Posts by Macko

Macko,.....euh....well....

sorry that's not working for you.

case closed

You're right.

These versions of libreelec doesn't work to be running BY SD card/usb ON Minix 8h plus.

Maybe on internal only. I readed carefully all the thread anf Just 2 users written here that the versions librrelec 18 leia is working On Minix 8h plus, BOTH on internall. Others with sd card succes on other boxes.

That's it.

Buzzmarshalls

No one insulted you.

Read again carefully.

I just told you maybe you didn't read the full story of my tries with all the libreelec versions (17.6 and 18. Leia), first on the lollipop and then after i reflash my box with the original firmware 4.4.

And i was right you didn't, otherwise in your previous post, you're not "indicated" me to load the original firmware of the box...since one page a go i just post it i did that.

This time try to stik to technical advices not insulting me (you just did it in the last post).

speakt to your ability to comprehend what got said but its not a reason to get your nickers all up in a knot... jeese

Buzzmarshall

Did you read this????

datrh

Apparently the lollipop os version was not the issue of libreelec not working versions from this thread....

So, I flashed my MINIX 8H PLUS with the stock Android 4.4 last firmware 011 and the sd/usb card is the same....none of the Libreleec versions from first of this thead working at all. Even changing the dtb's, no results. The only difference is...this time i receive the following message

Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

After that, did you really read my last post before you replied???

Just this evening i tested on the second Minix 8h plus with original firmware 4.4

So, 2 boxes with the original firmware reproduced the same issue with same leia 18 libreelec...what you're talking about???

This version of libreelec image isn't for Minix 8h plus or can't be installed and run it from an SD card/Usb (different labels) . Maybe is working only on internal, which isn't an option for me.

sd card or usb card isn't the issue....

I try it 2 type of them....

L.E.

I just tested...another Minix 8h plus of a friend.....3 different sd cards......now....the message is

"Filesystem corruption has been detected!"

"To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing,"

"press any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds"

Since I've tested on two different boxes, 3 sd cards, different approaches....I believe the Libreelec file from the first post....isn't for the MINIX8h-Plus!!

back to business :

you don't have to change the dtb.

i would try again to boot from the RC5.2 and the bootloader has to be patched

I installed the base version Android 4.4 (fw011) of the MInix 8h plus, clean, nothing added.......and I tried

I will not try Demetris procedure, because I do not want to add anything (bloatware) to my box...Android OS it is running fine as it is.

2 different SD cards/2 different USB stick......same result:

Failed to mount

Unfortunately, none of the Kodi 17.6 or 18 Leia Librellec from the first post of this thread, not working on a fresh Minix 8h plus Android 4.4 (last firmware).

Any other Ideas?

if there's something with the dtb (wrong gpio for the SD or USB) you will get likely :

"Filesystem corruption has been detected!"

"To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing,"

"press any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds"

I experienced that when I was trying to install/change dtb-s and so on when I was on Lollipop :

after 8 tries.....not a chance..

MInix logo appear-blinks- release the Power button-release the reset button.....MInix logo stop and then screen said....the file is corrupt (all versions Libreelec 17.6, Leia RC4- 2 sd-cards and one Usb stick).

I don't understand....

datrh

Apparently the lollipop os version was not the issue of libreelec not working versions from this thread....

So, I flashed my MINIX 8H PLUS with the stock Android 4.4 last firmware 011 and the sd/usb card is the same....none of the Libreleec versions from first of this thead working at all. Even changing the dtb's, no results. The only difference is...this time i receive the following message

Lucky I'm busy yesterday and haven't done it yet. :D

1. I think Remix.zip is just an update to your AndroidOS. It added some bloatware to my Android OS, the ability to boot to SDcard and it updated my AndroidOS from 112k4 to 115k4. That's it. That's what happened to me at least. ALL SETTINGS, DATA, APPLICATIONS INSTALLED, RETAINED.

2. You don't need another SDCard, after installing Remix.zip you can re-use the SDcard for libreelec.

Thank you clear for me most of my questions.

Remains:

1. For installing remix.zip it will be use the procedure: :/:/

unplugged the power cord,

insert the sd card with remix,

push the Reset button with a toothpick,

plug the power cord,

Push power/start button

Keep 5-6 pushed the power or the reset button?????

Or just insert the sd card and start the box (without toothpick?)

2. What bloatware is installing? Can you give me some examples?

Thank you again!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hi,

Just wanna help, though, we have a different unit. Mine is an MXIII (S82 to be exact)

I successfully dual booted my android installation and libreelec from this thread by following doggyofone.

You first need the Remix zip. As I understand it, it makes you boot into the SDcard, thus dual booting. Simply put:

First - Remix zip. Extract it to your SDCARD. Make sure the SDcard is formatted as FAT32. Install it, let it settle. In my case I rebooted twice after, just to make sure.

first, I would like to thank you for your help.

Now.....im pretty sure there is not clear for me and I believe for others who wants to install LibreElec by this method as a SECOND os running by SD card!

