[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• There seems to be a lot of MXQ Pro's showing up with more different issues than any other box.

The whole boot freeze issue is not, completely, resolved. It's not only MXQ Pro's that still have issues, I have a MiniMX that occasionally stalls at boot using the disabled build while, on the other hand, I have another MiniMX (same specs) that rarely freezes using the normal build. :huh:

Disabling the Temp sensor has dramatically improved the issue, but not resolved it.

Edited once, last by Poida (January 14, 2017 at 1:06 PM).

• Hi everyone,

I have an Acemax KIII 2gb/16gb, gigabit ethernet and wifi AC with a bcm4335 chip.

I'm also having the problems of there is no bluetooth device.

I have exactly this same problem and same solution:

LibreELEC

And also my android firmware comes with the same file in the same folder that specialK says in that comment, I overwrote it and it works.

Is there a simpler way to override that file or I would have to do the same process of unquashfs/overwrite the file/quashfs for each new firmware update?
    I also tried to copy it in /storage/.config/firmware/ but it doesn't work.

Also, there is a way to change the country region of the Wifi dinamically on each boot? I created the cfg80211.conf file:

Code
    echo "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=US" > /etc/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf

Without luck, I need it to see my 5Ghz wireless, so I manually edited the nvram_bcm4335.txt (I don't remember the exact route, maybe /lib/firmware/brcm/?) and it works.

Everything else is working like a charm for me, I also installed Hyperion using the HyperionConf utility connected by SSH, and I have my ambilight running without problems :P

Thanks!

• kszaq
    I am now testing the 7.90beta1 build. I seem to have lost some functionality with my remote (a few keys which have been working fine, are no longer acknowledged by kodi). Any ideas why?

• I've tried this out on my WeTek Hub. So far the main issue is still there, but it developed some new side effects.

When the box starts it pumps extremely loud buzzing noise into the AV receiver. It's blasting my ears even at low volume.
    This happens every time, not just after the install.

Main issue that I still have is that audio is always delayed by about 0.275s. It was driving me nuts with the 7.1 wrxtasy build and it's the same here.
    Every time I want to watch a movie or a TV show I have to go into audio settings, set the delay to about 0.275 (on some it's much worse) and hope for the best.

Wife has had enough of this, so I've put the trusty old Zotac Zbox (intel atom) back and it's working perfectly.

Am I the only one with these issues with WeTek Hub? I'd like to give the box another chance when LE 8.0 is out, but right now it looks like I'll be getting the new intel nuc when it's out.

• When the box starts it pumps extremely loud buzzing noise into the AV receiver. It's blasting my ears even at low volume.
    This happens every time, not just after the install.

I do not see this with my hub or the generic S905 box I own. I used both with my avr. Audio issues often indicate that the wrong device tree file is used. Did you use the correct dtb with the corresponding version?

What are your System->Audio settings?

Main issue that I still have is that audio is always delayed by about 0.275s. It was driving me nuts with the 7.1 wrxtasy build and it's the same here.
    Every time I want to watch a movie or a TV show I have to go into audio settings, set the delay to about 0.275 (on some it's much worse) and hope for the best.

I do not notice a consistent delay, but my avr has some "lip-sync" functionality that might be interfering. Or maybe I just do not notice it.

Have a look at the kodi log to see if there are any settings applied from a system-wide or user advancedsettings.xml. If I remember correctly, there were some audio delays hardcoded before. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, if you see a consistent audio delay for all files with a specific codec, you can fix it permanently by adjusting it with the onscreen gui during playback and choose "save as default". Alternativly you could create a user advancedsettings.xml with adjustments.

• Where can I find a dummy.zip?

Never tried this myself, found this at freaktabs

Copy a "dummy" Update.zip to root of sd card. I just use an empty .zip named Update. And the go into Update & Backup, Local Update, Select, and browse to the Update.zip on your sd. Then update. It should reboot

• Where can I find a dummy.zip?

Create a new file, (dummy.txt for example). No need to write anything to it, just rename it 'dummy.zip', and copy it to your SD/USB - done! ;)

You can call it anything you want.zip, I just use dummy zip to save confusion since update.zip is a commonly used, valid source file

Edited once, last by Poida (January 14, 2017 at 6:39 PM).

• I frequently have kodi restart.

In dmesg :

I am running openvpn + other stuff, but I don't think it has an impact.
    Any idea where does this issue come from ?

Config :
    - MiniMX III
    - LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012c.img.gz
    - gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

Edited once, last by Koxx (January 15, 2017 at 3:18 PM).

