LibreELEC 9.0 / Kodi 18.X for Minix X8,X8H,X8H+

• The HDMI crashes and I have to completely power cycle the minix in order for the display to come back. Otherwise, it stays on the same frozen screen, even when rebooting via ssh.

This happens when I stop a video, pause, fast forward, or rewind. Also, I set the audio to snapserver pulseaudio. It all works fine as long as I don't do the above. Any ideas?

i got this with a old plasma tv hd-ready, not supporting 24hz/24p.

see below

you need a tv supporting 24hz/24p and you need to set (in Kodi) "adjust refresh rate" and have to define a "whitelist"
    select Amlogic M8-analog even if you're using the hdmi (it helps to fix no audio with some files played by the avr)

gotcha :thumbup:

• if there's something with the dtb (wrong gpio for the SD or USB) you will get likely :

"Filesystem corruption has been detected!"

"To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing,"

"press any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds"

I experienced that when I was trying to install/change dtb-s and so on when I was on Lollipop :

after 8 tries.....not a chance..

MInix logo appear-blinks- release the Power button-release the reset button.....MInix logo stop and then screen said....the file is corrupt (all versions Libreelec 17.6, Leia RC4- 2 sd-cards and one Usb stick).

I don't understand....

• back to business :

you don't have to change the dtb.

i would try again to boot from the RC5.2 and the bootloader has to be patched

I installed the base version Android 4.4 (fw011) of the MInix 8h plus, clean, nothing added.......and I tried

I will not try Demetris procedure, because I do not want to add anything (bloatware) to my box...Android OS it is running fine as it is.

2 different SD cards/2 different USB stick......same result:

Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

Failed to mount

Unfortunately, none of the Kodi 17.6 or 18 Leia Librellec from the first post of this thread, not working on a fresh Minix 8h plus Android 4.4 (last firmware).

Any other Ideas?

Edited once, last by Macko (January 27, 2019 at 6:30 PM).

• MInix logo appear-blinks- release the Power button-release the reset button.....M

MInix logo appear-blinks => hum....

• press the reset switch and stay with the reset switch depressed
    • press the power button and release it like usual
    • wait a few seconds (max 5-6 secs).( if you see the Minix blinking logo => it's too long)
    • release the reset switch.
    • if everything goes right way , you will see the "LibreELEC" splash screen

this is the procedure for the x8-h, i hope it's the same for the x8-hp.

i think you get trouble to pass the "reset" trick.

can a x8-hp user explains to Macko how to do it? maybe i miss something for the x8-hp (remember i don't own a x8-hp)

• Any other Ideas?

This is how i did my plus.

power switch on wall off.

power switch on wall switched to on,

then depressed reset , hold it ,

then tapped box switch and waited 6 sec ,keeping reset depressed.

when logo starts flashing released reset pin.

• Thank you datrh and antcj

I will try the procedure again.... although i did this in so many different ways.

I will have time for this at the end of this week.

Thank you again

• 2. Something strange also happened....after being tired to keep press the reset with the toothpick, I released and press it during the MInix Android logo....and a message come in: something that the Files missing corrupt.....close power 120s (not exactly)

when you were running lollipop , the reset switch trick has worked. the lollipop bootloader wasn't able to fully "understand " the dtb (kitkat flavor) on the SD card. (....file missing corrupt....)

if you can reproduce the same process with a kitkat android... you may be successful.

• Thank you datrh and antcj

I will try the procedure again.... although i did this in so many different ways.

I will have time for this at the end of this week.

Thank you again

I just recalled i had issues as well and it all came right when i got a new sd card. old card must have had issues

• sd card or usb card isn't the issue....

I try it 2 type of them....

L.E.

I just tested...another Minix 8h plus of a friend.....3 different sd cards......now....the message is

"Filesystem corruption has been detected!"

"To prevent an automatic repair attempt continuing,"

"press any key or power off your system within the next 120 seconds"

Since I've tested on two different boxes, 3 sd cards, different approaches....I believe the Libreelec file from the first post....isn't for the MINIX8h-Plus!!

Edited 2 times, last by Macko (January 31, 2019 at 7:29 PM).

