Posts by atwk

This works fine with Putty - with Plink (in Putty's program folder) as a batch file:

Code: wifi-on.bat
    start C:\Path\plink.exe -ssh [email protected] -pw password connmanctl tether wifi on

As skin button with RunScript(/storage/.config/wifi-on.py) I didn't make it yet

Code: wifi-on.py
    import os
    os.system('ssh [email protected] connmanctl tether wifi on')

From PC over network the file works after password request, but not from Kodi.

Hello all, our WLAN unfortunately does not cover our terrace so well, so I would like to make it easy for my wife to activate/deactivate a hotspot/tethering via Raspberry PI 4 with LE 10 (and Metropolis Skin).

In the skin I have the possibility to create buttons with individual commands, what would a command look like to activate/deactivate thethering? Or how would it look like, if you solve it via PC, e.g. via Putty, batch file or Web Interface? Or can you think of other solutions, maybe via Android?

yes, I then searched through about 15-20 posts here to come up with the solution in the end.

Not every device needs the best audio quality, and with the setup that I revised yesterday, the audio jack is perfectly sufficient.

My concern is mainly to avoid such situations in the future by keeping this information in the config for us users.

Hi all, I had tried a reinstall yesterday with several LE versions and almost despaired at the missing audio because I did not realize that I first had to add dtparam=audio=on to Config.txt. This line was also not present to uncomment, so I assumed a defect for a few hours. After all, I've been using LE for a few PI generations, and audio has never had to be enabled like this - and how would I even know I had to enable it first?

In case of problems I always look in the config, it would be great if you could add this line there in the PI4 versions. For the IR-GPIO pins it is also done, so why not for audio?

Hey - it would be great if the restore function from external sticks or HDDs was possible (like the addon Backup). I now often have the problem that there is not enough space to restore, even if I reset to factory settings beforehand. Due to the size of my backups, this now forces me to reinstall all systems and adjust the partitions beforehand.

Hello, everyone. I installed LibreElec on my PC and I'm surprised that I can't adjust the volume with the gamepad as usual. Also with the keymap editor I can't adjust anything, because there are keys of the keyboard assigned (which I don't have on my Raspberrys otherwise), which can't be changed. Since my main operating systems are on the PC, the keyboard has to stay on. What can I do?

Hallo zusammen. Ich habe mir LibreElec auch auf meinen PC installiert und wundere mich, dass ich mit dem Gamepad nicht mehr wie gewohnt die Lautstärke einstellen kann. Auch mit dem Keymap-Editor kann ich nichts anpassen, da dort Tasten der Tastatur belegt sind (die ich ja sonst an meinen Raspberrys nicht hab), die sich nicht ändern lassen. Weil auf dem PC meine Hauptbetriebssysteme sind, muss die Tastatur dran bleiben. Was kann ich tun?