• Hello All,

Quick apologies if I'm doing any of this out of order, definitely a noob to this scene by all means. I've spent most of my morning so far going through this form and trying a few different google searches but couldn't find anyone with the same problem. I have an ENY Technology MXQ Pro S905X box that I successfully got to load from usb using the 7.0.3.012c build using the default dtb from the .gz file last night. I installed all of my addons and repos. Powered down and powered back up a few times to look for hang ups and everything went great. But after getting up this morning and turning it back on everything was back to being like I did a fresh install of LE, it resized a couple of times before booting and none of my addons were installed. I figured for the mean time I could just use the suspend feature but would eventually like to install to internal if this can be solved. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Any extra information I can think of:
    Installed using update method with dummy.zip
    Using 16GB usb created with rufus
    Was unable to do the toothpick method which is why I used the update method
    USB is in USB-3

If there's any other information that you need I'd be happy to grab it for you but may need explanations on how to get it. Thanks again.

• I frequently have kodi restart.

In dmesg :

I am running openvpn + other stuff, but I don't think it has an impact.
    Any idea where does this issue come from ?

Config :
    - MiniMX III
    - LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012c.img.gz
    - gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

I also have Beelink MiniMXIII with version 12c, but I can never get the device tree that you are using to connect to wifi, so I use the Realtek one which seems to work

• @bubblegum57

it's weird ... I tried many many dtb, but like you I am not sure I am using the right one :(

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb : kodi often crash, wifi ok, ethernet ok, some boot issue.
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb : kodi often crash, wifi ????, ethernet ok, some boot issue.
    gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb : no crash on kodi, wifi OK, ethernet ok, NO boot issue, NO sound.

I opened my MiniMX III, and I can see those components :
    # realtek 87238s
    # realtek 8211F

I don't know which one is really the good one :(

• @bubblegum57

it's weird ... I tried many many dtb, but like you I am not sure I am using the right one :(

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb : kodi often crash, wifi ok, ethernet ok, some boot issue.
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb : kodi often crash, wifi ????, ethernet ok, some boot issue.
    gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb : no crash on kodi, wifi OK, ethernet ok, NO boot issue, NO sound.

I opened my MiniMX III, and I can see those components :
    # realtek 87238s
    # realtek 8211F

I don't know which one is really the good one :(

I have been using this gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi for some time, not sure of which version I started using it.

I am using the 12c without temp sensor. I haven't rebooted very much yet. But it might be worth trying.

• ok, thanks.
    right now, I am trying this one :
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb : kodi ?, wifi ok, ethernet ok, reboot ok, power off ok

I'll let you know if kodi still crash ;)

one thing I don't understand is where does those DTB files come from ?
    are they recompiled ?
    I tried to extract the DTB from my firmware, and it doesn't work at all.
    I followed this tutorial :
    How to Extract a Device Tree File from Android Firmware Files
    [hr]
    I think I understand now :
    LibreELEC

they are recompiled to support kernel updates !!

Edited once, last by Koxx (January 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM).

• Did you catch the following info on the OP.
    If you update from 64-bit to 32-bit build your device tree may not update automatically even if you put it in Update folder! You have to replace it manually or perform update process for the second time - i.e. once again put 32-bit build and device tree in Update folder and reboot.

Just trying to to fill in the missing link in the failure you are having.

Hi Kostaman, thanks for thinking together with me. I'm using a clean install on a sd-card, not an update. When I do a clean install of any release newer than 7.02.005 it will not boot up. I've tried every dtb.img file out there. Only way to boot up is using the dtb.img file from an older release (I think its from 7.02.005) and then it will boot and everything works except the sound issue. I know the dtb.img from older releases is not compatible with the new releases, but thats the only way so far for me I managed to boot up with newer builds.

I have a KIII device with 2GB Ram and 16GB Storage, 1Gbit ethernet and 2.4ghz/5ghz Wifi.
    [hr]

Hi jmartinez, I think I have the same device as yours. Which dtb.img file are you using? Because I didnt manage to get any of them to work for my device with the newer builds. Could you please share your dtb.img file with me? Thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by Merziyas (January 15, 2017 at 9:29 PM).

• I've tried every dtb.img file out there.

So this means you tried the s905/7.0.3.012/device_trees/????

gxbb_p200_2G_m8s+_k3_pro.dtb

With http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/7.0.3.012...led.img.gz
    [hr]

For my KIII I'm using the standard one for an s905 with 2gb of ram and gigabit ethernet 'gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

Is there a reason you didn't use the K3 device tree ?
    Or did it fail. ?

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 16, 2017 at 10:21 AM).