• without having the box its hard to say. I used to use a lot of Kevin's boxes (minix) as they were well made but over time as they grew i found the premium you pay to get a minix box just not worth the effort as i don't think i have ever seen any one particular brand of box that can be as picky as them. over the years i have recovered so many of them from various buggered boxes even from the ota firmware he used to push... they are well made boxes but they can be really picky... even the toothpick startup on some boxes is hard to find...

my quess is that if the build your trying to load from here is working for others and not for you then you got one of them real picky boxes and the only thing i can think of telling you is to totally reload the original minix firwmare just to make sure his original bootloader is restored and clean and work forward from there and don't be surprised if you have to do that a number of times trying to get things to load. No one from what i know has ever identified what the real issue is but it happens and FT used to be full of threads on the issue as even his forum when its running never really provided a conclusive answer... I suspect a buggy chip maybe that corrupts slightly just enough to make getting into the bootloader touchy...

• Buzzmarshall

Did you read this????

datrh

Apparently the lollipop os version was not the issue of libreelec not working versions from this thread....

So, I flashed my MINIX 8H PLUS with the stock Android 4.4 last firmware 011 and the sd/usb card is the same....none of the Libreleec versions from first of this thead working at all. Even changing the dtb's, no results. The only difference is...this time i receive the following message

Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

After that, did you really read my last post before you replied???

Just this evening i tested on the second Minix 8h plus with original firmware 4.4

So, 2 boxes with the original firmware reproduced the same issue with same leia 18 libreelec...what you're talking about???

This version of libreelec image isn't for Minix 8h plus or can't be installed and run it from an SD card/Usb (different labels) . Maybe is working only on internal, which isn't an option for me.

• Ya i read it... did you? i specifically said that "my quess is that if the build your trying to load from here is working for others and not for you" which seems to be the case based on others in the thread saying it worked for them...

the rest of what i said is what i know to be true and as a hardware guy that designs stuff your logic of "just because its doing on a couple of the SAME boxes is kinda flawed as if you understood the concept of production runs and what happens its not uncommon to get bad runs. and further don't take my word go and spend some times on FT forums and you will see over the years theres been threads of the minix issues with loading firmware.

As far as the validity of if the software from here is really for what box your working on i have no idea as i assume if someone posted it here and said it was something then it really was.

Getting insulting with people when you don't take the time to understand what they actually said as i can't speak to your ability to comprehend what got said but its not a reason to get your nickers all up in a knot... jeese...

• Buzzmarshalls

No one insulted you.

Read again carefully.

I just told you maybe you didn't read the full story of my tries with all the libreelec versions (17.6 and 18. Leia), first on the lollipop and then after i reflash my box with the original firmware 4.4.

And i was right you didn't, otherwise in your previous post, you're not "indicated" me to load the original firmware of the box...since one page a go i just post it i did that.

This time try to stik to technical advices not insulting me (you just did it in the last post).

speakt to your ability to comprehend what got said but its not a reason to get your nickers all up in a knot... jeese

• Macko,.....euh....well....

sorry that's not working for you.

case closed

You're right.

These versions of libreelec doesn't work to be running BY SD card/usb ON Minix 8h plus.

Maybe on internal only. I readed carefully all the thread anf Just 2 users written here that the versions librrelec 18 leia is working On Minix 8h plus, BOTH on internall. Others with sd card succes on other boxes.

That's it.

• i will not go further with this but almost 3000 download for the 17.6 images....

something like 1000 download for the kodi 18...

again sorry that is not working for you.

chinese boxes are chinese boxes :

like Forrest says :

“My mom always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.”

• You're right.

These versions of libreelec doesn't work to be running BY SD card/usb ON Minix 8h plus.

Maybe on internal only. I readed carefully all the thread anf Just 2 users written here that the versions librrelec 18 leia is working On Minix 8h plus, BOTH on internall. Others with sd card succes on other boxes.

That's it.

I have a Minix X8H-Plus and leia works just fine. I've used Samsung Evo and Sandisk SD cards. I even have Finless android on internal. It should always boot to SD card by using the toothpick method.