Where will be installed remix zip by SD card? I want to keep android on internal as he is now!!!

If I extract the remix. zip on SD card, where will be installed? because installing on the internal Box memory....is against the version to keep my Android os where it is now!

Second - The libreelec file for your unit. Burn it to your SDcard. And proceed. I dunno how to do it with your unit but mine is via toothpick boot. Don't forget your remote.conf and nocompat.zip.

END.

I have a question. I'm loving Libreelex and want to completely replace my android installation, how to do it? TIA.

if remix.zip will be installed on SD card, how I will proceed on this second step?

Burn Libreelec on OTHER SD card (different then remix.zip)?????where remix.zip it is installed when I will run the LIbreelec from the SD card?

sorry, but is not clear.....

thank you

HI doggyofone

Please explain me (others too) for installing the LIbreElec on sd card (and keep the Android os on internal memory/having an dual boot) we will follow and install the

S8X2 LE-8.0.1 & LE-8.0.2 & LE-8.2 images only?

or it is need to install also the Remix zip?

Which are steps? (regarding the remix or/and the S8X2 LE-8.0.1)

First time Remix? and after that our box images?

or just the image?

I repet.....for sd card run of the LibreElec (not from the nand-internal memory of the box!)

My case it is for Miniz 8h-plus.

thank you

beta lollipop

you mean the lollipop of Minix caused the misleading information from the first post?

how to patch the minix bootloader :

• burn the GZ img to a SD
    • browse the SD and rename "boot_autoscript" to "boot.scr"
    • insert the SD in the minix
    • boot the minix while holding reset switch for 5 -6 sec (the bootloader will be patched)
    • let Libreelec boots and configure ssh, etc
    • restore your cfg if needed

I am using a USB3.0 stick (SanDisk Ultra). I put the 18 RC4 version onto it using the LE tool, changed the name of the boot file, unplugged the remote dongle and power, plugged in the usb stick, pressed/held the reset button, plugged in power, pressed/held power button for 5 sec, released power and thereafter released reset button -> LE screen came up and all went automatic from there. Had to repeat this 2-3x as the minix logo appeared i.o. LE screen.

datrh

you maybe have right

The Lollipop beta firmware released by Minix caused also the missing files from LibreElec 17.6 gz

@Antjc

Thank you

Hi Macko,

My X8P is on KitKat, latest official fw available (I never went with the beta lollipop).

I am using a USB3.0 stick (SanDisk Ultra). I put the 18 RC4 version onto it using the LE tool, changed the name of the boot file, unplugged the remote dongle and power, plugged in the usb stick, pressed/held the reset button, plugged in power, pressed/held power button for 5 sec, released power and thereafter released reset button -> LE screen came up and all went automatic from there. Had to repeat this 2-3x as the minix logo appeared i.o. LE screen.

hope this helps,

jak

jak455

Thank you very much. The most useful post for me.

After more then 20 tries in different combinations of LibreElec versions and dtb. images and so on....I will try the way you explained very very clear this time. Pointed out the big difference between indications from the first post and your technique.

boot the minix while holding reset switch for 5 -6 sec (the bootloader will be patched)

Hi Antjc,

could you please tell me which version of Android you have on your X8-Hplus? is it KItkat (4.4.2) with the last firmware (011) or the 5.1 lollipop released by Ken from Minix?

Also, could you please detail the steps of your installation? cause the Libreelec kodi (17.6) doesn't contained the very important file described in the first post of this thread : boot_autoscript

I try it again with the LibreElec Leia and I receive the following screen (I want to run LibreElec only from Sd card and keep the Android so on nand-internal minix memory).

View image

Thank you

Hi,

I updated my X8HP to RC4 - Thank you for the great work !!!!

There is one thing I noticed with regard to the dongle for the A2 remote - I installed RC4 onto a USB Stick and not an SD card. Booting ONLY works if the remote dongle is NOT plugged into one of the USB ports. If dongle is present the device will boot into Minix Android.

One Q that I still have concerns the Whitelist - what exactly is needed here ? Is this a file that needs to be greated or a setting ticked ?

jak

Hello jak455

I also have try it to install Libreelec on my Minix 8h-Plus. (mine is under Lollipop android)-and didn't work. See here

After you post it I try it with the USB stick and take out from Minix the A2 remote usb, same result -not working.

Can you tell us which version of Android you have on your X8-Hplus? is it KItkat with the last firmware (011) or the 5.1 lollipop released by Ken from Minix?

Also, could you please detail the steps of your installation? cause the Libreelec kodi (17.6 doesn't contained the very important file described in the first post of this thread : boot_autoscript

Thank you

to try to help you :

i've extract the dtb.img from the lollipop android firmware.

dtb

download it and replace the existing one on the SD. if we are lucky it may works.

Thank you again for the effort and your support. Doesn't worked either. Almost 3 days of toothpick and "add this to the sd card or copy this file instead of that" ends here (last night after 14-15 Libreelec combination, almost damaged my android os.....was needed the optimized all the apps). I'll try other versions in the future. Good luck with your work.