S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• If you running any version of openelec or libreelec on SD I think you just put new image to .update folder

Toothpick method needs only first time install that I know

I guess the worst thing that can happen is that the card doesn't boot. I don't see any aml_autoscript files, so if booting for the first time what files are needed?

• I guess the worst thing that can happen is that the card doesn't boot. I don't see any aml_autoscript files, so if booting for the first time what files are needed?

If you download LibreELEC develop version and unzip file you can see factory_update_param.aml with LibreELEC-S8X2.default.arm-7.0-devel-update.zip 2 files. These files put to SD with formatted FAT32 and then using toothpick method you can install libreelec to nand. This method same as your android firmware update progress, so if your device gone to brick you can unbrick it easily. I don't know how do you understand that I say. Cause I speak English likes Korean cause I'm Korean :)

• For power on & suspend issue go fetch and flash from your manufacturer the newest bootloader i can do nothing about it!

Please use S82 image that works for your M8S 100% with 2gb ram!

Hi Demetris,

I've updated to your LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2a-X8H-PLUS.tar on my Minix x8h plus, and I've also had the same power-on,suspend issues.

Tried also a few other updates from others, but for now I'm using LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-8.0.2.tar from Index of /image/LE8/arm/8.0.2 - and that works just fine. Powers off, reboots, suspends just fine.

Really liked that your image thus had wifi recognized and bluetooth too!

Can I help debug?

Thanks!

• If you download LibreELEC develop version and unzip file you can see factory_update_param.aml with LibreELEC-S8X2.default.arm-7.0-devel-update.zip 2 files. These files put to SD with formatted FAT32 and then using toothpick method you can install libreelec to nand. This method same as your android firmware update progress, so if your device gone to brick you can unbrick it easily. I don't know how do you understand that I say. Cause I speak English likes Korean cause I'm Korean :)

I would rather get this running on an SD card than NAND. The box has been flashed with balbes150's aml_autoscript and I read a post somewhere on this forum that it seems to work with Demetris's builds. Might be safer than installing to NAND. Thanks for your help.

• thats interesting will get you an image to test then

• I tried S82 image again, but it doesn't work. Stopping M8S logo forever. I did rollback it LibreELEC-S8X2.default.arm-7.0-devel-20170124000114-r23703-ge207b78.zip and after LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2a-MXIII-1G.img.gz your image. I did it all just for 5 minuets :)

Since at this moment I do not want to write the LibreELEC-S8X2.default.arm-7.0-devel-20170124000114-r23703-ge207b78.zip to NAND, I have tried booting with the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2a-MXIII-1G.img.gz from an SD card (I have used the toothpick with balbes150 image in the past so my M8S can boot from an SD card)

The M8S has started booting from the SD card and has detected a corrupted filesystem:

Filesystem corruption has been detected!

to prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing,

press any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds

after two minutes it has started a recovery attempt and faild:

Repairing filesystem...

e2fsck 1.43.3 (04-Sep-2016)

/dev/system: clean, 8435/65536 files, 186508/262144 blocks

/dev/data: clean, 18956/350880 files, 417952/1402880 blocks

CP437: invalid argument

fsck.fat 3.0.28 (2015-05-16)

open: Read-only file system

fsck.ext4: Read-only file system while trying to opeb /dev/mmcblk8cp2

Disk wite-protected; use the -n option to do a read-only

check of the device

Forced fsck failed. Your system is broken beyond repair

Please re-install LibreELEC

Press enter to shutdown now

I have tried booting with the same image from a USB stick but the M8S didn't detect the USB and skipped to android boot.

Is there any clue/solution for making this box (ENY M8S) boot from an SD card wit Demetris images ?

• I use an S812 bootloader for my S82 box and boots ok for me.

• I tried balbes150's image too. balbes150's image works fine to power on/suspend and can install on SD card. But I couldn't install tvheadend 4.2 and wifi+bluetooth doesn't work for me. So I looked for lots of images finaly I use Demetir's image, it can't install independetly but I satisfied over all. If I can mix balbes150's image and Demetris image it'll be the most perfect image but I can't. I know only windows and command prompt not linux :(

• I tried balbes150's image too. balbes150's image works fine to power on/suspend and can install on SD card. But I couldn't install tvheadend 4.2 and wifi+bluetooth doesn't work for me. So I looked for lots of images finaly I use Demetir's image, it can't install independetly but I satisfied over all. If I can mix balbes150's image and Demetris image it'll be the most perfect image but I can't. I know only windows and command prompt not linux :(

If I would be able to install any of balbes150 images on an SD card in the ENY M8S box, I pesume that I would be able to update it with Demetris MXIII-1G image and test it !

I could install balbes150 LibreELEC-S812.LAN_100.arm-17.3.img.gz on another M8S box that I have (a clone with a BCM4330X wifi) and as you mentioned tvheadend42 is not working with this build (wifi is not so important for me).

Could you install any of balbes150 images on an SD card with the ENY M8S box ? Can you say which specific image ? I have tried several images and all failed.

• Hi.

You have to config the kernel, there is an extra element in the command line. If it is clear, the system will run on any medium. By the way, the initialization file is already desired setting.

