[7.0.3.012l] LibreELEC 7.0 for S905/S905X

• I don't think we really need 64bit but, on the other hand, maybe one day some LE or addon code may conditionally want to use 64bit if available and perhaps result in better performance for some task that can effectively use 64bit. if nobody makes sure 64bit continues to build, that would be a pity. Also, the high end TV boxes have enough resources to run 64bit. And, somehow, one may believe 64bit software on 64bit hardware is cool :-). Myself I have built (and run) 64bit upto 7.0.3.12g (skipped h) and I would like to be able to continue to do so.

Don't worry, I make sure that aarch64 is buildable. I will also add the mem leak fix to my 7.0 branch.

• Don't worry, I make sure that aarch64 is buildable. I will also add the mem leak fix to my 7.0 branch.

That is good news! For myself the 64bit version has much more fluent GUI when running from SD, but noone else mentioned that so maybe that is only on my box. Thanks anyway! :)

• I think the vq patchwork at some point added a lot of delay but with the 012h build fixed it, for me it's only 175ms delay on 24p content as well now :).

OK I tried fresh install of 12h. It's 0.425ms delay for me with two different device trees:gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb 24-Jan-2017 16:40 38576
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb Anyway...the same (OTG) when used in Krypton means only 0.175ms delay on my device (Minix U1) with Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar.

• I can't seem to install this. I've tried all the suggested methods in the OP with both a USB and sdcard. When I hold the reset button it just shows the S905X boot logo (as it does usually) but then hangs there. 'reboot update' in a terminal emulator does the same. 'reboot recovery' boots into a recovery menu but then I can't do anything from there. There's an option to install from sdcard but it won't mount it. Any ideas?

Edited once, last by treeno (February 7, 2017 at 9:30 PM).

• This is great.
    I just received the USB 1gbps Ethernet adapter, as the built in 100M on S905X boxes just doesn't cut it for high bitrate 4K and HDR content.
    It doesn't work in Android, but LE picked it up without a hitch. Getting good enough speeds for 4K and HDR content (about 120-130mbps from NFS shares), and so there's no more buffering.
    In case anyone is wondering, this is the adapter I bought. I'm not sure if the other 'kind' of ebay cheapies will do the job or not.
    USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit RJ45 Ethernet LAN Wired Network Card Adapter | eBay

• I can't seem to install this. I've tried all the suggested methods in the OP with both a USB and sdcard. When I hold the reset button it just shows the S905X boot logo (as it does usually) but then hangs there. 'reboot update' in a terminal emulator does the same. 'reboot recovery' boots into a recovery menu but then I can't do anything from there. There's an option to install from sdcard but it won't mount it. Any ideas?

Your Box is ?
    1 or 2gb ram ?
    Ethernet 100 or 1000 speed.
    Device tree you used ??
    You burnt the image to SD Card ?????

• My Minix Neo U1 works well with kszaq's builds, recently with beta5b, temp. sensor enabled and intalled on SD card.
    Headphone output and microphone input doesn't works.

Edited once, last by blakey (February 8, 2017 at 8:30 AM).

• If I'll send a unit can it improve the situation?

First of all try running LE from SD card on that box. You may need to unlock the bootloader first. When choosing device tree, simply delete dtb.img from SD card with LE and do not download any other device tree.

• Your Box is ?
    1 or 2gb ram ?
    Ethernet 100 or 1000 speed.
    Device tree you used ??
    You burnt the image to SD Card ?????

Resolved. For anyone else with the same issue, I resolved this by burning to SD card using the LE USB-SD Creator, inserting into my box and then running 'reboot update' in a terminal emulator app. I didn't replace the device tree from the standard image.

• OK I tried fresh install of 12h. It's 0.425ms delay for me with two different device trees:gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb 24-Jan-2017 16:40 38576
    gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb Anyway...the same (OTG) when used in Krypton means only 0.175ms delay on my device (Minix U1) with Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar.

Hmm yes it seems to fluctuate a bit depending on content, pcm VS passthrough, with / without matching refresh rate and the TV and receiver used.