RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Performance seemed fine, I had no trouble running CS:GO on my NUC8i5. Didnt run any benchmarks though, and had to uninstall Steam as I needed the space, will test more later. Or you could just try it yourself, the entire Flathub library is now available on RetroELEC ;)

Yeah I will, just dont want to install over my main HTPC with everything working. But I will try on my test setup soon

• Hi,

I have input-hog profile accept failed for [MY:GA:ME:PD:AD:RR] when I look at systemctl status bluetooth.

Makes me think it might be related to this:

https://forum.libreelec.tv

CONFIG_UHID needs to be set to ‘y’ in the kernel config to enable userspace I/O driver support for the HID subsystem

Can you confirm if CONFIG_UHID is set to y and if not, would you be able to recompile it with this setting?

Thanks.

• Spotify, PCSX2 and the new Steam icon is now one-click Flatpaks. And here's a demo:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• New XU4 images uploaded:

- Integrated Flatpak package manager
    - Kodi Leia 18.7
    - Built with GCC 10.1
    - Replaced dosbox-svn-libretro with dosbox-core-libretro
    - Updated all cores

• New skylake build uploaded.

• Kodi Leia 18.7
    • Linux 5.7-rc7
    • Added xdg-desktop-portal (wlr,gtk)
    • Added GLMatrix from xscreensaver (+ icon in lavalauncher)
    • Added Ruby
    • Added PipeWire+GStreamer
    • Left-click on the top swaybar will bring up the on-screen keyboard, clicking it again hides it (right-click kills the focused window)
    • Changed all browser icons to use Firefox from Flatpak
  • With "pactl set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1f.3 output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-stereo" I get my sound working but it is not persistent, it is gone after a reboot. How can I make the sound setting permanent?

• With "pactl set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1f.3 output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-stereo" I get my sound working but it is not persistent, it is gone after a reboot. How can I make the sound setting permanent?

I tried a few things yesterday:

- Clean install (no backup) with this image: RetroELEC-skylake.x86_64-9.2-devel-20200529091913.img.gz

- The box is a NUC8i3BEK

- After installation there was no sound -- I changed the setting with the pactl command or via the sound settings app -- the sound was working

- After a reboot the sound/setting was gone again

- Funny thing is if I do a reboot when a sound (youtube video via firefox) is playing the sound is working even after a reboot

- ~/.config/pulse files are not linked to /etc/pulse (I cannot change the files because of squashfs)

• New images uploaded!

• Linux 5.7.0
    • Kodi 18.7.1
    • Pipewire + Wireplumber (not useful as of yet)
    • Moonlight icon
    • Screen sharing in a browser using wf-recorder/v4l2loopback (demo below)
    • Disabled CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED in the kernel so that processes (pulseaudio/openal etc.) can acquire real-time privileges
    • Set default GTK theme to Adwaita:Dark
    • Added HIDPI support for Emulationstation (now works in 4k)
    • VMware default template upgraded to hw version 16 (OpenGL 3.3) with 2GB RAM and 2 CPU's

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For those with sound issues try the latest image, I've done a lot of under the hood polish lately.

• 20200604 images:

• updated and fixed up cava
    • fixed up ncurses so there's proper color in terminal programs
    • added mupen64plus-next-libretro PR's that upgrades it to 2.1.0 and adds parallel-rdp
    • added ecwolf-libretro and boom3-libretro
    • tried to make a better moonlight icon (it's logo really sucks, anyone with artistic talent can make a better one?)
  • I apologize, but I am a complete newb, just learning this stuff. I love retroelec, but I want to get OTA TV working. Tvheadend does not start, I cannot cannot connect via web interface. Is there a trick I am missing? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have it working in libreelec, but would really love retroelec.

Edit: sorry, running RPi4.

Edited 2 times, last by babbalouie (June 6, 2020 at 9:57 PM).

• babbalouie

You should add the complete set of logs (see post 1 of this thread for details, the part 'how to ask for support).

I think you should find the error with:

Code
    cat ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log

I had an error related to a missing library libvdpau.so.1.

This is a library for Nvidia GPU's, which isn't included in RetroElec.

(also opened a forum thread at tvh for this to see if there is a workaround or so)

I have TVheadend running in a docker container now. It runs fine(ish).

Once in a while the Persistent Volume is lost causing my recordings to fill the docker container.

I'm using the following command for this:

(Adjust to your needs e.g. timezone, volumes and maybe the version too)