Posts by 32BitLord

Hey Demetris, gret work.

I have had amlogic.ru 7.0.2 (M8S) build on my S812 MAtricom Gbox Q2 for a while and has always worked great but work has stalled so its upgrade time. I tried your LibreELEC-S8X2.M8S-PLUS.arm-8.0.2 build and everything went through fine including internet connection however my remote will not work.

I then tried LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.2a-MXIII-PLUS and after reboot my device is now stuck on the amlogic chip screen so I obviously installed wrong version. Which version should i use and how can i install now i dont have samba access due to kodi failing to start?

Please help

This sounds like something within the devices audio settings. There are no audio issues with any of the current LibreElec builds, as far as I'm aware. Is the device plugged directly into the TV or via some type of amplifier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You will first need to install LibreElec into the device. Once installed simply create a backup of your current box and use it to restore your new box. Once you have the backup on your computer you can clone as many devices as you want but LibrElec needs to be installed first. Personally I prefer to wipe android and completely replace it with LibreElec.

I researched this same thing last year. At the time the best ratio for price against power resulted with the Matricom G-Box Q2 coming out on top. It had superior computing power and a relatively low price. It's only downside was the god awful software it had preinstalled. Once I blew its brains out and got a Linux OS in there it turned out to be one of the best no fuss, all in one boxes that I'v used.

- 2GHz Quad Core Amlogic S812.
    - 2GB DDR3
    - Mali 450 Octo Core 3D GPU
    - 16GB Flash Storage
    - Dual Band Wifi, 10/100 Full Duplex Ethernet
    - Bluetooth V4
    - 2x USB 2.0, SSD Card Slot

I also experienced issues with the remote however this is easily fixed by using one of the key mapping addons available. Google it and you will find the details of the addon

Yes it is. My Gbox Q2 previously had OpenElec installed but I came home from work a few days ago and when I turned my box on I automatically received an OTA update which installed LibreElec in its place. Other than setting up the video and audio settings again all of my addons and other settings were all spot on. It is a little buggier than openElec but its a newer project so its expected but nothing to worry about. I just leave my auto updates turned on and it sorts itself out whenever a major update is released.