RetroELEC Kodi+Wayland+Emulationstation+RetroArch (x86/XU4/RPi)

• Performance seemed fine, I had no trouble running CS:GO on my NUC8i5. Didnt run any benchmarks though, and had to uninstall Steam as I needed the space, will test more later. Or you could just try it yourself, the entire Flathub library is now available on RetroELEC ;)

Yeah I will, just dont want to install over my main HTPC with everything working. But I will try on my test setup soon

• Hi,

I have input-hog profile accept failed for [MY:GA:ME:PD:AD:RR] when I look at systemctl status bluetooth.

Makes me think it might be related to this:

https://mtekk.us/archives/guides/fix-bluetooth-mouse-pairing-but-not-moving-cursor-in-linux/

CONFIG_UHID needs to be set to ‘y’ in the kernel config to enable userspace I/O driver support for the HID subsystem

Can you confirm if CONFIG_UHID is set to y and if not, would you be able to recompile it with this setting?

Thanks.

• New XU4 images uploaded:

- Integrated Flatpak package manager
    - Kodi Leia 18.7
    - Built with GCC 10.1
    - Replaced dosbox-svn-libretro with dosbox-core-libretro
    - Updated all cores

• New skylake build uploaded.

• Kodi Leia 18.7
    • Linux 5.7-rc7
    • Added xdg-desktop-portal (wlr,gtk)
    • Added GLMatrix from xscreensaver (+ icon in lavalauncher)
    • Added Ruby
    • Added PipeWire+GStreamer
    • Left-click on the top swaybar will bring up the on-screen keyboard, clicking it again hides it (right-click kills the focused window)
    • Changed all browser icons to use Firefox from Flatpak
  • With "pactl set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1f.3 output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-stereo" I get my sound working but it is not persistent, it is gone after a reboot. How can I make the sound setting permanent?

• With "pactl set-card-profile alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1f.3 output:hdmi-stereo+input:analog-stereo" I get my sound working but it is not persistent, it is gone after a reboot. How can I make the sound setting permanent?

I tried a few things yesterday:

- Clean install (no backup) with this image: RetroELEC-skylake.x86_64-9.2-devel-20200529091913.img.gz

- The box is a NUC8i3BEK

- After installation there was no sound -- I changed the setting with the pactl command or via the sound settings app -- the sound was working

- After a reboot the sound/setting was gone again

- Funny thing is if I do a reboot when a sound (youtube video via firefox) is playing the sound is working even after a reboot

- ~/.config/pulse files are not linked to /etc/pulse (I cannot change the files because of squashfs)

• New images uploaded!

• Linux 5.7.0
    • Kodi 18.7.1
    • Pipewire + Wireplumber (not useful as of yet)
    • Moonlight icon
    • Screen sharing in a browser using wf-recorder/v4l2loopback (demo below)
    • Disabled CONFIG_RT_GROUP_SCHED in the kernel so that processes (pulseaudio/openal etc.) can acquire real-time privileges
    • Set default GTK theme to Adwaita:Dark
    • Added HIDPI support for Emulationstation (now works in 4k)
    • VMware default template upgraded to hw version 16 (OpenGL 3.3) with 2GB RAM and 2 CPU's

For those with sound issues try the latest image, I've done a lot of under the hood polish lately.

• 20200604 images:

• updated and fixed up cava
    • fixed up ncurses so there's proper color in terminal programs
    • added mupen64plus-next-libretro PR's that upgrades it to 2.1.0 and adds parallel-rdp
    • added ecwolf-libretro and boom3-libretro
    • tried to make a better moonlight icon (it's logo really sucks, anyone with artistic talent can make a better one?)
  • I apologize, but I am a complete newb, just learning this stuff. I love retroelec, but I want to get OTA TV working. Tvheadend does not start, I cannot cannot connect via web interface. Is there a trick I am missing? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have it working in libreelec, but would really love retroelec.

Edit: sorry, running RPi4.

Edited 2 times, last by babbalouie ().

• babbalouie

You should add the complete set of logs (see post 1 of this thread for details, the part 'how to ask for support).

I think you should find the error with:

Code
    1. cat ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log

I had an error related to a missing library libvdpau.so.1.

This is a library for Nvidia GPU's, which isn't included in RetroElec.

(also opened a forum thread at tvh for this to see if there is a workaround or so)

I have TVheadend running in a docker container now. It runs fine(ish).

Once in a while the Persistent Volume is lost causing my recordings to fill the docker container.

I'm using the following command for this:

(Adjust to your needs e.g. timezone, volumes and maybe the version too)

Tronsmart Ara X5 plus fried by lightning

RPi3

(removed from the dust with LibreELEC 8.0.1 still working)