S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• I got it to sign now lol. The reason why i think is the tools i was using were using java class path but java 9 doesn't use it any more so installed java 8 and boom it signed.
    Now time to find out if its worked lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• I got it to sign now lol. The reason why i think is the tools i was using were using java class path but java 9 doesn't use it any more so installed java 8 and boom it signed.
    Now time to find out if its worked lol

Just for your info on my box S82 am using the MXIII-PLUS(S812) bootloader and works very well and ram speed is way faster ;)
    You could make it a community project if you chase this.

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 18, 2017 at 2:49 PM).

• My knowledge is next to nothing hahaha are the bootloader's cross hardware/boxes so to speak? Would that one work on a s802 chipset?

• My knowledge is next to nothing hahaha are the bootloader's cross hardware/boxes so to speak? Would that one work on a s802 chipset?

The only different of S802 vs S812 is the gigabit lan support so yes bootloaders are crossflashable but i checked ram speeds as well before flash it just to be safe.

• Have you tried placing demetris update .Tar in storage/.update with a .nocompap file?

If this was in response to me asking about trying to update from 7.0.3 yes. the update works, installs 8.0.1 but will not fully boot. It connects to the same internet and everything, but hangs on the screen with amlogic ir dummy files.
    I was able to get past this by using the toothpick into recovery and wiped the Data and Cache then reboot. It was able to reboot without a problem. Then if I tried to install the backup TAR file it would go back to hanging on the boot.

• Demetris i will have a look and flash it, see what happens?

M2823
    Yes that was to you but unfortunately I can't offer any more help as im not that clued up lol

All the best

Paul

Edited once, last by chunk1982 (April 18, 2017 at 11:07 PM).

• i install the m8s version to a matricom Q2 works great, the only issue i see is when i shutdown, my box reboot, any idea????'

I also updated a G-BOX Q2 using the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8S.tar (dated Apr 15, 2017) update file from a previous version of LibreElec. I don't have the shutdown problem like you had, but my factory remote will not work. I can use it to turn the it on, but not to control it once it's started. I guess there's a file for the remote I have to transfer to the Q2 and I've got re-read a bunch of this thread to get the details. Did you have to do anything for the remote to work or did you use a different update file? Thanks.

• On MX-III 2GB with AP6330 Using S82 image, Bluetooth works fine on reboot or Total Power off and on

New to this forum I have a few questions. Which file would i download the MXIII or MXIII plus or a completely different file? I am running MXIII S812 AP6330 Chip 2g Ram. I also have never installed libreelec before but after reading this thread i think i understand the process just have a few questions. First i should be copying the remote files from original kitkat load (Not sure where these are) then I need to install Liberelec 7 build (Not sure where to find this file download) do i flash this file with the usb burn tool or use tar method? If tar method a quick overview how to do this would be awesome. Then I update to 8.0 or 8.1 using tar method again ? and last where to copy remote files back into libreelec 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited once, last by deschris (April 19, 2017 at 5:03 AM).

• deschris
    MXIII always had S802 soc.
    Yours may be a MXIII Plus if it has S812.

I have a MXIII 1GB and a MXIII 2GB but not a MXIII Plus.

If yours is a MXIII Plus, then
    the starting point would be Drieschel's S8X2 build
    Unzip it to empty microsd and use the toothpick method

The endpoint for you would be LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8S.tar (I think)
    Edit: I thought wrong, correction as per Demetris - LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-MXIII-PLUS.tar

The remote.conf file is in your /etc folder in Android. You need a root explorer to access that file on your kitkat install. This needs to be copied to the ConfigFiles smb share or /storage/.config folder if doing over sftp/scp or using pendrive

Edited once, last by gujal (April 19, 2017 at 11:53 PM).

• Hi Demetris for the last couple of days i have been messing about with bootloader's and logo.img (oh the joys) it's given me a new found grater respect for what you guys do!!
    The reasons i started messing with bootloaders was to try and get my box to wake from suspend or i was kind of hoping the power button on my ir remote would put the box into standby and wake it up again, having the original bootloader didnt fix neither of these issues as wake from suspend still doesn't work and when i press the power button on remote i get the shut down menu window. Is this something i can fix or am i fighting a lost cause lol

Many thanks and all the best

Paul

Edited once, last by chunk1982 (April 19, 2017 at 11:37 PM).

• I dont use Libreelec on my S802 as lakka is a more perfect fit for this powerful soc. Am sure someone will help you out in the end. ;)

Στάλθηκε από το Moto G 2014 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

• I am the official maintainer of amlogic devices on lakka. Our webpage is lakka.tv and we are at rc5 state and next release will be final.

Στάλθηκε από το Moto G 2014 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 20, 2017 at 1:03 PM).