S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Update, I tried again and a fresh install onto SD card and still the same locks up when stopping a video file...

But I installed -

LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-MXIII-PLUS.img.gz

And so far its working great :) oh just one thing Im guessing thats for the 2gb version of the box?

Do you think it's a problem with Kodi 18 being incompatible with the s812 box?

Thanks

• This morning I flashed 'LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.5.img.gz' on a sd-card and put that in my Minix X8H Plus.

All seems to work quite well: LAN, WLAN, Add-ons, shutdown.

Oh, my Minix 8h Plus runs on the Finless Lollipop ROM.

To bad there's no tar-file, with which I could have updated my existing 8.2 sd-card.

• Greeting everyone, I have been reading all of you for a while also because I am interested in my MXIII box of 1 giga of ram and where thanks to Demetris I managed to install Libreelec to version S8X2 8.2.3. Unfortunately I can't get it started from sd but only in nand starting from openelec 6 and then I update only with the Libreelec .tar in the update folder.

For this Demetris I would be grateful if you could kindly insert the .tar in your folders of this images LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.5.img which I think should be fine for me as I tried with this LibreELEC-S82.arm-9.0-devel-20190517200006-9a6423a.tar but it doesn't update .
    I would be very grateful otherwise I will stay with 8.3.2.

• I've used LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.5.img on my minix x8-h plus and it seems fine, except for the following :

1. Addons repo is not working - seems it is using 9.0.1

2. HEVC files play with lag/stuttering

Lan is working fine, I did not check wifi.

Before this FW, I've had 18.3 for minix from this forum , with it i had to set refresh rate to 50, turn off amcodec, as i turn it on, the box would freeze upon video playback.

But it seems that with this new fw, i can go back to default settings, 60hz, amcodec on and video playback won't freeze the box

I've also tried to play with adjust refresh rate but ut did not help.

It would be nice to have hvec working and the repo working

Thanks for the FW and good work

• I have an image ready for Leia 18.5 for S82&MXIII-PLUS and compatible boards that need testing.

If you are interested have a shot at it :)

StackPath

S82(S802) Try the S82 image

MXIII-PLUS(S812) Try the MXIII_Plus image

I did some tests on my MXIII-G and everything seems to work except "Amazon VOD", "play video".
    The problem is related to the absence of "inputstream.adaptive", which would be downloadable if the Repo LibreELEC worked, but in this build it doesn't work... ||

Edited once, last by Erario (January 7, 2020 at 11:18 AM).

• I've found the issue, the version of "inputstream.adaptive" which I entered manually into the .kodi/addons directory is "old" (2.3.x) for Kodi 18.5 Leia, and I cannot find the correct version 2.4.2 already compiled.

Could anyone be able to zip here with that compressed folder? Thank you!

Demetris, is it not possible to make the LibreELEC repo navigable?

[SOLVED]

I solved it using the image "LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-9.0-devel-20190517212215-9a6423a.img" with Kodi 18.2, Amazon VOD now works perfectly, and the LibreELEC repo is full functional!
    So please Demetris please check your latest build with Kodi 18.5, there's issue inside, for example:

Code
    2020-01-08 10:52:12.534 T:2680718192   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):                                              File "/home/demetris/S8X/build.LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.5/LibreELEC-settings-171142f0bfe5e0d875618b8b1f016c1355476691/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/resources/lib/modules/updates.py", line 521, in check_updates_v2                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode                                            TypeError: expected string or buffer

Edited 8 times, last by Erario (January 8, 2020 at 5:57 PM).

• I've found the issue, the version of "inputstream.adaptive" which I entered manually into the .kodi/addons directory is "old" (2.3.x) for Kodi 18.5 Leia, and I cannot find the correct version 2.4.2 already compiled.

Could anyone be able to zip here with that compressed folder? Thank you!

Demetris, is it not possible to make the LibreELEC repo navigable?

[SOLVED]

I solved it using the image "LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-9.0-devel-20190517212215-9a6423a.img" with Kodi 18.2, Amazon VOD now works perfectly, and the LibreELEC repo is full functional!
    So please Demetris please check your latest build with Kodi 18.5, there's issue inside, for example:

Code
    2020-01-08 10:52:12.534 T:2680718192   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):                                              File "/home/demetris/S8X/build.LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-LE9-Kodi_18.5/LibreELEC-settings-171142f0bfe5e0d875618b8b1f016c1355476691/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/resources/lib/modules/updates.py", line 521, in check_updates_v2                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode                                            TypeError: expected string or buffer

Thank you for the feedback :)

That is the reason why i didn't announce the new version on the main page.

These images are here for you to test and report so i can fix the remaining issues before the official release.

Let me know if anything else comes up and thanks again for the report

• Hi Demetris,

I readed all post since page 49 and I didn't found my answer.

I'm using LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.3-MXIII-1G on my Chinesse OTT M8S n200 box AP3663.

All working fine,

Is there a way to make it work with 2G?

Thank you

• No, 1gb boxes are not supported

• Thank you for the feedback :)

That is the reason why i didn't announce the new version on the main page.

These images are here for you to test and report so i can fix the remaining issues before the official release.

Let me know if anything else comes up and thanks again for the report

Thanks Demetris for for your development!
    When you have news I'm glad to try it.

• Please someome to help me. How can I do the 18.5 version of Libreelec (mxiii plus version) to dual boot in Android (the power selection is missing) and why I can't turn of my device (mxiii-g 2GB) ?

Update : The selection for dual boot that is missing is the "Reboot to NAND". I notice that in a few skins there is the possibility to add this selection in power menu. So I think that an "easy" way to add the missing section is to change a file in the skin's files. I there someone with experience to help me to do this ?

Edited once, last by gthebest (February 6, 2020 at 10:00 AM).

• Hello and goodbye as this release should be my final one since these amlogic boxes cant be supported anymore due to lack of upstream support.

Here is LE9 with Kodi Leia 18.6 for S82 and MXIII-PLUS

StackPath

Enjoy

• Update: Since no reported bugs for some time now am moving the release on OP

Hello and goodbye as this release should be my final one since these amlogic boxes cant be supported anymore due to lack of upstream support.

Here is LE9 with Kodi Leia 18.6 for S82 and MXIII-PLUS

StackPath

Enjoy

Hey! Thanks for the release! Will test it later! Was looking for an updated release! Thank you!!