LibreELEC (Omega) 12.0

• The "wait for network" appears to be not working?

Both my Pi5 and Pi4s can't connect to my database on reboot, but when I manually kill the kodi.bin process they connect fine (meaning the config is correct) - the only reason I can think it's not working is network not ready.

There's seemingly nothing useful in a (non-debug) kodi.log other than that it can't connect to the host where the mysql database is.

• On my Raspberry Pi4 currently loaded with 11.06 libre, no auto update so manually can only see the update channnel 12 .0 but the version panel is NOT populated. ????????????

• On my Raspberry Pi4 currently loaded with 11.06 libre, no auto update so manually can only see the update channnel 12 .0 but the version panel is NOT populated. ????????????

Go back to channel 11, check versions, then try again with channel 12.

• Go back to channel 11, check versions, then try again with channel 12.

I'm having the same issue, also on Raspberry PI 4.

I can change channel from 11 to 12, but the "available versions" list is empty. I have changed back and forth multiple times, enabled/disabled custom channels, and rebooted.

Could this be related to the change of architecture from 32 to 64-bit? I.e. libreelec won't find any compatible entry in the releases.json?

• The architecture change means there are no e.g. RPi4 'arm' images to download hence nothing shows up in the list. We could fake the files to make GUI update simple, but that's also a bad idea since additional things like widevine libs and docker containers must be removed and reinstalled when changing arch and users need to be aware of this.

NB: I'll update the main release post on the website to give some instruction.

• Libreelec 12.0 installed and working nicely on my Pi 4. It seems quicker, smoother and more stable than 11. I followed the manual procedure:

1. Downloaded the Libreelec 12.0 file for the Pi 4 (https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RPi4…4-12.0.0.img.gz) and put it into /storage/.update.

2. Rebooted the Pi. Some update messages appeared on the TV and the operation completed smoothly in about 10 minutes.

Initially, Netflix would not work, with these messages appearing in /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log:

[script.module.inputstreamhelper] ['ldd', '/storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so'] cmd failed
    error <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Initialize: Initialize: Failed to load library: /storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

...seemingly evidencing, as stated in the release announcement, that Kodi is now 64 bit and cannot therefore load the 32-bit Widevine library. I moved the binary

# cd /storage/.kodi/cdm/
    # mv libwidevinecdm.so libwidevinecdm.so.old

and tried the Netflix add-on again. It downloaded and installed a new (and presumably 64 bit) version of libwidevinecdm.so, after which Netflix worked fine.

Jim

• Could this be related to the change of architecture from 32 to 64-bit? I.e. libreelec won't find any compatible entry in the releases.json?

That's right. My above suggestion doesn't work. So for RPi4, do this on SSH:

Code
    cd /storage/.update
    wget https://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RPi4.aarch64-12.0.0.img.gz
    reboot
  • Tried to ssh via putty after enabling ssh on libreelec and received no suupported authhentication methods available (server sent: publickey,keyboard-interactive)

loginid used was root

• Tried to ssh via putty after enabling ssh on libreelec and received no suupported authhentication methods available (server sent: publickey,keyboard-interactive)

loginid used was root

_ts17
    December 31, 2019 at 11:55 PM
  • Hello, what about DVB addons?

No change. There's been increasingly long delays between LE bumping to a new kernel and crazycat sources being available, which complicated our update cycles, and then upstream stopped maintaining the forward-porting mechanism required for dvb-latest. I'm not sure the team ever formally disussed abandoning all dvb-addon maintenance, but those add-ons incur a continual drip-feed of user complaints so over time we've exhausted the list of willing (and unwilling) volunteers. The best option is to find some hardware you can dedicate to an ancient LE or Ubuntu/Debian + modified kernel version and run cards/server end separate from a Kodi client running latest LE. And in the future, vote with your wallet and use hardware that either has upstream support or runs as a network appliance and avoid all driver shenanigans. Sorry for the lame/wrong answer /shrug

• Setting up a seperate RPi for some "legacy things" (e.g. ffmpeg 4.x) seems to be a good idea. I did it because ffmpeg 6.x on LE12 doesn't handle my IPTV streams correctly. No idea why. A separate RPi with LE11.0.6 serves IPTV via TVHeadend-Server for now.

• Hello, what about DVB addons? I stayed with my Pi4 on 10.0.4 because the Blog Post for version 11 said they were disabled.

even at LE10 there were no DVB Addons enabled for RPi4, so likewise there is some misunderstanding

We just have not enabled additional drivers for TBS dvb cards (TBS is a manufacturer) but every other DVB card drivers is still there.

So if it works at RPi4 LE10 it should work at LE12 too.

• I just forget to let you know about this issue, seems to happen each time there is an update for my Rasp Pi 4.....

It will hang like that when it has automatically downloaded an update and then automatically rebooted to install it,

I have to power off the Pi and then when booting it will apply the update.

BTW I do not get any indications / notices about updates.