Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• Not sure if I should ask her or make a new post about installing and using gamestarter.

I downloaded dragged and dropped Game starter3 to my \\LIBREELEC and installed it now not sure how to get going. I am thinking since I have no roms or bioses just drag and dropping the some of the "Gamestarter/packages/" into the folders on my libreelc raspi box . the thing is I am not sure exactly where is it the \\LIBREELEC\Emulators area.

originally I did the install of gamestarter3 installed it could not get it working looked for tuts on it found one on utube "gamestarter run emulators in kodi Raspi Openelec or Libreelec" but I failed to understand how to load the cores, roms and such.

if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to get the Roms and instructions on how to properly install and get up and running

Follow instructions in github, what in summary is: download repo file and install the zip in kodi, then go to addons and install what you want from repo.

Once you have retroarch addon installed you need to copy your roms to /storage/emulators/roms and bios to /storage/emulators/bios. These folders are automatically created when launching retroarch for the firts time, or you can create them.

• sure, you can create it and it should work.

By the way, what controller are you using in LE 9 alpha builds? I started using those builds, because of netflix addon, but in some point in may dualshock controllers started working in a weird way, so they can not be used in retroarch... I reported that bug in kodi forums but there is no solution until now... That's why I turned back to LE8 and I use my PS4 for netflix, HBO & amazon prime.

Hey, sry i wasn't home for a while.

I am using the x360 wireless controllers. working without any issues so far. :)

• another question. does anybody use a Bluetooth-Audio with the Retroarch part so far?

I am going to switch from my tv to a beamer and cause i do not wanna have too many cords i played around a bit with an Bluetooth/Audio switch on my Stereo.

Works just fine on the Kodi Part (pulseaudio) but not sure if that setup will have any success on Retroarch.

My first try just to switch to "pulse" at the retroarch config did not had any success with the first shot.

• Hey, sry i wasn't home for a while.

I am using the x360 wireless controllers. working without any issues so far. :)

Finally I get my dualshocks working with the help of Escalade, but still in LE8 since hyperion works really bad in LE9...

No idea about the sound thing.

Advanced Emulator Launcher updated to v0.9.7-beta1 in repo, also I updated instructions about it in github.

More info about the release: Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi

• Hi..need some help...I m trying AEL and managed to launch few games but not sure how to scrape artwork from gamesdb...can do it 1 game at a time from menu but is there a way to scrape all games in a launcher?thanks

• I am struggling to get sound working over HDMI. Using a Raspberry Pi 2 and up to date Libreleec (8.1.2). HDMI cable to receiver and from that on to TV.

I installed the repository and retroarch and Emulation Station. For now focusing on retroarch. I can start it, use controller and launch games but no audio.

I have read parts of this thread and used google and these are the things I have tried:

-Raspberry config.txt, added some lines (drive=2 and edid_audio=1 and group=1 and mode=16), now looks like this

[all]

include distroconfig.txt

dtparam=audio=on

initial_turbo=0

hdmi_drive=2

hdmi_force_edid_audio=1

hdmi_group=1

hdmi_mode=16

hdmi_pixel_encoding=0

hdmi_ignore_hotplug=0

hdmi_edid_file=0

- Also tried aplay -l, this is my response. Similar to another user in this thread. Am I correct in assuming this meand hardware 0,0? I also often read 1,3 and honestly have no clue what it is and am simply following instructions

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]

Subdevices: 8/8

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Subdevice #1: subdevice #1

Subdevice #2: subdevice #2

Subdevice #3: subdevice #3

Subdevice #4: subdevice #4

Subdevice #5: subdevice #5

Subdevice #6: subdevice #6

Subdevice #7: subdevice #7

card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

This is also where I struggle most. I edited retroarch.cfg in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch where I know have:

audio_device = "0,0" – no other edits in this file.

I also looked in retroarch settings where audio is set to alsa (tried a few others). After launch audio device was listed as a square symbol □. I also changed that to 0,3 and 0.3 (assume comma) and other combinations like 0.0 and 0.2

Audio is not muted in settings and I set gain to +1. And this is where I am stuck now.

Any clues on where/how I should continue?

• Make sure retroarch is off and in retroarch.cfg find "audio_device = " and edit it to audio_device = "hw:0,0"

Launch retroarch and it should work...

You can also do it from retroarch settings and instead of that square symbol type hw:0,0

I got the same setup as you and this worked for me to get audio working from hdmi...havent tried yet trough the headphone jack of the pi yet...

• Make sure retroarch is off and in retroarch.cfg find "audio_device = " and edit it to audio_device = "hw:0,0"

Launch retroarch and it should work...

You can also do it from retroarch settings and instead of that square symbol type hw:0,0

I got the same setup as you and this worked for me to get audio working from hdmi...havent tried yet trough the headphone jack of the pi yet...

Thanks! Have been rereading parts of the thread and indeed I need to add hw:0,0 to make it work

Does the square have any meaning? Have changed so much by now also in config.txt that I am trying to grasp what happened in case I need to set up again. config.txt is pi wide so hope I don't mess up Kodi.

Anyway working, will test tomorrow what the impact now is of undoing the config.txt changes.

• Thanks! Have been rereading parts of the thread and indeed I need to add hw:0,0 to make it work

Does the square have any meaning? Have changed so much by now also in config.txt that I am trying to grasp what happened in case I need to set up again. config.txt is pi wide so hope I don't mess up Kodi.

Anyway working, will test tomorrow what the impact now is of undoing the config.txt changes.

You don't have to touch anything in config.txt ...all I added is hw:0,0 and it worked..and not sure what that symbol means sorry

• For me there was an issue in retroarch.cfg.

Deleting the Enter between the quotation marks solved the issue.

audio_device = "

"

So I changed it in

audio_device = ""

Doing so I was able to select the correct audio device inside the Audio menu of the Retroarch GUI, using the arrow key (left and right).

I have an issue with thumbnails. All the images looks with wrong colors (tending to cyan). Any help to fix this?

• Don't think it's the same issue tough...for me on rpi2 audio_device wasnt even there had to add it myself..

What are you using to scrape your artwork?Did you try the image on a pc?is it the same?

• One more question..Is there a way that I can output sound both on HDMI and headphone jack on RPi..At this moment I m using the audio_device = "hw:0,0" for hdmi and audio_device = "hw:0,1" to output from jack...but have to edit this each time to change audio....is there a way to output both at the same time like what Kodi does?