S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• I am a refugee from the other S812 builds.

I have an m8s rounded corner ott s812 2gb/8gb box with bcm4335.

Which, if any, build can i use? I have also been unable to install any other build since the new releases. Can you please point me to the best set of install instructions.

Edited once, last by Skripo (April 14, 2017 at 1:29 AM).

Which, if any, build can i use? I have also been unable to install any other build since the new releases. Can you please point me to the best set of install instructions.

Download the tar file corresponding to your android box so the MXIII SX2 file and you need to copy the tar file to /storage/.update

Also create a blank file in notepad and save it as .nocompat no extension and copy that there as well.

Once you do that you reboot the box and it will update and you'll have the latest Krypton 17.1

I easily did this but couldn't get my remote to work even with the remote.conf file

Good luck

P.s. I copied the files from windows using the utility pscp.exe so just get that with the IP of your box

So example pscp.exe (filename) [email protected]:/storage/.update

• Just to be clear, the box is still running android, not LE. Still the same process as above? Does that image support BCM4335 wifi chip set?

Thanks for the help!

PS: I can help with the remote, you may need to edit the remote file with the proper device code. I will need to scrape the info together and post it tomorrow.

Edited once, last by Skripo (April 14, 2017 at 4:02 AM).

• Can you tell me your CPU temperature on system information/hardware ?

On startup it is at 47C. After playing a mix of 4K and FHD Videos (decoding on GPU) for about 15 minutes the temperature went up to 63C
    After playing some HD HEVC videos (decoding on CPU) for about 10 minutes the temperature went up to 73C

gujal, Can you confirm when you say Bluetooth works fine on reboot or total power off, which Bluetooth device you paired which remain paired and functioning after rebooting? I will await hearing from another "M8" user however there is definitely something that changed between the last 2 builds which affected Bluetooth functionality on the M8.

I use a mini keyboard+touchpad device like the one below, and the pairing stays and works after reboot or power off/on

Edited once, last by gujal (April 14, 2017 at 4:14 AM).

• Just to be clear, the box is still running android, not LE. Still the same process as above? Does that image support BCM4335 wifi chip set?

Thanks for the help!

PS: I can help with the remote, you may need to edit the remote file with the proper device code. I will need to scrape the info together and post it tomorrow.

If it's still running android get the remote.conf file from system/etc and any other stuff you may need from that folder before upgrading

I did the toothpick method and flashed the 7.02 first then did the method above as I could not flash with 8.0.1 using toothpick it would fail reading the file every time so I had to get the tar file

as for the remote, I just need to know where it should go; I mean I took the one right from my android box that worked; why doesn't it work on linux

• gujal. Thank you. There must be something different regarding the BT/WiFi chipset in your MXIII.
    Demetris. Unsure if this helps or changes anything but a quick teardown of M8 today, attached is photo of the actual chip. Bluetooth may be working with current build on some devices but I can tell you with certainty there was a change from 04/09/2017 build (Bluetooth working-WiFi not working) to 04/10/2017 build (Bluetooth not working properly-WiFi working) on M8.

Edited once, last by 7up (April 14, 2017 at 5:45 AM).

• Extract the remote.conf for your device from these zip packages
    S802 Multi Remote Patcher zips - FreakTab.com

Good morning Demetris,

So I got my remote working for the sole purpose of powering on the box as I use the kodi remote app on my phone to control it normally.
    The remote works apart from booting up the device. Any ideas on this. I remember in a previous post you mentioned the latest bootloader.
    [hr]

Stupid question, where do I find that and how do I install it?

Morning achatier did you manage to resolve this issue is so could you let me know how.

Thanks

Edited once, last by Louis78 (April 14, 2017 at 5:57 AM).

• gujal. Thank you. There must be something different regarding the BT/WiFi chipset in your MXIII.
    Demetris. Unsure if this helps or changes anything but a quick teardown of M8 today, attached is photo of the actual chip. Bluetooth may be working with current build on some devices but I can tell you with certainty there was a change from 04/09/2017 build (Bluetooth working-WiFi not working) to 04/10/2017 build (Bluetooth not working properly-WiFi working) on M8.

You seem to have the same chip as mine! (Except maybe for the revision number? not sure)

Edited once, last by gujal (April 14, 2017 at 7:42 AM).

• Yes same chip indeed. I was fairly certain the M8 (square) had an AP6330 but needed to see it for myself. Unclear why it is working on MXIII but not M8 if both have same chipset which is why I am curious what changes Demetris made between revisions.

Can you try the M8S-PLUS image and report back if it works on your box? If not i will prepare a new image specific for plain M8S(S812)

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 14, 2017 at 6:13 PM).

• I imagine at some point the bootloader was overwritten by one of the various OpenElec or LibreElec versions I installed. Do you suggest I install the factory android and then install LibreElec from your tar via recovery?

Demetris, Do you have any thoughts on this? I hate to just go into this blind.

If I install the factory Android will the LibreElec install copy over the remote.conf file?

TIA.

• Demetris, Do you have any thoughts on this? I hate to just go into this blind.

If I install the factory Android will the LibreElec install copy over the remote.conf file?

TIA.

Install the newest android image to get the bootloader then update to openelec from zip file then use .tar from my release to update to LE

• Can you try the M8S-PLUS image and report back if it works on your box? If not i will prepare a new image specific for plain M8S(S812)

I have the same M8S as Skripo, I tried the M8S-Plus image it puts the this box into a boot loop. This M8S variant is an odd one. begicj had a working 7.0.3 & 8.0.0 image for this box. Here is a link to his thread. Its a 2gb ram box but he experienced kernel panic when the image called for more than 1gb. While I'm at it, here's a link to the kernel and brcmfmac_sdio-firmware he used.