RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• You may have enabled the option to mute UI sounds during playback. Try to turn it off and see.

Play GUI sounds is set to "Only when playback stopped". When I set it to always, it broke the audio in ES and RA. Weird. I tried it again, audio remained working in ES and RA, both. I think I will say this is just some sort of gremlin. It has been working fine today. I haven't made any changes compared to yesterday. As long as it works, I'm happy.

• I am testing this on another PC. I have audio in Kodi. No audio in ES or RA. I have my asound.conf file set as follows. When I do "aplay -L" I have Nvidia as either DEV=0 or 1. I have tried it both ways. Audio is fine through the headphone jack. The graphics card is a pcie based card. Not onboard. Dell OptiPlex 380. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. I enabled and disabled Passthrough audio in Kodi with no luck. Kodi shows the Audio output device as " ALSA:HDA NVidia, SPT E245BV-FHDR on HDMI". I don't know if this helps or not. That is the model of my test HDTV.

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm {
    @func getenv
    vars [ ALSAPCM ]
    # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
    default "hdmi:CARD=Nvidia,DEV=0"
    }
    }

• 20170216:

Code
    - rebased on latest le8
    - kodi updated to latest krypton
    - mesa updated to latest git
    - xf86-video-nvidia updated to 378.13
    - linux updated to 4.10-rc8
    - retroarch updated to latest git

Awesome. Just awesome. Thanks so much for sharing this build with all of us.

• 20170216:

Code
    - rebased on latest le8
    - kodi updated to latest krypton
    - mesa updated to latest git
    - xf86-video-nvidia updated to 378.13
    - linux updated to 4.10-rc8
    - retroarch updated to latest git

Just a quick question, would it be possible to autostart into emulation station if focus is on retro gaming rather than HTPC function?

• Feature Request: Moonlight - An open source NVIDIA GameStream client

Moonlight Game Streaming
    Turn a Raspberry Pi into a Steam Machine with Moonlight

yet another amazing project for the Raspberry Pi - this will fill in the gap where the Raspberry Pi isn't powerful enough to emulate

edit: There is an addon for Moonlight (going to test it)
    If this works well then it would be nice to be able to call Moonlight directly up from the main menu list. (wish that list was editable in an easier way)

Edited once, last by thegooddoctor (February 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM).

• Hi. Any chance you would consider moving the apps like Sonarr etc. to a folder under /storage so they can be updated? I put my extra apps in /storage/.apps/
    Otherwise the /opt/ folder is read only and apps cannot be upgraded.

Also, could you add NZBget instead of SabNZBd? It is much better.

• FalconX

Try this in SSH:

Code
    # spotify http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/spotify-client_1.0.49.125.g72ee7853-83_amd64.deb

After the initial download it should run fine from the menu shortcut.

Bobblebitz

Development on Sonarr is slow, it doesn't need to be updated very often. I disagree on NZBget being any better, SABnzbd has a lot more features and is more mature. You can always package nzbget yourself as an addon if you prefer that.

• Feature Request: Intellivision Emulator - jzIntv

Been having alot of fun adding other game systems to this build. This one's got me stuck.
    Manually added the linux files to the /tmp/cores folder.
    Tried to run the jzIntv binary and I get an error message - libSDL-1.2.so.0 cannot open no such file
    It seems that this library is missing and I cannot seem to add it as the OS is read only.

Any suggestions on how to or if you can add it next build.
    @ escalade thanks again for the work you're doing! :)

• It's such a rare computer and nothing I'm interested in myself, so unfortunately I won't be adding it.

You can install libraries anywhere in the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and the lib directory of any addon will automatically be added to it. If you'd like to cross compile SDL, it's already packaged in my tree and there should be enough information if you search for it on how to get a build going. Other than that you could copy it over from another distro.

The entire LibreELEC OS is contained in a single squashfs (/flash/SYSTEM) made during build time, which is then copied to RAM and mounted read-only. Normally addons are installed under /storage.

• FalconX

Try this in SSH:

Code
    # spotify http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/spotify-client_1.0.49.125.g72ee7853-83_amd64.deb

After the initial download it should run fine from the menu shortcut.

Thanx. Works.

I just know don't know, how to close Spotify. I've tried several keys on my keyboard and Harmony 700

• Thanx. Works.

I just know don't know, how to close Spotify. I've tried several keys on my keyboard and Harmony 700

Also had issues with this, would like the Spotimc GUI instead as it's hard/impossible to navigate with a remote. Had to use a mouse to shut it down.