High bitrate files buffering

• Hi all,

I've got an S905X box (this one) which I've installed LE 7.95.beta6 on. Loving it so far. Having an issue though with playback of high bitrate videos. Well, I say high - anything over about 10Mbps results in buffering. I'm connected over ethernet. Things I've tried:

• Tested the network transfer rate by writing a file from my computer (used as the content source - it's running Windows 10) to /dev/null. This gave me ~12MB/s, exactly what I'd expect from 100Mb LAN, which should be plenty right?
    • Altered the cache settings in advancedsettings.xml which you can see in the log, but the problem persists. I didn't want to go any higher on the memorysize as this box only has 1GB of RAM. However, memory usage doesn't seem to be going above ~400MB regardless of what I set this to. Is it actually having any effect?

Log is here:

Hope I haven't missed anything out... Thanks for your help!

Edited once, last by treeno (February 14, 2017 at 3:41 PM).

• I've resolved this problem by using system mounts instead of Kodi's default method. I now have flawless playback. See /storage/.config/system.d/cifs.mount.sample for an example with instructions.