LibreELEC.tv/linux.arm.conf at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

del

BOOT_IMAGE=/dev/boot boot=/dev/system disk=/dev/data

LibreELEC.tv/platform_init at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

By the way, You can use one image for all versions, they are perfectly combined (they have indexes to select dtb data, nearly all different, so do not interfere with each other when running).

LibreELEC.tv/options at Amlogic-Krypton · 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

p.s.

If You don't mind, I propose to combine our expertise for the Assembly LE for S812 and make You the main developer. As I plan to focus on creating a full system LinuxDesktop+Kodi).

• If I would be able to install any of balbes150 images on an SD card in the ENY M8S box, I pesume that I would be able to update it with Demetris MXIII-1G image and test it !

I could install balbes150 LibreELEC-S812.LAN_100.arm-17.3.img.gz on another M8S box that I have (a clone with a BCM4330X wifi) and as you mentioned tvheadend42 is not working with this build (wifi is not so important for me).

Could you install any of balbes150 images on an SD card with the ENY M8S box ? Can you say which specific image ? I have tried several images and all failed.

When I install balbes150's image I used SD card and USB memory both.

Because I met blabla 120 seconds error display.

1. Any balbes150's M8S LAN1000 image burn to SD and USB both of all

2. Using toothpick method with SD card and s805 script works then you can see blabla 120 seconds error.

3. Do same process above with USB memory (maybe outside one of two usb ports)

4. You can install balbes150's image to USB memory! Done!

but after balbes150's image install, I can't use .update folder Demetris's image. However you can use update folder

same developer's image.

Edited once, last by wowwoo (June 17, 2017 at 1:10 PM).

• I love your S812 armbian! Glad to meet you here! :)

• I have tested to compine before but i faced lan issues from 1gb vs 100Mbit

So you want me to delete that cmd line in kernel config that defines boot flags and add to init those changes? So to be clear i understand what you are saying.

• Official Post

So you want me to delete that cmd line in kernel config that defines boot flags and add to init those changes? So to be clear i understand what you are saying.

Only need to delete from config file the kernel. Need not be added. In the second link on platform_ini I showed that these data already have in this file (line 80).

I have tested to compine before but i faced lan issues from 1gb vs 100Mbit

These data are compatible. You can collect one image for these devices.

Under this key, u-boot selects from multifile the desired option and uses it.

LibreELEC.tv/007-Add-minix_x8hp-support.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

LibreELEC.tv/013-Add-M8S-S812-board-support.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

linux/meson8_k200b_1G_emmc_sdio.dtd at amlogic-3.10.y · kszaq/linux · GitHub

linux/meson8_k200b_2G_emmc_sdio.dtd at amlogic-3.10.y · kszaq/linux · GitHub

These two files together cannot be used. They have the same index. For such models will have to collect different images.

LibreELEC.tv/007-Add-minix_x8hp-support.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

LibreELEC.tv/002-Add-MXIII_PLUS-G-S812.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Although the dtb file it specified a different index, but this model has in common with these two index m8m2_n200_2G

LibreELEC.tv/001-Add-meson8m2_KII-support.patch at le-8.0 · S802-LE/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

By the way, if You're interested, I would still recommend to update the system multi-boot and go to a new format. In the new format multi-boot, you can use any of the system on external media. Add ability to install to internal memory (eMMC\NAND) with one push of a button on the remote control .

• hi

I'm trying to install this on a s802 m8 box

ive downloaded the file LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4.img.gz and used win32diskimager to write an sd card.

when I insert the sd and boot the box I get the android system recovery console, none of the options will enable me to run the files on the sdcard

can anyone assist please?

ok I have advanced now

if I boot the box with said sd card in I get a screen saying

"filesystem corruption has been detected

to prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing

press any key or power off your system within the next 120seconds"

if I leave it I get a report back

"cp437: invalid argument

fsck.fat 3.0.28 (2015-05-16)

open: read-only file system

e2fsck 1.42.13(17-may-2015)

fsck.ext4:read-only file system while trying to open /dev/mmcblk0p2

disk write-protected;use the -n option to do a read-only

check of the device.

forced fsck failed. your system is broken beyond repair

please re-install libreelec

press enter to shut down now"

perhaps I should have mentioned I had openelec on this before

Edited 2 times, last by mambo (June 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM).

• Hey Demetris, gret work.

I have had amlogic.ru 7.0.2 (M8S) build on my S812 MAtricom Gbox Q2 for a while and has always worked great but work has stalled so its upgrade time. I tried your LibreELEC-S8X2.M8S-PLUS.arm-8.0.2 build and everything went through fine including internet connection however my remote will not work.

I then tried LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2a-MXIII-PLUS and after reboot my device is now stuck on the amlogic chip screen so I obviously installed wrong version. Which version should i use and how can i install now i dont have samba access due to kodi failing to start?

Please help

Edited 2 times, last by 32BitLord (June 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM).

• New images are being prepared v8.0.2b.

Then i will start some experiments soon for those guys boxes i said i will.

Edit: New images are up :)

Edited once, last by Demetris (June 22, 2017 at 11:41 AM).