Posts by crimedogg25

Escalade, is there any way for you to compile the Moonlight Chrome Extension into the build? It won't install by conventional methods, so I figure there are dependencies that I'm unaware of. I've been trying to figure out a way to cram Moonlight into Libreelec HTPC for months via various of alternate builds and other products, but I keep coming back to the Extended Build. The Kodi Moonlight Addon has been broken for a while and I understand it is not your focus, but thanks for any consideration you give it. Is there a Patreon for this project?

LE8 is awesome, thanks for your time recreating this release.
    I have a couple questions/issues

With emulation station can i remap buttons for the gui, say like a hotkey to quit back to kodi?
    Issues
    1# When starting Wiii games about 25% of the time it boots to the main screen of dolphin and no game is loaded.
    2# The scraper does not save anything after quitting back to kodi.

Also can i update to Kodi 18 or do i need to wait for a new release.

Cheers

For #2, you need to remove a line from you es config files. It's in escalades original post:

"Gamelists are disabled, if you want to use scraping edit /storage/.config/emulationstation/emulationstation.conf and remove --ignore-gamelist from the arguments. Out of the box it will look for roms in /storage/roms. BIOS files are under /storage/roms/bios. Configured input controllers are DS3/DS4 (bluetooth) and keyboard."

After much frustration I must ask a few newbie questions:

1. How do you make the game lists display different metadata and cover themes? I don't mind the vanilla list, but I can't seem to figure out how to work with themes. Most information I have read pertains to Windows installs of EmulationStation.

2. Currently, to play scummvm games, I start Retroarch via a system on my list, load up the scumm core, and then my classic game via the content option. The EmulationStation website says that a scummvm game list can be populated with .sh files just the same as I can list my Genesis rom zips. What do these scummvm specific .sh scripts say?

3. Any tips for viewing a remote desktop via Libreelec? I use an unRAID server to host a Windows 7 gaming VM (headless, nVidia 970 streams to household clients via Steam or Lime/Moonlight) and a Libreelec VM (with nVidia 730) passed through to my living room TV. I often find myself needing to manipulate something on the Windows VM so that I tweak a game or install something new. I have no idea how to containerize programs, but Docker + Linux version Splashtop/Teamviewer = Profit or are there better options?

I wanted to thank Escalade and the rest of the community here. Incredible project that makes newbies like me look great. I owe you all a beer or suitable adult beverage.

I managed to add most of my collection and it looks great and plays pretty good on a Lenovo Flex 2 with a 'Celeron' cpu (barely could run Windows). I do have some newbie questions about touchscreen support, metadata, themes, and scummvm. Someone patient, would you kindly PM me?

Regards,

Crimedogg25
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have about a months worth of Linux experience, most of that from unRAID. Forgive me, I am a newbie!