[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• 7.0.3.012f Internal Install
    gxl_p212_2g.dtb

TX5 Pro with Qualcomm QCA9377

Sorry to report this Update has caused 100% Toggle required to start Wifi.
    Whilst 7.0.3.012e required toggle only 1 out of 5 reboots to hook up.
    Bluetooth works.
    Log:

7.0.3.012g

TX5 Pro S905x with Qualcomm QCA9377

Fixed issues from above "f" Version.

I get Simultaneous Ethernet/Wifi on my Network But i don't get freezes or Hangs doing SpeedTest Check as others with Aigale might get.
    Fing App on my Phone sees box has 2 IP addresses on my network.
    Kodi system info only shows Ethernet IP address when wifi is also connected simultantaneously.
    Don't waste your time on this kszaq because turning off Wifi when using Ethernet is not too hard to remember. ;)
    Bluetooth Works.

• I upgraded from 'e' to 'g' with temp sensor disabled and it's worst for me.
    Almost impossible to get kodi starting :
    VBCL

I tested 7/8 reboots (though ssh) or fast unplug/plug of power cord : kodi not starting.
    I shutdown the box for 5 minutes, plug power cord and ... tada ! it starts !

Another kind of issue : on boot OR reboot, I see the beelink logo, then black screen ... and nothing boots (no libreelec logo). I unplug & replug, it starts ...

It's driving me mad ;)

Is it the 'classic' behavior of the temp sensor issue ?

Edited once, last by Koxx (January 30, 2017 at 7:38 AM).

• Agree with minimoe and sintiniuk this is also
    what keeps me hooked on this development thread as well. Can one of you check if a Dolby Digital Plus file plays (using passthrough) on your box and confirm which build you are using? I might be doing something wrong but would like to be sure...

links to DD+ files below
    ?file=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless-DWEU.mkv&pic=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless.jpg

MEGA

MXV Plus (S905, 1GB, 1Gbit), LE version 012g 32 bit, Yamaha RX-V475
    Both sample files play perfect with DD+. Absolutely no problem. Yamaha detects DD Plus sound correctly and all channels play.
    E-AC3 capable receiver in system/audio settings is ON. And Passthrough setting is ON too, of course...

• Hi kszaq,

I still have Bluetooth problems in my KIII with a bcm4335. At least now it recognizes the bluetooth device, but only see 1 of my bluetooth devices, and cannot connect to it neither.

I described my problem and my solution in this post thread-3588-post-28422.html#pid28422

Maybe you could point me in the correct direction of how to load that firmware file dynamically on boot, or even include it in your distribution.

Anyways, thanks for your work, for me except the bluetooth or the country selection for the 5ghz channels, it is working without problems.

Edited once, last by jmartinez50 (January 30, 2017 at 7:50 PM).

• Hi the update seemed to have fixed the issue with the playback been zoomed on the top left of the picture but after a few hours it seems to have re started. it only does it in playback for addons but not from my iptv service any ideas on a fix would be great. Otherwise it's a brilliant os

• Hi kszaq,

I still have Bluetooth problems in my KIII with a bcm4335. At least now it recognizes the bluetooth device, but only see 1 of my bluetooth devices, and cannot connect to it neither.

I described my problem and my solution in this post thread-3588-post-28422.html#pid28422

Maybe you could point me in the correct direction of how to load that firmware file dynamically on boot, or even include it in your distribution.

Anyways, thanks for your work, for me except the bluetooth or the country selection for the 5ghz channels, it is working without problems.

Please post a result of systemctl status brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service.

• 7.0.3.012g not working:

Code
    [[0;1;32m●[[0m brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service - Broadcom sdio firmware update
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: [[0;1;32mactive (running)[[0m since Thu 2015-01-01 00:00:23 UTC; 2 years 0 months ago
     Main PID: 2782 (hciattach)
       CGroup: /system.slice/brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service
               └─2782 /usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000

Jan 01 00:00:23 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Broadcom sdio firmware update.
    Jan 01 00:00:23 LibreELEC hciattach[2782]: Patch not found for BCM4335A0, continue anyway

7.0.3.11 with bcm4335 firmware changed by me:

Code
    ● brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service
       Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
       Active: inactive (dead)

[hr]
    I'm using the standard device tree for an s905 with 2gb of ram and gigabit ethernet 'gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb'
    [hr]
    7.0.3.012g after I tried:

Code
    cd /lib/firmware
    ln -s bcm4335c0.hcd BCM4335A0.hcd
    Code
    [[0;1;32m●[[0m brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service - Broadcom sdio firmware update
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
       Active: [[0;1;32mactive (running)[[0m since Thu 2015-01-01 00:00:22 UTC; 2 years 1 months ago
     Main PID: 2794 (hciattach)
       CGroup: /system.slice/brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service
               └─2794 /usr/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000

Jan 01 00:00:22 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Broadcom sdio firmware update.

And now I get 'No bluetooth adapter found'.

So, I don't know what patch is BCM4335A0.

Edited once, last by jmartinez50 (January 30, 2017 at 10:48 PM).

• OP updated with 7.0.3.012g build

What changed from 7.0.3.012f:

• more fixes to non-working Broadcom BT
    • added a patch from meijjaa to fix non-working AP6212A BT
    • media_build drivers updated to latest upstream version (2017-01-22)
    • added an udev rule for QCA WiFi to solve non-working WiFi on boot and not break it for others
    • last try of Kodi vq patch amendment

The last point means that if there are still issues with Live TV that are not present in previous 012 series builds, I will give up and revert to stock Kodi Jarvis code.

Thanks for all the awesome work you put out for this project.

I am trying to build from source (mostly to learn) I have been successful with compiling the normal version, but I cannot find how to compile the temp sensor disabled version (which is the one I need), I have tried searching the forum using the local search and by using google with no luck, can you help me with the command? :)

Thanks

• Hey kszaq, what is that ssh command for resetting usb boot settings? The one that speeds things up.
    Thx

To disable booting from SD and USB: fw_setenv upgrade_step 1.

I am trying to build from source (mostly to learn) I have been successful with compiling the normal version, but I cannot find how to compile the temp sensor disabled version (which is the one I need)

Before compiling execute git revert f1b6651.

After some hours testing - massive improvement for me (s905x). On problematic channels vq about 4-7% (15-20% on other channels) and freezes and caching gone. Thanks!

Thank you for testing. I think we have a winner. :D
    [hr]

And now I get 'No bluetooth adapter found'.

So, I don't know what patch is BCM4335A0.

From what you posted it seems that BCM4335A0 can use BCM4335B0 firmware. I will try to add it to my next build.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 31, 2017 at 8:41 AM).

• Hi kszaq

if boot from USB is disabled (running "fw_setenv upgrade_step 1"), is it still possible to boot from USB with a toothpick ? ;)

Yes, this command resets u-boot env variables to default values. If you wish to be able to boot from SD card or USB again, you have to use toothpick first (only once).