[S905/S905X] LE 7.0.x Boot issue test images

• The only way to update u-boot I can recommend is to install the latest Android firmware from manufacturer. I haven't tried and I don't recommend flashing u-boot from a different device.

S905 devices without freezes are WeTek Hub, WeTek Play2 and Odroid-C2. All my non-branded S905 devices "died" in one or another way, I can't check.

Also S905X devices are affected?

My V88 Pro with S905x comes with android 6 firmware (S905 usualy have 5.1) and is working fine. I don't know if the issue is related with the android version.

• No, beacuse S905X doesn't need (and thus doesn't use) SARADC driver.

Hey kszaq simce we know the issue only occurs on S905. Could it be the different revisions of S905 ie rev 020b or 020c?

All my devices are 020b. Maybe the Wetek Hub, Wetek Play2 and Odroid C2 use 020c?

• Hey kszaq simce we know the issue only occurs on S905. Could it be the different revisions of S905 ie rev 020b or 020c?

All my devices are 020b. Maybe the Wetek Hub, Wetek Play2 and Odroid C2 use 020c?

I have mini MX 020b and 020c.
    Both freeze.
    when we can flash correct or repaired u-boot, or kszaq make release for S905 then all S905 will working properly
    [hr]

The only way to update u-boot I can recommend is to install the latest Android firmware from manufacturer. I haven't tried and I don't recommend flashing u-boot from a different device.

S905 devices without freezes are WeTek Hub, WeTek Play2 and Odroid-C2. All my non-branded S905 devices "died" in one or another way, I can't check.

Sadly I had the latest android fw (107l1) on mini MX.
    possible repair (patch) the existing u-boot?

Edited once, last by envagyok (January 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM).

• The only way to update u-boot I can recommend is to install the latest Android firmware from manufacturer. I haven't tried and I don't recommend flashing u-boot from a different device.

@kszaq.......I would be happy to donate to you a new Nexbox A95X S905 for you to play with if it helps resolve the freezing on boot issue. PVT me if I can help. Cheers.

• githash gcb8de5f

With this version all seems ok (Only transmission service won't start) but my question is: how i can revert to stock kernel? Regards and tnx

• Well my Minix box runs great WHEN it boots, but booting can sometimes be 10m+ ordeal so I've been leaving my box on.

Flashed gcb8de5f to internal, 10 boots in a row. I've NEVER gotten 2 boots in a row. It's always resulted in my having to pull power, HDMI, pray to the gods, sacrifice a chicken and maybe get a 2nd boot.

So this fix rocks. Now we need a Kodi 17 RC1 build . lol.

• As earlier said, I have a Nexbox MXQ 4K Pro (S905, 1 GB/8 GB, 100 MB) with 008 on SD card.

Which shall I use for a test to upgrade 008 on the SD card: gcb8de5f or g3b038ea?

• No, beacuse S905X doesn't need (and thus doesn't use) SARADC driver.

Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X) is affected by this

We are all aware that this issue is not restricted to S905, aren't we?
    The Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X) is also affected.

The Beelink now hangs on a black screen, immediately after the boot screen has gone off

Arghh! Beelink now getting stuck at boot logo again

Edited once, last by Poida (January 5, 2017 at 11:50 PM).

• Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905X) is affected by this

Beelink is now challenging Nexbox as the number #1 contender for Stay Away Product.

That Beelink Mini MXIII II s905x is not even listed on their official website under products.

• Beelink is now challenging Nexbox as the number #1 contender for Stay Away Product.

That Beelink Mini MXIII II s905x is not even listed on their official website under products.

kostaman. Tell me about it! I've spent days trying to track down stock FW (any version) and, whilst I have located 105L1, 106L1 and 107L1 none install on the Beelink. Even 104M0, and 106M0 from the 4pda.ru site fail to install :dodgy:

TWRP for S905X does run on this but only shows Boot, System & Data partitions (so no real backup solution found for it yet either) :(

UPDATE: I did manage to 'persuade' 104M0 FW to install and so, do have a backup.

Edited once, last by Poida (January 6, 2017 at 3:55 AM).

• I received my Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905x, 2G/16G Beelink label and Beelink boot logo) last Thursday and never had any boot issues on this box. I'm not running kszaq's Jarvis build 7.0.3.11 on this box but kszaq's Krypton build LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20161223194610-r25062-g308adcf.img.gz which share the same kernel. Processor temperature reading is always normal. The only problem I have with this build is pixel shifting that makes subtitles unreadable. Android firmware version on my box is 108M0. Processor revision is 020a.

I had another box Mini M8S II (S905x, 2G/8G) bought 5 months ago and running the same build, also no boot issues. The same build could rarely boot on my M18 or MX64 (both S905, Android firmware version 106L1).

• I received my Beelink Mini MXIII II (S905x, 2G/16G Beelink label and Beelink boot logo) last Thursday and never had any boot issues on this box. I'm not running kszaq's Jarvis build 7.0.3.11 on this box

Can you possibly test run 7.0.3.11 on this box LE SD Card and see what happens.
    Might want to report the Android Firmware Version on your box as well.

• Can you possibly test run 7.0.3.11 on this box LE SD Card and see what happens.
    Might want to report the Android Firmware Version on your box as well.

Tested kszaq Jarvis build 7.0.3.11 on Beelink MXIII II, no boot issues for 5 consecutive reboots. Android firmware version, as said in my previous post, is 108M0. I can't find any websites to download this image, only found 104M0 (zip) and 106M0 (img).

EDIT: Fresh mSD card installation, prepared the image by rufus and used device tree gxl_p212_2g.dtb and remote.conf file for M18 (I shared the remote control with Mini M8S II).

Edited once, last by wkchick (January 6, 2017 at 2:19 AM).

• Android firmware version on my box is 108M0. Processor revision is 020a.

Apologies.
    [hr]

Tested kszaq Jarvis build 7.0.3.11 on Beelink MXIII II, no boot issues for 5 consecutive reboots. Android firmware version, as said in my previous post, is 108M0. I can't find any websites to download this image, only found 104M0 (zip) and 106M0 (img).

That is Good news for Beelink MiniMX iii ii s905x boxes. Now to find the Firmware ?

Edited once, last by kostaman (January 6, 2017 at 3:21 AM).