Posts by treeno

Hi!

Firstly, thanks for your work on this distribution. It generally runs amazing on my RPi4.

I'm experiencing regular crashes on an RPi4 running 11.0.3. It was running fine previously but this issue has appeared over the last week or two.

No issues during playback, but pretty much every time I leave the device alone (shut off receiver and TV) then come back to it (normally the next day), I find it on the Libreelec boot screen just stuck there. I have to unplug and replug power cable, after which it boots again fine.

Crash log is here

Looks like the times shown in the log are after the reboot so not sure if this will be helpful. Please let me know if anything else is required.

Cheers!

Not sure if this is an issue with this build or just Kodi but my box is freezing when I attempt to play things through the TV shows or Movies menus. It works fine when playing through the Videos menu and actually navigating to the file. I'm using CIFS system mounts (/storage/.config/system.d) rather than the Kodi SMB implementation as I get buffering with that. Only way to get it back is to pull the power. Any ideas? I've tried deleting the sources and adding them again.

I am not sure if these apply to Bluetooth keyboards, but have you tried going to Settings > LibreELEC and changing the settings under Keyboard in the System tab?

I played around with advancedsettings.xml extensively and wasn't able to solve the buffering issues at all. I then stumbled across a thread that suggested using system mounts rather than what Kodi uses (which I think is libsmb). This has fixed the problem! No buffering at all.

To set this up, SSH into your box and make a copy of /storage/.config/system.d/cifs.mount.sample (in the same directory) and then follow the instructions contained within it.

Hi all,

I've got an S905X box (this one) which I've installed LE 7.95.beta6 on. Loving it so far. Having an issue though with playback of high bitrate videos. Well, I say high - anything over about 10Mbps results in buffering. I'm connected over ethernet. Things I've tried:

• Tested the network transfer rate by writing a file from my computer (used as the content source - it's running Windows 10) to /dev/null. This gave me ~12MB/s, exactly what I'd expect from 100Mb LAN, which should be plenty right?
    • Altered the cache settings in advancedsettings.xml which you can see in the log, but the problem persists. I didn't want to go any higher on the memorysize as this box only has 1GB of RAM. However, memory usage doesn't seem to be going above ~400MB regardless of what I set this to. Is it actually having any effect?

Log is here:

Hope I haven't missed anything out... Thanks for your help!

I can't seem to install this. I've tried all the suggested methods in the OP with both a USB and sdcard. When I hold the reset button it just shows the S905X boot logo (as it does usually) but then hangs there. 'reboot update' in a terminal emulator does the same. 'reboot recovery' boots into a recovery menu but then I can't do anything from there. There's an option to install from sdcard but it won't mount it. Any ideas?