S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• hi there,

i got a Orbsmart S82 Box, i flashed the File from the 1. Post RemiX_115k4.zip to be able to boot from SD Card. Worked fine.

I also downloaded the Image file LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2.2-S82.img.gz which maybe the rightone, if i choose in Android with a reboot to libreelec.apk the box reboots but the installation aborts with an issue that somethings is writeprotected etc etc. Can anybody help me with the box?

Or do i have to flash LE like the first file? I want to boot LE from SD Card like all other boxes......

• HI doggyofone

Please explain me (others too) for installing the LIbreElec on sd card (and keep the Android os on internal memory/having an dual boot) we will follow and install the

S8X2 LE-8.0.1 & LE-8.0.2 & LE-8.2 images only?

or it is need to install also the Remix zip?

Which are steps? (regarding the remix or/and the S8X2 LE-8.0.1)

First time Remix? and after that our box images?

or just the image?

I repet.....for sd card run of the LibreElec (not from the nand-internal memory of the box!)

My case it is for Miniz 8h-plus.

thank you

• Hi,

Just wanna help, though, we have a different unit. Mine is an MXIII (S82 to be exact)

I successfully dual booted my android installation and libreelec from this thread by following doggyofone.

You first need the Remix zip. As I understand it, it makes you boot into the SDcard, thus dual booting. Simply put:

First - Remix zip. Extract it to your SDCARD. Make sure the SDcard is formatted as FAT32. Install it, let it settle. In my case I rebooted twice after, just to make sure.

Second - The libreelec file for your unit. Burn it to your SDcard. And proceed. I dunno how to do it with your unit but mine is via toothpick boot. Don't forget your remote.conf and nocompat.zip.

END.

I have a question. I'm loving Libreelex and want to completely replace my android installation, how to do it? TIA.

• Hi,

Just wanna help, though, we have a different unit. Mine is an MXIII (S82 to be exact)

I successfully dual booted my android installation and libreelec from this thread by following doggyofone.

You first need the Remix zip. As I understand it, it makes you boot into the SDcard, thus dual booting. Simply put:

First - Remix zip. Extract it to your SDCARD. Make sure the SDcard is formatted as FAT32. Install it, let it settle. In my case I rebooted twice after, just to make sure.

first, I would like to thank you for your help.

Now.....im pretty sure there is not clear for me and I believe for others who wants to install LibreElec by this method as a SECOND os running by SD card!

Where will be installed remix zip by SD card? I want to keep android on internal as he is now!!!

If I extract the remix. zip on SD card, where will be installed? because installing on the internal Box memory....is against the version to keep my Android os where it is now!

Second - The libreelec file for your unit. Burn it to your SDcard. And proceed. I dunno how to do it with your unit but mine is via toothpick boot. Don't forget your remote.conf and nocompat.zip.

END.

I have a question. I'm loving Libreelex and want to completely replace my android installation, how to do it? TIA.

if remix.zip will be installed on SD card, how I will proceed on this second step?

Burn Libreelec on OTHER SD card (different then remix.zip)?????where remix.zip it is installed when I will run the LIbreelec from the SD card?

sorry, but is not clear.....

thank you

• Just another bricked box soon ....

Lucky I'm busy yesterday and haven't done it yet. :D

1. I think Remix.zip is just an update to your AndroidOS. It added some bloatware to my Android OS, the ability to boot to SDcard and it updated my AndroidOS from 112k4 to 115k4. That's it. That's what happened to me at least. ALL SETTINGS, DATA, APPLICATIONS INSTALLED, RETAINED.

2. You don't need another SDCard, after installing Remix.zip you can re-use the SDcard for libreelec.

• Lucky I'm busy yesterday and haven't done it yet. :D

1. I think Remix.zip is just an update to your AndroidOS. It added some bloatware to my Android OS, the ability to boot to SDcard and it updated my AndroidOS from 112k4 to 115k4. That's it. That's what happened to me at least. ALL SETTINGS, DATA, APPLICATIONS INSTALLED, RETAINED.

2. You don't need another SDCard, after installing Remix.zip you can re-use the SDcard for libreelec.

Thank you clear for me most of my questions.

Remains:

1. For installing remix.zip it will be use the procedure: :/:/

unplugged the power cord,

insert the sd card with remix,

push the Reset button with a toothpick,

plug the power cord,

Push power/start button

Keep 5-6 pushed the power or the reset button?????

Or just insert the sd card and start the box (without toothpick?)

2. What bloatware is installing? Can you give me some examples?

Thank you again!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Lucky I'm busy yesterday and haven't done it yet. :D

I run LE on my MX-III from internal emmc only. Android is completely gone but can easily be putback using amlogic usb burn tool if ever needed.

However I do not do 'installtointernal'

The way I did is by starting with Drieschel's build which gets intalled from sdcard to internal by default. And then upgrade it to Demtris' build using the standard LE upgrade procedure
    Drieschel's build is from this thread

• 1. I did toothpick boot. After powering the box on, hold the reset/toothpick until you see an android lying down, release it.

2. I forgot the bloatwares, I immediately uninstalled them :D

I run LE on my MX-III from internal emmc only. Android is completely gone but can easily be putback using amlogic usb burn tool if ever needed.

However I do not do 'installtointernal'

The way I did is by starting with Drieschel's build which gets intalled from sdcard to internal by default. And then upgrade it to Demtris' build using the standard LE upgrade procedure
    Drieschel's build is from this thread

>Thanks again! But I changed my mind and retained my Android and installed Retroarch in it. I can't get Retroarch to work with Libreelec? It just crashes. I'm happy with my setup now.

• Thanks very much for all your work for these boxes.

Just confirming there is a problem in recent builds for the M8 box, regarding CPU usage.

8.0.RC4 gives idle CPU usage around 3%.

More recent versions idle CPU usage is around 30-40%.

These figures are with wifi and bluetooth both disabled.

• Thanks very much for all your work for these boxes.

Just confirming there is a problem in recent builds for the M8 box, regarding CPU usage.

8.0.RC4 gives idle CPU usage around 3%.

More recent versions idle CPU usage is around 30-40%.

These figures are with wifi and bluetooth both disabled.

8.2.3 is the latest version and even that is from almost a year ago. Why are you using 8.0RC4?

• 8.2.3 is the latest version and even that is from almost a year ago. Why are you using 8.0RC4?

Because it's the only one that works properly on my M8 box. All the more recent versions have very high CPU usage at all times which affects interface speed, playback etc.

• Because it's the only one that works properly on my M8 box. All the more recent versions have very high CPU usage at all times which affects interface speed, playback etc.

Yes, I had the same issue on the newer ones. If you connect to the box though ssh and run `top` you most probably would see a process called brcmpatch using 100% of one of the cores. To get rid of the issue I had to do a reset config in LE settings. a reboot after that, it was all fine. You will lose all your settings though including any kodi addons that you may have installed.