RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• 20170305:

Code
    - Samba 4.5.5
    - Xorg 1.19.2
    - Other updated packages: dosbox-sdl2, retroarch, retroarch-assets, dolphin, mesa, vulkan-loader, SDL_sound

Really appreciate the update Escalade, your new version fixes my problem :)

Thanks so much.

• Just updated to LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0-devel-20170305 and now there are problems with connecting to network shares and CEC. When I am able to connect to network shares my files are listed in TB and PB sizes (not correct) and the files are not viewable.
    I had a similar issue with accessing network shares and CEC on my Odroid C2 with the latest official release (LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0.0.img.gz) so I wonder if this is a problem with the sources.

The problem is not apparent on my RPi2 using the latest LibreElec Testbuilds (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.0-Milhouse-20170304233937-%230304-gb6b7064.tar found here LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0))

• I did remove "allocation roundup size = 0" from the default smb.conf, as I didn't think it would be necessary with the new version. You could copy /etc/samba/smb.conf to /storage/.config/samba.conf, then edit and add that back to get the old behavior (then reboot). As for files not being viewable, that sounds weird to me. Shares work as they should here and I can view files.

There aren't any changes related to CEC or Kodi compared to my previous build, so if you are having the same issues with the official release that's where you should report it.

• I did remove "allocation roundup size = 0" from the default smb.conf, as I didn't think it would be necessary with the new version. You could copy /etc/samba/smb.conf to /storage/.config/samba.conf, then edit and add that back to get the old behavior (then reboot). As for files not being viewable, that sounds weird to me. Shares work as they should here and I can view files.

There aren't any changes related to CEC or Kodi compared to my previous build, so if you are having the same issues with the official release that's where you should report it.

Hey escalade,

I´ve just registrated just to say thanks to you! really a great build that combines kodi and ES, until this point I had to switch between two sd cards :)
    however, I also have problems using the smb server, in my case however it doesn´t even show up in in the win10 network browser...

p.s.: using win 10, and rpi2

• Can you access it by going to \\libreelec or the IP address? You can always roll back to the previous build if you believe the new samba version to be the problem.

• Can you access it by going to \\libreelec or the IP address? You can always roll back to the previous build if you believe the new samba version to be the problem.

no I can´t unfortunately. I haven´t tried a previous build, do you think that the samba version could be the problem ?

also noobs question: where are roms stored?

I have tried /roms for the roms and /roms/bios for the bios but I didn´t work, any advice?

Edited once, last by thepiet92 (March 6, 2017 at 5:20 PM).

• Just upgraded my LE 8.0 to this extended build.

As of now, i'm delighted with Chromium playing videos without tearing... :D

Chromium menu entry does not launch the application ?
    I can however start it from my favorites..

Game emulator start but says no game system installed. Only Quit option is available..

I tough emulators where included with this system image ?

I will have to dig deeper... didn't have more time at that moment. :P

thanks!

• You have to put game roms in the rom folders. When you do those systems will show up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Hi, thanks for this great extended version, I have a question?
    Will the Mayflash dolphin bar may work? and Wiimote support under kodi and emus?

And finally a feature request only for x86... stepmania with its entry in emulation station

• Had issues with the latest samba / my config. But as you had already advised I used the smb.conf and created a new samba.conf in .config with my own links. Thanks for keeping this the best build ever.
    Lefty
    On a side not any ideas why dolphin loads up the gui when loading an image? If i alt tab I get the game. Is it a dolphin setting?

• Had issues with the latest samba / my config. But as you had already advised I used the smb.conf and created a new samba.conf in .config with my own links. Thanks for keeping this the best build ever.
    Lefty
    On a side not any ideas why dolphin loads up the gui when loading an image? If i alt tab I get the game. Is it a dolphin setting?

I'm getting the same behavior with dolphin.

• I've noticed the same. If you delete /storage/.config/dolphin-emu, it'll start up with the game window focused. Seems to be a bug in Dolphin that it doesn't focus the GL window. Or perhaps a fluxbox bug, hard to say.

• I've noticed the same. If you delete /storage/.config/dolphin-emu, it'll start up with the game window focused. Seems to be a bug in Dolphin that it doesn't focus the GL window. Or perhaps a fluxbox bug, hard to say.

What other settings does that wipe out in the process?

ETA: When I was trying to do something similar to this project with another distro I had good luck with open box... Something to consider perhaps

Edited once, last by jctennis (March 7, 2017 at 2:44 PM).

• Emulationstation appears not to be writing the input remappings to "~/.config/retroarch/remappings", neither are there any autoconfig files being generated.

The es_logs file suggest that there are problems parsing the input config. any idea how to resolve this?
    Is it possible to reset the configuration options? or is it best try re-installing emulationstation?

es_logs: lvl2: EmulationStation - v2.0.1a, built Jan 25 2017 - 00:45:37
    lvl2: Creating surface...
    lvl2: Created window successfully.
    lvl0: Error parsing input config: Start-end tags mismatch
    lvl2: Added unconfigured joystick USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad (GUID: 03000000830500006020000010010000, instance ID: 0, device index: 0).
    lvl2: Added unconfigured joystick USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad (GUID: 03000000830500006020000010010000, instance ID: 1, device index: 1).
    lvl2: Added unconfigured joystick USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad (GUID: 03000000830500006020000010010000, instance ID: 2, device index: 2).
    lvl2: Added unconfigured joystick USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad (GUID: 03000000830500006020000010010000, instance ID: 3, device index: 3).
    lvl2: Checking available OpenGL extensions...
    lvl2: ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: ok
    lvl2: Loading system config file /storage/.config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg...
    lvl1: System "amiga" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "c64" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: Unknown platform for system "fba" (platform "fba" from list "fba")
    lvl1: System "nes" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "n64" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "psx" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "psp" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "gba" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "saturn" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "dreamcast" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "nds" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "wii" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl1: System "wonderswan" has no games! Ignoring it.
    lvl2: Configuring device 0 (USB,2-axis 8-button gamepad ).
    lvl2: Mapping [Axis 1-] -> Up
    lvl2: Mapping [Axis 1+] -> Down
    lvl2: Mapping [Axis 0-] -> Left
    lvl2: Mapping [Axis 0+] -> Right
    lvl2: Mapping [Button 7] -> Start
    lvl2: Mapping [Button 6] -> Select
    lvl2: Mapping [Button 0] -> A
    lvl2: Mapping [Button 1] -> B
    lvl2: Mapping [Button 2] -> X
    lvl2: Mapping [Button 3] -> Y
    lvl2: Mapping [Button 4] -> LeftBottom
    lvl2: Mapping [Button 5] -> RightBottom

• You have to put game roms in the rom folders. When you do those systems will show up.

Already put many arcade roms (used with MAME on Windows many years ago) under /storage/roms.
    The files are ".ZIP", do i need to unzip ?
    Is there a specific filename format ?
    Under roms directory, do i need to have subdir like /storage/roms/mame/ ?
    If such subdir isn't required, will the emulationstation check recursively under directories found under roms ?

Thanks!