Posts by DaRKeN

create an empty file called nokms in /storage/.config/retroarch looks like AMD cards don't like KMS

Maybe another option could be to create a file called radeon-kms.conf in /storage/.config/modprobe.d which contains this line:

Code
    options radeon modeset=1

I can't test it but this file is used at debian systems to tell the kernel to use kms for the radeon module. I haven't checked how LE handles this & I can't test it myself but maybe this is needed for LE too.

If you create radeon-kms.conf delete the nokms file to test if kms finally works.

Hi. First of all, thank you for your time, I tell you that it was solved.

1. Create the file radeon-kms.conf in /storage/.config/modprobe.d that contains the line:

Code
    options radeon modeset = 1

And get the same result.

2.- Create the file nokms in /storage/.config/retroarch

And then yes, RA opened without problem.

I thank you very much for your help mate. Greetings.

I'm not sure if I understood your problem -> so you can launch games in ES but if you start RA from the Kodi main menu it fails to run?

Can you get me a copy of your retroarch.log ? It's located in /var/log or you check out your logfiles smb directory and upload the whole zip after you run retroarch. Then the log file is included in varlog.

Hello! Thanks for your answer.

Excuse me if you do not understand me well, is that my native language is not English.

I attached you the the kodi.old.log, kodi.log, and the retroarch.log

This is what I did.

- Start Kodi.

- Open RA from the menu

- Kodi crash

- Save the logs and attach them here.

Greetings and thanks.

Hello guys. First, thank you very much for the great job you do. I need help, maybe it's a stupid question but there goes ...

Why does not Retroarch open me from a clean installation? I open ES and from there I can go to RA, but from the menu Kodi simply breaks and restarts.

This is the log:

Thank you. Greetings.

Hi guys! My problem is solved:

Code
    # touch /storage/.config/usepulse
    # pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,3

I just hope these changes are permanent and do not have to be sending them via SSH on every reboot :D . Now I only have to solve the problem of loading the roms by NAS that for more than I try not load in EmulationStation and then be able to control Chrome remotely or at least close it by remote control.

Suggestions are accepted :shy:
    Greetings escalade and thanks 4aLL.

DaRKeN

I understand perfectly well, and you quoted the answer to your own problem.

Hi. Thank you very much for answering. I tell you what happened:

- In reading your answer, I understood that if it is related to one thing with another, I just wanted to corroborate for fear of messing up. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D (Thanks)

- I do not know if it is a necessary data, but I have a laptop connected by HDMI to a TV. And as I said before, the sound of the navigation menu of http://youtube.com/tv if it had sound, sound emitted by the TV, until then well, except for the load of the video.

- I executed its commands via SSH, and THEN THE VIDEO BEGAN TO REPRODUCE !!! Hehehe (Thanks again), but the sound came out of the laptop speakers :(

- I closed and reopened Chrome and the same result.

- Restart the system. And the video plays, which is what I wanted to solve, but now there is no sound or TV, and there is no sound on the laptop.

- This is the same with all pages of Chrome, which has no sound now.

As an extra data, I do not know if it's relevant, I always have the asound.conf file with these lines:

Code
    pcm.!default {
          type plug
          slave.pcm {
                  type hw
                  card 1
                  device 3
          }
    }

That is the only way I get the whole system of audio on TV. But now, Chrome does not have any sound, even though the asound.conf file is on its respective site. Although as I said before, http://youtube.com/tv already works and plays the videos. How could I do now to return the sound to Chrome to come out on TV?

Until the restart, I took it off the TV and it sounded on the laptop speakers, but now nothing at all. Kodi, thank God, continues to have sound and plays it correctly on TV. Hehe.

Regards and sorry for the inconvenience.

As for http://youtube.com/tv, it needs pulseaudio for some reason. Execute these commands through SSH before starting Chrome:

Code
    # touch /storage/.config/usepulse
    # pactl load-module module-udev-detect

The first command tells the chrome script not to stop pulseaudio. The second command tells pulseaudio to automatically detect soundcards through udev.

Now http://youtube.com/tv will not freeze and should have sound. If it does not have sound you will need to learn how to use pactl to set the default sink.

Hi. Thanks for your answers guys.
    Honestly, I do not know if it's because I do not explain myself well, or if there is any relationship with the audio that http://youtube.com/tv gets stuck with the loading circle, something like this: Best_524ffb_2481171.gif

Because in Chrome I do have sound. Even in the navigation of the same http://youtube.com/tv I have sound, the only problem is that damn circle that stays there spinning endlessly. For example, if I enter the normal YouTube page, I mean youtube.com, everything works correctly, both videos and sound. I only have problems with that specific page, http://youtube.com/tv, that if it has sound in the navigation menu, but the video stays in infinite load with the circle that already we all know.

Greetings and thanks friends.

As for loading remote roms, look at /storage/.config/system.d/cifs.mount.sample to see how.

Hello! First of all thank you for continuing with this excellent distribution.
    I need help with something, I'm a little embarrassed to say it but I just can not get it to work in any way.

I read cifs.mount.sample and the truth I did not quite understand how to proceed. So I had to search in g00gle and what I have done is that in that same folder create an cifs.mount file with this code:

Code
    //XXX/Roms$ /storage/roms cifs user=XXX,password=XXX,uid=0,gid=0,rw 0 0

But it does not work :( Some of you could guide me a little bit more, because if I have not written about it before, it's because I like to investigate until I can, and in this case I have not had any luck.

Another thing I take to ask, has anyone tried Chrome with http://Youtube.com/tv? I try it every day, disable hardware acceleration (by g00gle recommendation) and a few things, but always with the same result. An infinite freezing with a spinning circle, in the smarthphone the seconds advance but the TV does not show me the circle that is charging. BUT if I use the normal YouTube page, the videos work without any problem. What can be caused this?

A thousand thanks in advance, and seriously apologize my English, I hope do not disturb, nor offend anyone, with this translation of google. Greetings and blessings :)

Hi guys. Could I help someone who can tell me this happens to me? I tried 20161102 and 20161103.

First, I've tried the 20161102 with the same flash drive I used to install/upgrade and with whom I have never had problems. And this time I received the error "Filesystem detected corrupted" or something like that. Then I tried to download again the same version 20161102 and I got the same error.

Well, while this has been uploaded version 20161103 and tried with her and I got the same error. I even tried another flash drive and I got the same error.

I do not know if image problem, but apparently I'm the only one with this problem, or problem of MicroSD. Because when you restart normally, the system operates as usual.

I'm sorry for my English :( . I used the google translator. Thank you very much. Greetings.

Downloading... Thank you very much :^_^

EDIT:
    Hi friends. ¿Anyone else happens?? This happens in a clean installation of Kodi.

A topic on the website of Kodi dated 09/26/2016, says it has been fixed in the latest build.
    TVHeadEnd does not start with mulitple profiles - Kodi 17 Beta 1

Greetings and thanks.

Hello Friend. Thanks for answering. I mention that because it hurts my finger to give F5 and CTRL + F5 hahahaha.
    In my browser incognito mode only shows me 20160918, 20160920 and 20160921 but see nothing 20160921-2. In addition two folders that were not displayed before me appear, apparently are emulators Amiga.

Before I read that the escalade companion had said he was ready 20160921-2 and what I was looking for download. I suppose, it will be up to the network.

Regards :)