RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Yeah none the wiser mate I was playing it a few weeks back I actually beat it ;) In the log you can see multiple attempts at different versions I tested. Ill try them unzipped.

OK only one is showing in the log but i tried a wide rage of games.

Edited once, last by lefty420 (September 23, 2016 at 6:46 PM).

• If you wish to use nox or any other skin with out editing the skin's xml you can use advancelauncher and kodi favorites.
    Create new launchers from within advancelauncher each one pointing to to relevant .sh from /user/bin
    You can make a launcher for each of the emu/app you want to add for example chrome.sh, emulationstation.sh ect ect
    Once you have made a launcher simply add it to kodi favorites and edit the skin accordingly via skin settings.
    I have done this for titan, estuary mod and nox

Hello Lefty

thank you for your help! I done this like you said. It works with the emulationstation but with retroarch didnt work. I found the relevant sh. in usr/bin of retroarch and added it like with emulationstation. But when i want to open the retroarch, nothing happens! It will go back to the main menü only:-(
    Can you help me with that please?
    Sorry for my bad english:-(

• Hello Lefty

thank you for your help! I done this like you said. It works with the emulationstation but with retroarch didnt work. I found the relevant sh. in usr/bin of retroarch and added it like with emulationstation. But when i want to open the retroarch, nothing happens! It will go back to the main menü only:-(
    Can you help me with that please?
    Sorry for my bad english:-(

Try replacing the contents of the launchers.xml "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.advanced.launcher" with the contents from this Or edit yours accordingly. Works fine my end.

• So, my bluetooth/screensaver issue has reappeared. The screensaver will not start when bluetooth is enabled in LibreELEC. If I disable bluetooth, the screensaver starts without issue.

I'm wondering if its tied to the -O2 compilation. Below is the relevant part of the kodi.log. it wasn't present with the older builds. unfortunately I skipped from 20160918 to 20160923 so I don't know which build broke it but it seems possible that it was when -O2 was added back. Haven't found anything relevant with Google yet.

Code
    20:38:06 8298.074219 T:1603400624 ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::dbus_error_handler ## ERROR: (Method "Disconnect" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Device1" doesn't exist
    )
    20:38:06 8298.074219 T:1603400624 ERROR: None
    20:38:06 8298.082031 T:1960420368 WARNING: SplitParams("Bluetooth error", "Method "Disconnect" with signature "" on interface "org", 5000, "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/resources/skins/Default/media/icons/bt.png") - end of string while searching for ) or "
    20:38:41 8333.474609 T:1550967728 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
    20:38:41 8333.605469 T:1960420368 ERROR: Control 1000 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

Edited once, last by jaykass (September 24, 2016 at 5:21 AM).

• Hi guys. I keep trying and good, not if someone else happens, but I added my channel list and in the main menu at the TV not I get the widget channel. And that if you were in previous versions. It's strange. When recharging the skin, and down in the menu, the threat of the letters appear a few seconds and then disappears. Not if someone else has happened to him hehe. Greetings.

• Hello ladies and gents,

I'm new here and I've searched and read through many of the pages in this thread but I'm unable to zero in on the information I need. Hopefully one of you experts can chime in with the solutions or ideas to point me in the right direction. I'm trying to get a bluetooth controller working on kodi that already pairs and works for emulationstation, it pairs in kodi but when I go to map the input controller buttons through kodi UI, kodi doesnt recognize it. The controller has 3 different modes of operation, android bluetooth, ios bluetooth, and mouse bluetooth. The mouse pointer works without any configuration. My question is, are there anyways to convert the emulationstation controller files to usable kodi files? I'd like to use this bluetooth controller to control both the emulation side and kodi side of the system.

Thanks for all of your hard works and input to this conversation!

• Hello ladies and gents,

I'm new here and I've searched and read through many of the pages in this thread but I'm unable to zero in on the information I need. Hopefully one of you experts can chime in with the solutions or ideas to point me in the right direction. I'm trying to get a bluetooth controller working on kodi that already pairs and works for emulationstation, it pairs in kodi but when I go to map the input controller buttons through kodi UI, kodi doesnt recognize it. The controller has 3 different modes of operation, android bluetooth, ios bluetooth, and mouse bluetooth. The mouse pointer works without any configuration. My question is, are there anyways to convert the emulationstation controller files to usable kodi files? I'd like to use this bluetooth controller to control both the emulation side and kodi side of the system.

Thanks for all of your hard works and input to this conversation!

What is the date of the build you are using?

• Downloading... Thank you very much :^_^

EDIT:
    Hi friends. ¿Anyone else happens?? This happens in a clean installation of Kodi.

A topic on the website of Kodi dated 09/26/2016, says it has been fixed in the latest build.
    TVHeadEnd does not start with mulitple profiles - Kodi 17 Beta 1

Greetings and thanks.

Edited once, last by DaRKeN (September 28, 2016 at 2:44 PM).

• Hi Escalade.
    Can you confirm this distro can be installed on a generic device such my Asus Chromebox (Celeron) ?
    I've booted the "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20160928.img" and selected a fresh install.
    Installation takes a very short time (less than 30 seconds). After that I get the message to "remove the install media and reboot" and it freezes.

When I try to reboot, I get a black screen..

Any suggestion?

Thank a lot.

• Hi Escalade.
    Can you confirm this distro can be installed on a generic device such my Asus Chromebox (Celeron) ?
    I've booted the "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20160928.img" and selected a fresh install.
    Installation takes a very short time (less than 30 seconds). After that I get the message to "remove the install media and reboot" and it freezes.

When I try to reboot, I get a black screen..

Any suggestion?

Thank a lot.

Have similar problems with my HP Chrombox, fast install then freezes when its time to reboot on the "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20160918.img" have not tried the new release.

• Yes, it should work on pretty much anything. Did you try waiting 20-30 sec? I've seen the boot process take a long time once in a while. Pretty sure there's some condition that's triggered in the initial ramdisk, before the logo is shown. Seen it on both Generic and RPi.

• Yes, it should work on pretty much anything. Did you try waiting 20-30 sec? I've seen the boot process take a long time once in a while. Pretty sure there's some condition that's triggered in the initial ramdisk, before the logo is shown. Seen it on both Generic and RPi.

I've already restored my basic LibreELEC install. I will retry using a new SD Card and let you know.
    If needed I can try to get some logs (if you give me instructions)
    [hr]
    I've tried a different approach now, installed generic LibreELEC and than tried to update using "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20160928.tar"

I've received this message:

"Your system (FAT) partition is too small for this update
    and there is not enough space for the update to be installed!

You must re-install your system using the disk image of a
    current release, or you must re-size your existing partitions
    so that the System (FAT) partition is at least 512MB in size.

Cleaning up... done
    Normal startup in 60s
    "

Edited once, last by jtadeia (September 29, 2016 at 8:54 AM).

• Tried again a fresh install using image "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20160928.img" with a new SD Card but I get the same message after reboot:

Code
    ISOLINUX 4.01 debian-20100714 ETCD Copyright (C) 1994-2010 H. Peter Anvin et al No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found! boot: _

[hr]

Well, there you have it. Your /flash needs to be 512MB.

Is there an easy/safe way to re-size ?
    Thanks

Edited once, last by jtadeia (September 29, 2016 at 9:25 AM).