S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• You would get it from the original android firmware and place it in storage/.Config
    If you look in the amlogic forum there is a thread about remote config files, if you're lucky there maybe one in there

All the best

Paul

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by chunk1982 (March 30, 2017 at 9:41 PM).

• Latest version is not compatible with Tronsmart MXIII. After installing I got the messages SX82 not compatible with S802.

It is compatible, looks like you are trying to upgrade from a previously installed Libreelec version. Demetris advised a clean start from Android without any LE version already running.
    PS: If you want to upgrade from existing LE, You can always do it by putting a empty file named '.nocompat' along with the tar file in the upgrade directory and it will work. I got it working on my MX-III that way but Bluetooth is not working

• You would get it from the original android firmware and place it in storage/.Config
    If you look in the amlogic forum there is a thread about remote config files, if you're lucky there maybe one in there

All the best

Paul

Thanks can I extract this from the firmware or do I need to install it to the box then extract it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-S82.tar on MXIII 2G
    Wifi work.
    Bluetooth work.
    Remote work.
    Temperature CPU now 73*C, before 30*C with libreelec s802.arm -8.0.1-s82.tar.....

Edited once, last by nikosgrgr (April 1, 2017 at 8:11 AM).

• But did your temp actually fluctuate? Mine always says 30 no matter if i just turn it on or it's been playing HD stuff all day

• But did your temp actually fluctuate? Mine always says 30 no matter if i just turn it on or it's been playing HD stuff all day

And mine before install new Image always says 30 no matter.....but now always says 73...what box you have?and you installed the new image?
    Thanks

• Please people start reading. You have to start fresh from android or use .tar to upgrade from openelec! Next not working post I will ask moderator to clean up.

Sent from the Island of Venus

Edited once, last by Demetris (April 1, 2017 at 1:11 PM).

• It is compatible, looks like you are trying to upgrade from a previously installed Libreelec version. Demetris advised a clean start from Android without any LE version already running.
    PS: If you want to upgrade from existing LE, You can always do it by putting a empty file named '.nocompat' along with the tar file in the upgrade directory and it will work. I got it working on my MX-III that way but Bluetooth is not working

Hello Gujal,
    Can you share with us what you did with the remote control problem after the new release of Demetris and than for the MX III? I have no idee where I can find the remote config.
    Where do I create the new folder nocompat? Is that in the update folder or do I create a new folder? Problem now is that everyting is working fine. So the line for me is don't fix it if it aint broken.
    tnx

• And mine before install new Image always says 30 no matter.....but now always says 73...what box you have?and you installed the new image?
    Thanks

My box is a TRMK1 (M8C)
    I've not got round to installing latest update yet as I've been sorting out my daughter's rpi 3 so she can duel boot between libreelec and retropie. I will install latest image this evening.

• If you guys are interested i have released new images with updated wifi driver and bluetooth.
    If you are brave enough please test and report if issues are gone now.
    Link:
    not found | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, PA GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers

Thank you Demetris. March 31 version of LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1-M8.tar installed on square M8 (M8N) however with Bluetooth enabled it still displays "No Bluetooth adapter found." Does this means it is missing the correct driver? Thank you for continuing to work on get Bluetooth support added.

Minor request: When you introduce a minor fix, update or test build, perhaps you could add an "a" or ".1" so the newer file something like LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.0.1a-M8.tar? Having 2 files with the same name but different build dates can be confusing.

Edited once, last by 7up (April 2, 2017 at 9:46 PM).

• If you guys are interested i have released new images with updated wifi driver and bluetooth.
    If you are brave enough please test and report if issues are gone now.
    Link:
    not found | AndroidFileHost.com | Download GApps, PA GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers

Tested the S82 build on MX-III 2GB
    Both wifi and bluetooth are not working on this build. So I am back to the 29Mar build where wifi works.
    Thanks for all the time you are putting on this build
    [hr]

Hello Gujal,
    Can you share with us what you did with the remote control problem after the new release of Demetris and than for the MX III? I have no idee where I can find the remote config.
    Where do I create the new folder nocompat? Is that in the update folder or do I create a new folder? Problem now is that everyting is working fine. So the line for me is don't fix it if it aint broken.
    tnx

".nocompat" is a file, not a folder. It should be in the same folder as the tar file
    The remote.conf is to be taken from your box when it was running Android. You need a root explorer app for this to access the "/etc" directory where you will see this file. You need to copy it from there to an USB drive
    Once LE is up, This file needs to be copied in to the Configfiles share

S8X2 build is still not perfect, so for now I am sticking to the S802 build. The only issue I have with that build is getting bluetooth to work. Otherwise, it is a good and stable build thanks to Demetris.

Edited once, last by gujal (April 2, 2017 at 9:03 AM).

• I seem to be having some sort of HDMI handshake issue with the M8 build. Booting with TV on get a good signal, but turning the TV off for a while or booting without TV results in a black screen (there is also a receiver in between the box and the TV), only solved by reboot. Any ideas on how to debug or prevent the screen turning off?