Posts by toalorama

Hi,

I have input-hog profile accept failed for [MY:GA:ME:PD:AD:RR] when I look at systemctl status bluetooth.

Makes me think it might be related to this:

https://forum.libreelec.tv

CONFIG_UHID needs to be set to ‘y’ in the kernel config to enable userspace I/O driver support for the HID subsystem

Can you confirm if CONFIG_UHID is set to y and if not, would you be able to recompile it with this setting?

Thanks.

Re PG9118 controllers above, Im confused about the question about the driver

In ubuntu this just comes up as a hid. Once connected and paired with bluetoothctl it creates a /dev/input/event* and a /dev/input/js*.

In retro elec (using kodi or bluetoothctl) I can pair, trust and connect, but no entries in /dev/input are created.

If anyone could advise what to look at to report back here, then I would be gratefull.

Hi escalade,

I have tried several distros on XU4 trying to get the best experience with kodi, gaming etc. This distro is by far the nicest.
    One thing is stopping me however and it is getting my bluetooth gamepad to work. I have connected, paired and trusted in both kodi and bluetoothctl.

I have the following rule in storage/.config/udev.rules.d:
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="PG-9118", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{LIBINPUT_IGNORE_DEVICE}="1"
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="PG-9118", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"

Tried with and without the first line, which is suposedly needed for kodi18.

It is not present in /proc/bus/input/devices
    There is no device in /dev/input either js0 or eventX

It is showing as PG-9118 in bluetoothctl
    I know it is yet another noob cant connect his gamepad, but any help is greatly appreciated.

The gamepad does work and I have been succesfull in testing with jstest in the standard latest ubuntu for xu4

Thanks.