Posts by internaut

another question. does anybody use a Bluetooth-Audio with the Retroarch part so far?

I am going to switch from my tv to a beamer and cause i do not wanna have too many cords i played around a bit with an Bluetooth/Audio switch on my Stereo.

Works just fine on the Kodi Part (pulseaudio) but not sure if that setup will have any success on Retroarch.

My first try just to switch to "pulse" at the retroarch config did not had any success with the first shot.

sure, you can create it and it should work.

By the way, what controller are you using in LE 9 alpha builds? I started using those builds, because of netflix addon, but in some point in may dualshock controllers started working in a weird way, so they can not be used in retroarch... I reported that bug in kodi forums but there is no solution until now... That's why I turned back to LE8 and I use my PS4 for netflix, HBO & amazon prime.

Hey, sry i wasn't home for a while.

I am using the x360 wireless controllers. working without any issues so far. :)

If you use a RPi, did you try just downloading this zip and unzipping it into /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/lib/ folder? i worked for me in a couple of weeks ago build... But, everytime you update RA addon you need to copy it again.

Hi again,

thats basically what i did before. with v3 there is no lib folder anymore. but let me try with next Alpha update if it is working if it's just created :)

Hi Guys,

after a while i found time to tryout v3.0 of the gamestarter.

I am using Libreelec 9 Alpha/Milhouse Builds as before (with the gamestarter <3.0)

So. here is the deal. there is no libass.so.5** @ Librelec 9 anymore (they're on libass.so.9**. so the linked libass.so.5 isn't available for me.

in Gamestarter versions <3.0 it was simple enough just to copy over the libass.so.5 and libass.so.5.3.3 files you found in Milhouse builds pre #523 into the retroarch resource/libs folder.

this isn't working anymore afaics.

here a little howto what you can do facing the same issue:

1) download the latest Milhouse Build tar file manually from his repo/form thread (-> LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0) )

get also one of the older builds (pre #523 as far as i remember)

2) put both on your linux box (you can simply use the Linux Subsystem for Windows if you're on windows 10. make sure you got the squashfs-tools installed on your linux!)

3) unpack bot tar archives

4) change into the target subfolders of each unpacked tar folder (the one with the SYSTEM squashfs file in it)

5) -> unsquashfs SYSTEM

a squash-rootfs folder will be created.

6) change into that folder and go into usr/lib of the older version.

7) now just copy over the libass.so.5 /libass.so.5.3.3 (not the plain libass.so!) from the older version into the newer versions usr/lib folder.

8) afterwards go to the newer versions target folder

9) delete the old SYSTEM file in there then

10) -> mksquashfs squash-rootfs SYSTEM

11)-> md5sum SYSTEM > SYSTEM.md5

12) delete the squash-rootfs

13) change to the root folder where your tar files where unpacked

14) repack the tar of the newer version with your customized version of the folder structure

15)upload onto your PIs Update SMB Share or place it into /storage/.update via SSH/SCP

16) reboot.

17) let your PI be updated.

afterwards the retroarch/gamestarter stuff is working again.

Sure. LibreElec 9 is alpha. I guess it's not at all supported by gamestarter and for sure

the work-a-round is pretty dirty.

but it works. and i can keep my Alpha build.

Before you ask. I need it to have my AmazonPrime stuff working via InputStream Plugins :)

Cheers!

Int.

Hi Guys,

just in case for anyone using libreelec milhouse build (kodi 18 testing).

I had to copy libass.so* from a prior #507 build to /.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/lib/

otherwise i ended up with a missing shared lib error from retroarch.

build past #506 will use libass.so.9* libraries.

running happily on the 2.9 prerelase now :)

Cheers!

Int.