S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• Hi

I would like to install libreelec to my Orbsmart S82.

I already installed TWRP but I cannot boot TWRP.

I did not find a software for flashing from windows. (except amlogic which did not accept any of the images you provide)

Could you give directions on how to install libreelec?

I will try ADB or a terminal app for image backup... and maybe for installation as well. Which image format should I use for installation via dd?

thanks

• Whats the best way to install this not using the update folder method? Thanks in Advance

EDIT: Nevermind... flashed image to sdcard then booted via toothpick method.

Edited once, last by iCanuck (November 9, 2017 at 8:43 PM).

• I have 2 OTT XT-S812-V10 AP6330 boxes that i'd like to install LE on. The issue I am having is finding a god OEM ROM for them. I have a lollipop one where everything works except for the ethernet port and another lollipop one where all the hardware works except it will only boot from the SD card. My questions are:

1) Does it matter if the image is not perfect? Will the right version of LE fix it?

2) What is the correct version of LE to use for this box?

3) If I can only boot to recovery, how can I update for external with LE? TWRP? Anything easier?

Thank you

Edited 2 times, last by Skripo (November 7, 2017 at 11:31 PM).

• I managed to load an older version (6.something, I believe) of openelec onto my Goobang Doo M8 s812 box about a year ago and it's been working great, if a bit outdated now (kodi 16--see [ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18) - FreakTab.com). After doing that I started researching the openelec project and discovered libreelec. It looks like libreelec builds referenced in this thread could offer an upgrade path for my somewhat dated hardware. But I'm kind of reluctant to give them a try given that the openelec build I'm on is working great and currently has all functionality I need from it. Any other users in this thread with a box like mine do an upgrade from an older openelec or libreelec version? Were you happy with the results? If so, I'll be interested to hear your input.

Edited 4 times, last by wayover13 (November 9, 2017 at 4:24 AM).

• I managed to load an older version (6.something, I believe) of openelec onto my Goobang Doo M8 s812 box about a year ago and it's been working great, if a bit outdated now (kodi 16--see [ROM] OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes (M8, MXQ, TV110, MX2/G18) - FreakTab.com). After doing that I started researching the openelec project and discovered libreelec. It looks like libreelec builds referenced in this thread could offer an upgrade path for my somewhat dated hardware. But I'm kind of reluctant to give them a try given that the openelec build I'm on is working great and currently has all functionality I need from it. Any other users in this thread with a box like mine do an upgrade from an older openelec or libreelec version? Were you happy with the results? If so, I'll be interested to hear your input.

Well you can always go back to what works, no harm in giving a new version a try out.

• You serious? am about to release v8.2.1 with kernel 3.10.108 LTS released 2017-11-04 what you have now is beyond compare with this release.

Edit: Release is being uploaded!

Thanks again for your great work Demetris. My old MXIII-G (2G/8G) works fantastically with the MXIII-PLUS release.

• Excuse me, could anybody give a hint how to load the LibreElec builds into ROM on my Orbsmart S82?

TWRP-k200 doesn't work. Android ROM Manager Apps all fail. Windows program doesn't load the libreelec images. stock recovery only does a factory reset.

If I use DD to write KERNEL into BOOT and copy the files from SYSTEM-squashfs into SYSTEM-ext4-partition... will that work?

thanx

• So I have a M8S+ and I tried LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-M8S-PLUS.img but didn't work so I used the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-MXIII-PLUS.img firmware and everything works except my remote so I figured I would create my own remote.conf using dmesg but when I ssh via putty and enter 'dmesg' or 'dmesg -c' I get the following error 'aml_dvfs_do_voltage_change, no dvfs driver'

Any ideas how I can get my remote working?

Thanks

• So I have a M8S+ and I tried LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-M8S-PLUS.img but didn't work so I used the LibreELEC-S8X2.arm-8.2-MXIII-PLUS.img firmware and everything works except my remote so I figured I would create my own remote.conf using dmesg but when I ssh via putty and enter 'dmesg' or 'dmesg -c' I get the following error 'aml_dvfs_do_voltage_change, no dvfs driver'

Any ideas how I can get my remote working?

Thanks

Icanuck, I have attached a remote.conf I found for the M8S+. Put this into the configfiles folder and reboot. I also add the remote.conf to the update folder when I install a rom update. I use the \\ipaddress command in windows to access the box and configfiles folder.

• Icanuck, I have attached a remote.conf I found for the M8S+. Put this into the configfiles folder and reboot. I also add the remote.conf to the update folder when I install a rom update. I use the \\ipaddress command in windows to access the box and configfiles folder.

Wow props dude. I have 4 remote.conf files that I've backed up from different crappy clone M8Splus's and none of them would work... yours however did the trick. Thank you much appreciated!

Edited once, last by iCanuck (November 10, 2017 at 4:02 AM).

• Still trying.

The images are meant to flash with windows software? Tells "parse burning iamge fail". img files don't look like official android update imgs!

The zip files are meant to be installed through recovery update? Don't work either. Unzips to /tmp/ but to me it looks like it does not start the update script.

how do you install the tar files?

any help would be appreciated

• Dear community,

Am I being rude or inappropriate when I ask questions here? Twice I asked detailed questions and to no answers. Please tell me if I breached etiquette in some way.

Now my question:

I have two OTT XT-S812-V10 AP6330 boxes that i'd like to install LE on. They are definitely M8M2-n200C. I finally managed to find working ROMS from Ghostware that worked PERFECTLY. LAN, Wireless, Bluetooth, etc.

I used CPU-Z and it reported Total RAM at 1580 MB and internal storage at 4.81GB. Is this normal?

I tried all of Demetris' builds and the closest I got was with the S8X2.arm-8.2-M*S-PLUS.img. Everything proceeds normally until the Libreelec (community): 8.2 screen is displayed, then it goes black.

Is this something to do with the .nocompat? If so how does one go about applying that if it's a first install? Is it already in the latest builds?

All help appreciated.

Edited 3 times, last by Skripo (November 11, 2017 at 5:57 PM).