to USB and use the toothpick recovery method with power supply
    inserted whilst holding reset button to make the box appear.
    I just have the USB Tool open and the box is recognised immediately when i insert USB .
    I chose the image and it errors 7% into the flash with errors.

I always have better luck clicking the start button and then plugging in the usb cable into my computer. The app detects and starts flashing the boot loader, otherwise I get errors.

• Welcome to the real world

Yeah ! Firing up Windows is worse than a Bricked Box.

Try a few times, that happened with me as well. Eventually it was able to flash the firmware.

Thank you for the advice. I tried 3 versions of the Amlogic USB burning tool and persisted with every variable with same result.
    Easily recognises the box immediately upon plugging it in. No Blue Light on box.
    Flashes 7% and errors as in my log.
    The failure starts when the below starts to
    ERASE FLASH-----------
    [21:42:36 094][HUB2-1][Inf]--disk_initial 1
    [21:42:36 094][HUB2-1][Inf]--Send command success
    [21:42:36 219][HUB2-1][Err]--failed:[21:42:36 219][HUB2-1][Err]--Check command return failed
    [21:42:36 234][HUB2-1][Err]--[0x30201004]UBOOT/Disk initialize/Send command/Error result
    [hr]

I always have better luck clicking the start button and then plugging in the usb cable into my computer. The app detects and starts flashing the boot loader, otherwise I get errors.

Tried that. Hit start then plug in the USB. It starts immediately like it's going to happen.
    [hr]
    JonSnow Do you get a Blue Light when you plug in the USB of your box using USB burning tool ??
    I ask because i don't at all.

Edited once, last by kostaman (February 17, 2017 at 1:07 AM).

• Great news I have fixed the problem with the temporary loss of keyboard and remote control when playing back a video or streaming video. I just knew it was going to be something simple and easy and a detailed search in the KODI forum found me the answer. It was simply a matter of disabling the Vertical Sync option in the KODI Settings, or preferably setting it back to the default Let The Driver Decide option. For some strange reason, and clearly a hiccup on my part, this was set to Enabled right from when I first set up LibreElec 7 on my S905X MXQ M12CX box some weeks ago now.

Now everything on this box works brilliantly, and is extremely fast and reliable too, so no complaints whatsoever as htis is as close to perfection as I could have wished for. IMHO this MXQ metal cased M12CX S905X 1G/8G box is truly a winner with LibreElec 7. It is a pretty good price for a box that to me both appears and feels to be a good solid build and quality, and indeed the metal case is of course also a great aid to heat disipation. I had maintained confidence that the problem I had was going to prove to be casued by some small silly error and not by the box hardware itself. Now I have also updated it to 012i too and all 100% for me :) Thansk Kszak for his brilliant work on these stunning Linux based builds, will surely be donating more to this very worthwhile cause.

Furthermore, thanks to the article in this forum about making your own remote.conf file usign SSH and the dmesg -c command. The standard remote supplied with this MXQ M12CX box is now functioning perfectly and I have even been able to program the 3 redundant (or duplicated) keys for PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN functions and the @ key to bring up the full power down menu option which I find useful as both Power Down, Suspend and ReBoot all work well with LibreElec 7 and this box. Teh normal red power button still simply switches the box off and back on as normal giving me a useful choice. If anyone wants the remote.conf file for this or for other boxes with this same remote layout then please let me know. I will try and make it available soon in the appropriate place here when I get a moment and/or in my Dropbox for anyone that requests it by PM.

I am a very happy guy now and wish to thank those here who have offered help and come up with suggestions to assist.

That's great news Ray. Glad you got it figured out.
    There is a remote.conf repository thread. You could post it in there if you wanted.

• after succesfullly installing le on a t95x, ive got another t95x [possible clone] and the wifi isnt recognzied. it must require a different driver. any help on what i should do?

Edited once, last by warrior420 (February 17, 2017 at 5:20 PM).

• Hi all. Help me please with auto refresh rate in Live TV. For example i have channel with 24 Hz. On libreelec 7.0 after auto changing refresh rate it show 50Hz, and sometimes still 60Hz, but not 24Hz. On Libreelec 8.0 is everything ok. If channel in 24Hz, that it changing on 24Hz. With offline video, online video (torrenter addon) it's working fine in both version Libreelec. P.S. sorry for my bad english :)

• Don't worry, I make sure that aarch64 is buildable. I will also add the mem leak fix to my 7.0 branch.

Is the mem leak fix already in 7.0.3.012i ? I looked at git log upto tag 7.0.3.012i but I am not sure if I can spot it.
    Note: myself I never really suffered from the leak. Thanks for your continuous effort!