RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Hi guys! My problem is solved:

Code
    # touch /storage/.config/usepulse
    # pactl load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,3

I just hope these changes are permanent and do not have to be sending them via SSH on every reboot :D . Now I only have to solve the problem of loading the roms by NAS that for more than I try not load in EmulationStation and then be able to control Chrome remotely or at least close it by remote control.

Suggestions are accepted :shy:
    Greetings escalade and thanks 4aLL.

Edited once, last by DaRKeN (November 18, 2016 at 10:19 PM).

• Thanks Darken for the asound.conf. It did work.
    I saw a previous post on emulestation which doesnt work with controller at first start, I can confirm (dont have a keyboard...) so I only use retroarch.

Escalade, do you know how I can configure Hiresolution texture with mupen64 ?
    Thanks for the build again.

Bibi

• My dreamcast/saturn iso doesnt work, i scan the directory but dont get a new entry in the menu... where can i find log file, nothing in /var/log.

Also, do you plan to include dolphin in your build ?

To use HiResolution with mupen64plus, you need acces to the direcory/config file of the plugin you use (rice...)

Bibi

• 0Come on, too lazy to read the first page?

Hehe, i found the log but nothing inside them ^^.
    Will go read your first post again

Ok im back'from your first post and saw that dolphin is include... but when i scan my gamecube directory with retroarch i dont get the new entry menu...

Edited once, last by bibi (November 20, 2016 at 7:25 PM).

• New build 20161115:

Code
    - Added back nvidia legacy drivers (this will probably need to go to make room for other things as I've maxed out 512MB for generic at this point)
    - Enable SMB2 and SMB3 support for the kernel CIFS module
    - Updated kernel to 4.8.7
    - Updates to glupen64-libretro, retroarch-joypad-autoconfig, libretro-database, snes9x2010-libretro, scummvm-libretro, mgba-libretro, mesa and retroarch
    - Fixed an issue with nmon

I tried this build in my PC and the xorg error still happens... can I manually fix that? Yes, I get bored of retroarch frontend so quickly... :D

• bibi

Because Dolphin is not a libretro core and isn't supported by RetroArch, you need to use Emulationstation instead. Also update to the latest build, it adds -v to retroarch options so there should be something in /tmp/retroarch.log when you launch a saturn game.

bite_your_idols

Try the latest full rebuild :)

New build 20161121:

Code
    - Switched to duganchen's Dosbox fork using SDL2 (https://github.com/duganchen/dosbox/blob/master/ENHANCEMENTS.md)
    - Rebased on latest LE master which now uses GCC6 and has quite a few updated packages
    - Updates to RetroArch, Mesa, Dolphin, SDL2
    - Added mkfs.ntfs and other NTFS tools (like ntfsresize)

Edited once, last by escalade (November 21, 2016 at 10:24 PM).

• bibi

Because Dolphin is not a libretro core and isn't supported by RetroArch, you need to use Emulationstation instead. Also update to the latest build, it adds -v to retroarch options so there should be something in /tmp/retroarch.log when you launch a saturn game.

bite_your_idols

Try the latest full rebuild :)

New build 20161121:

Code
    - Switched to duganchen's Dosbox fork using SDL2 (https://github.com/duganchen/dosbox/blob/master/ENHANCEMENTS.md)
    - Rebased on latest LE master which now uses GCC6 and has quite a few updated packages
    - Updates to RetroArch, Mesa, Dolphin, SDL2
    - Added mkfs.ntfs and other NTFS tools (like ntfsresize)

no way.

• And what does your /var/log/Xorg.0.log say?

I can not reach that log... Since there is no wired network connection I can not access this PC until libreelec starts and wifi connects.

If I use LibreELEC's alpha build it also happens, but in LibreELEC 7 it works fine, it installs in a cople of minutes, stars and wiffi connects... :huh:

EDIT: if I unplug video card error still happens but in your previous build when I unplug it kodi enters and no error prompts.

• 20161123:

Code
    - CEC support in Emulationstation
    - Fixed ScummVM libretro core and added MT32 emulation
    - Dosbox fluidsynth/soundfont support
    - Updated xf86-video-intel, Mesa and Vulkan loader
    - Updated FS-UAE and RetroArch
    - Linux 4.8.10

Edited once, last by escalade (November 23, 2016 at 7:34 AM).

• You can connect a keyboard and do CTR+ALT+F3 and you have a shell.

Yes I have a keyboard connected but I can not write or control anything. In error screen (or during boot with LE splashscreen) I can not open any shell, if I do CTR+ALT+F3 it just shows a black screen with a blinking cursor but I can not write in it...

Anyways, thanks for your patience and help, but I think it does not deserve the time I am (and you are) spending on it... I will stick into lakka. Thanks again.

• Doesn't sound like you spent any time at all other than booting it up. Your problem is most likely easily fixable and the answer should be in the log, but if that's a task too big then I can't help :)

• Doesn't sound like you spent any time at all other than booting it up. Your problem is most likely easily fixable and the answer should be in the log, but if that's a task too big then I can't help :)

are you challenging me? :D Only thing I think I can try is attaching the HDD to another linux based PC and try to get the log... maybe in the same PC booting lakka can access your build's log...

• If you call getting a logfile a challenge, then I guess so :) I'm guessing you don't have a console because you upgraded from Lakka or whatever. You need "tty" in the kernel commandline (i.e. /flash/syslinux.cfg or /flash/EFI/BOOT/syslinux.cfg for EFI). My builds have that by default when you do a new install. Swapping the harddrive won't work because /var is on tmpfs, but you will be able to edit syslinux.cfg.

Edited once, last by escalade (November 23, 2016 at 11:17 AM).