Posts by Pauly01

I was using this for a while just fine. Now, when I check for the updates I only get a blank box. I tried adding the address again and I also get 'Invalid URL" as others have. Would you be gracious enough to let us know if the address changed or if the .php filename changed. I'd like to have this one working. I currently switched to the other members version though.

I am testing this on another PC. I have audio in Kodi. No audio in ES or RA. I have my asound.conf file set as follows. When I do "aplay -L" I have Nvidia as either DEV=0 or 1. I have tried it both ways. Audio is fine through the headphone jack. The graphics card is a pcie based card. Not onboard. Dell OptiPlex 380. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. I enabled and disabled Passthrough audio in Kodi with no luck. Kodi shows the Audio output device as " ALSA:HDA NVidia, SPT E245BV-FHDR on HDMI". I don't know if this helps or not. That is the model of my test HDTV.

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm {
    @func getenv
    vars [ ALSAPCM ]
    # Device name can be found using the command 'aplay -L'
    default "hdmi:CARD=Nvidia,DEV=0"
    }
    }

You may have enabled the option to mute UI sounds during playback. Try to turn it off and see.

Play GUI sounds is set to "Only when playback stopped". When I set it to always, it broke the audio in ES and RA. Weird. I tried it again, audio remained working in ES and RA, both. I think I will say this is just some sort of gremlin. It has been working fine today. I haven't made any changes compared to yesterday. As long as it works, I'm happy.

confix.txt and SD card only on Raspberry Builds not on Zotac x86 Device. I also use Zotac Nano ID62 for the build and everything is great! Use the generic build X86

I left the Nano turned off last night. I turned it on this morning and all sounds are working. Sometimes I get the GUI sounds in Kodi and sometimes I don't. I don't know why the audio works or doesn't work after each boot.

I have another issue/question. I managed to edit the asound.conf file to get audio working in ES. Then, I had to edit retroarch.cfg to get audio working in the roms as well. When I reboot my Zbox Nano, the audio is lost again. If I open those 2 files and save again without making any changes, the audio returns. I read all over the place about editing the config.txt file for boot. I do not know where this is. I have LE installed directly on an internal hard drive. Not on an SD card. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You must edit the es_system.conf
    \\LIBREELEC\Configfiles\emulationstation\es_system.cnf

In windows go to network and search for the libreelec share
    Then configfiles emulationstation
    The file must be there just open it with wordpad

You are the man!!! much appreciated. in the line <path>>/storage/roms/YOURROMDIR</path>, you accidentally typed 2 ">". Once I caught it and removed the extra character, it worked perfectly. I did change "YOURROMDIR" to the appropriate name. I am so happy to have TG16 working in here now.

If I can get info on how to add the Emulator Home Menu option in another custom build, that would be great.
    [hr]
    I completely missed a comment by dekani on the first page who showed how to add the menu option.

Code:
    XBMC.System.Exec(/usr/bin/emulationstation.sh)

In the Vibe build (Xonfluence skin), I went into skin settings to the home menu options. I selected "Library" which I wanted to replace. In the pop up window, I chose "Kodi Command". The first text entry window, I typed the above command. In the second text window, I replaced the text "Kodi Command" with "Emulators". I went back to the Home Menu and it works great.

I just never knew what the Kodi command was or the path to emulationstation.sh.

Thanks dekani. That was a great help. I love this community.

Thanks Waspoeder for giving me the info to copy/paste to get my TG16 to show up.

Thanks for the great info. This may sound dumb, but how do I get in there to edit it? I am a noob with LibreElec/Linux. My experience is with Windows and Mac. Thanks.

Thank you for the work you have done on this. I am really enjoying ES inside Kodi. I just have 2 questions.

1. I added my roms. Except I don't see a folder for TurboGrafx-16/pcengine. I created a folder and copied the roms over. How can I get it to show up in ES? Retroarch plays it fine from it's own menu.

2. I like to use the Vibe Krypton build from the ECHO developer. Installing that build loses the Emulators option. How can I add it into the Xonfluence skin for Vibe? Is there possibly an addon I can install to create a home menu option?

My system is a Zbox nano AD12. Dual core AMD CPU.

Thank you in advance. Much appreciated. Great job over all.